Game-Labs Forum

Open world: technical problems, glitches, bugs and workarounds

admin

I was in a frigate and bought a yellow module.

In same port i bought a lynx, and went on him for adventure.

Then I saw that my yellow module that was in hold of Frigate was on Lynx.. :S

you have your module with you. I believe that even if you die, your module in your hold will stay with you.

Edited by Doschichis
  • Like 1

I just wanted to post this as it is slightly weird and needs a fix. I was just sailing in my cutter and a Mercury attacked me so I moved outside the attack circle and still got pulled in, I was not even slightly outside I was a fair distance from the circle but still got pulled in. This has happened when I have been attacking enemy AI, I have made sure that no other AI have been in the circle and they have still been pulled in, I thought this was important because the circle is meant to show the edge of where ships can be pulled into the battle.

I just wanted to post this as it is slightly weird and needs a fix. I was just sailing in my cutter and a Mercury attacked me so I moved outside the attack circle and still got pulled in, I was not even slightly outside I was a fair distance from the circle but still got pulled in. This has happened when I have been attacking enemy AI, I have made sure that no other AI have been in the circle and they have still been pulled in, I thought this was important because the circle is meant to show the edge of where ships can be pulled into the battle.

Its happened to me on a few occaisions.

Also I thought I would mention that the Friend request is broken, when you receive the friend request the box is just grey and all you can do is quit off it. 

Wanted to add to this that I invited my friend to a group which then accepted the friend request and had to send a second group invite for him to join.

Edited by Dom

Came out of a battle near Montserrat an was transported half way across the map to La Tortue

Yes this happens sometimes - and it can get even stranger. I was once transported back in time as well as space and was able to observe myself leaving English Harbour in my very first Lynx. 

Other strangeness are those wormholes through islands that the AI ships can take

385 crew on a consti vs 280 on a bellpoulle, my crew did 0 damage to enemy crew whilst it slaughterd my whole crew with out losing 1 man. Lost my consti and all my mods with it. :unsure:

I Would suggest not board anything at the moment! :D

ZbmB4ZW.jpg?1

Edited by SureShot
  • Like 1

I think it have something to do with fire.

Normally I use attack. The first two rounds went well with attack. Got the poule down to 42 crew. After the two rounds I used fire and the next 40 rounds I lost all my crew. Poule stay at 42 crew.

My first time in Open World tonight. Joined as English. Left English Harbour, had a stooge about then tried to enter St John's. Got right up to the dock, could see the harbour name in white, but never saw an enter harbour button or dialogue.

Beat back to English Harbour, in among the moored ships, still didn't get an option to enter harbour. Stowed sails, still no change. Am I doing something wrong? i noticed my Lynx was not showing any national flag - could this be something to do with it?

smith

Try sailing right to the end of the dock and you should see an "enter X port" box at the top middle of the screen. Sometimes you have to move around a little though.

Flags and crew are currently not shown in open world due to graphic demands.

So two bugs/problems occurred this morning.

Sailing my Naval Brig, off the coast of Florida near Mosquito  I and another payer sailing a Basic Lynx engage a cutter.  During the encounter another enemy cutter joins.  The lynx attempts to board one of the lynx and ends up loosing the fight with the enemy lynx keeping 12 crew.

I close with the newly joined Cutter, board and destroy the crew.  Now the bug occurs.  after leaving the defeated cutter the crewless cutter starts following me almost like it was under tow or intentionally following me.  I close with the cutter that only has 12 crew figuring I would board the undermanned cutter but the crewless cutter ends up crashing into me and pinning me against the cutter with 12 crew.  I end up sinking.  

Problem two.  When I respawn, I have been transported a few thousand miles to Terre-de-Bas a island south of Guadalupe.  Pretty much the furthest port from where I was.  No big deal, it's alpha, I can either Teleport of spend all night working my way back to home waters (U.S.).

I did report both bugs.  Anyone else see either of these two buggs?

Edited by Sea Daddy

well to tell the truth, its not the first time I ended up on the far side of forever.  One day I needed to go do some shopping so hit the "teleport to capital" button and left.  I was quite surprised when I got home later to realise my ship had been sailing south/west for four hours.   After about an hour sailing west I made landfall in about the same area.

Being "Alpha" just gota laugh, report it and carry on.

Edited by Sea Daddy