Game-Labs Forum

Open world: technical problems, glitches, bugs and workarounds

admin

• 2 weeks later...

Just built a frigate, set the quality slider to maximum, 4 crafting notes required. Expected to get Exceptional quality frigate only got Fine. Did get good number of upgrade slots. Is quality slider bugged?

I don't think it's bugged but the ship quality depends on both upgrade slots and built-in upgrades.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having trouble accessing the variable viewpoints since the update.  Previously I could access various view around the ship by pressing Ctrl H twice.  I could move the camera around an see from the vantage of the bow, stern, sides or even up the mast.  It was as if one could walk about the deck of the ship.   But now the view seems to be permanently locked about 1/3 the way up the mast.  "Ctrl H" only removes the UI and with the second application of "Ctrl H"  the UI reappears.  It is great to remove the UI but I have not figured out how to access the ability to move the camera about the deck of the ship.

Am I missing a keybinding? How do I access the previous views from around the deck of the ship? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I recently got back into naval action now in open world with this came the option the change controls a very nice feather seeing that i'm from belgium and use a "AZERTY " keyboard but i seem to be unable to use the chat system I am able to type in it but i seem to be unable to post my comment i assume it is "enter" btw.

I recently got back into naval action now in open world with this came the option the change controls a very nice feather seeing that i'm from belgium and use a "AZERTY " keyboard but i seem to be unable to use the chat system I am able to type in it but i seem to be unable to post my comment i assume it is "enter" btw.

Hmm 

please ask in the french forums because some players there use the keyboard you mention

• 1 month later...

With the game already in Steam Early Access this may not be the place to post a question concerning the snow, fire and explosions so I apologize if this is inappropriate, but when I 'searched' the forums this is the only thread that came up.

Is the snow historically prone to fire and explosions and if so has that been designed into the game?  

The reason I ask is our small clan on the pve server has had 3 snow's catch fire and explode in the last two days; 2 for one player and one for myself.  My mission last night wasn't even at the 1 minute mark when fire broke out, I hit "8" and the ship exploded only a few seconds later.  I have asked in nation chat if others are experiencing similar issues and it did not seem to be the case.  My snow was crafted by a clan member and I believe the other was purchased from ship stores. 

I'm very much enjoying the sim, but this was a curiosity I wanted to follow up on.

Cheers!

With the game already in Steam Early Access this may not be the place to post a question concerning the snow, fire and explosions so I apologize if this is inappropriate, but when I 'searched' the forums this is the only thread that came up.

Is the snow historically prone to fire and explosions and if so has that been designed into the game?  

The reason I ask is our small clan on the pve server has had 3 snow's catch fire and explode in the last two days; 2 for one player and one for myself.  My mission last night wasn't even at the 1 minute mark when fire broke out, I hit "8" and the ship exploded only a few seconds later.  I have asked in nation chat if others are experiencing similar issues and it did not seem to be the case.  My snow was crafted by a clan member and I believe the other was purchased from ship stores. 

I'm very much enjoying the sim, but this was a curiosity I wanted to follow up on.

Cheers!

Perhaps just a bit of unlucky:) Did you turn survival mode on right away you saw the fire under your ship status bar in the left top corner, or just when you saw the fire visually?

Perhaps just a bit of unlucky:) Did you turn survival mode on right away you saw the fire under your ship status bar in the left top corner, or just when you saw the fire visually?

I can't speak for how the other member responded to the fire, but the instant I heard the "ding, ding, ding' I hit the survival button.  It was just seconds later and the ship was gone.  It could very well be a bit of bad luck as I know the RNG gods despise me.  :)

Thanks for the response though.  I had no issues last evening and I sailed the snow for many hours.  As I've now hit Lt. Cmd and moved into a Cerberus the snow is likely going into ordinary for the time being.

Cheers.

So im reporting a bug i think its a problem with compatability with my graphics card. Im running a GTX Titan X and 1/4 times i enter a battle i get weird gray screen flashes and then the game crashes ive now lost my niagra due to these problems id like some explanation or a fix plz.

Could you please send a crash report through Steam Launcher 3-rd option? Please provide then either the report name (it is copied into clipboard) or the character name. Also, does it crash right away when you enter a battle, or there is some time to send a bug report through F11 bug reporter? That would be useful as well.

BTW, as the first step you can try to set Compatibility with Windows 7 on the both client.exe and client_,exe files (here \SteamApps\common\Naval Action) to check if it works

Having a issue, Undocked from USA Home Port, appeared other side of the map. Ship is unable to move in any direction, its showing shallows in front of me and I can set my speed but my sails don't unfurl.

Tried using the teleport and that just does nothing. I have tried to attack passing people and join fights near me but nothing happens and I'm seeing people just sail right past me so I'm not even sure they can

see me.

Anyone know of maybe a fix or some advice on what I can do to try and solve the issue?

Thank you