Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
PIerrick de Badas

French Frigate L'Hermione

Recommended Posts

Exactly! It's very strange when you go home and nothing moves and there's no noise...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Surcouf said:

Exactly! It's very strange when you go home and nothing moves and there's no noise...

I used to do shifts at an observatory where the dome/building rotated to get ahead of the target source roughly every 2 minutes.  Even though it was only about 2-4 weeks a year, for almost a decade after that I frequently felt the same phantom sensation of the building turning under my feet anywhere I was. 

Edited by Barbancourt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great work!!!!! Astronomy is a subject that interests me too!
Generally speaking, non-standard activities leave behind non-standard sensations. I'm very happy to have taken this sound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2019 at 11:04 PM, Surcouf said:

DJI_0020.jpg

 

Any chance to get a full HD version of this picture? I would love to have that as a desktop wallpaper!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not sure, I took it from the Mediaman and he didn't give a better picture...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, Surcouf said:

...Work on azimuthal PODs in dry dock before the trip.

BLOODY CHEATER! 😜

 

On 5/11/2019 at 3:23 PM, Surcouf said:

Exactly! It's very strange when you go home and nothing moves and there's no noise...

It's really funny. On our sailing-trips (mostly in the mediterranean) I sleep like a baby from the first moment, where I can find some nap-time. All the swaying, the ship's noises, the talking by the rest of the crew, all fine and even helping.

First night at home after 1 or 2 weeks -> no sleep at all...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Surcouf said:

The commander and his second in command.

PMAX0705.jpg

Well, ok, I really tried my best. So far, I refrained from commenting on the commander's "authentic" AWI period uniform (what is he meant to represent? A capitaine de vaisseau?,  in "petite uniforme"? Whatever. That cut of the coat tails ...too narrow for the period, the material used ... so cheap! The red collar (for undress uniform) missing, the cravat (stock is missing entirely, a no go for the period!), epaulettes are post Ancien Régime style, the waistcoat - what a strange cut (that horizontal section in the middle),  the swordbelt high over the waistcoat, arrgh! Etc., etc. (check your Boudriot and contemporary portraits to find out what's just inacceptable here) ....Oh my!

But now, with this second in command ... It's simply too much ...

That's ( meant to be) the uniform of a lieutenant de vaisseau, 1er Empire, "conforme au règlement de prairial an XII"! Of course - as for the quality of this Second in command's uniform - better but, still, overall, the same as what was said on the quality of the AWI period commander's uniform ...

Believe me, I know terribly well why I hate re-enactment... :rolleyes:

 

 

Edited by Wagram

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Archer11 said:

BLOODY CHEATER! 😜

True :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Wagram said:

Well, ok, I really tried my best. So far, I refrained from commenting on the commander's "authentic" AWI period uniform (what is he meant to represent? A capitaine de vaisseau?,  in "petite uniforme"? Whatever. That cut of the coat tails ...too narrow for the period, the material used ... so cheap! The red collar (for undress uniform) missing, epaulettes are post Ancien Régime style, the waistcoat - what a strange cut (that horizontal section in the middle),  the swordbelt high over the waistcoat, arrgh! Etc., etc. (check your Boudriot and contemporary portraits to find out what's just inacceptable here) ....Oh my!

But now, with this second in command ... It's simply too much ...

That's ( meant to be) the uniform of a lieutenant de vaisseau, 1er Empire, "conforme au règlement de prairial an XII"! Of course - as for the quality of this Second in command's uniform - same as what was said on the quality of the AWI period commander's uniform ...

Believe me, I know terribly well why I hate re-enactment... :rolleyes:

 

 

The second commander does a lot of historical reconstruction of the very large groups. He knows very, very well that this uniform is anachronistic. He knows that. But we don't care at all because it's cool to wear uniforms all the time.
But he also has the right uniform! He uses it when you arrive in a port. The other officers also have the right uniforms.
Besides, know that the owner of the Hermione scolded him for not wearing the right uniform at sea... Anything.... Especially since the association's uniforms are of poor quality as they are absolutely not warm. And it's cold at sea.
Frankly, it doesn't shock me at all that it's not the right uniform. At least he lives his passion to the full.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Surcouf said:

The second commander does a lot of historical reconstruction of the very large groups. He knows very, very well that this uniform is anachronistic. He knows that. But we don't care at all because it's cool to wear uniforms all the time.
But he also has the right uniform! He uses it when you arrive in a port. The other officers also have the right uniforms.
Besides, know that the owner of the Hermione scolded him for not wearing the right uniform at sea... Anything.... Especially since the association's uniforms are of poor quality as they are absolutely not warm. And it's cold at sea.
Frankly, it doesn't shock me at all that it's not the right uniform. At least he lives his passion to the full.

 

46 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

It's not the uniform that makes the man...it's the man that makes the uniform.

 

32 minutes ago, LeBoiteux said:

C'est pas l'homme qui prend la mer... C'est la mer qui prend l'homme, Tatatin

 

Faint excuses ... all of them. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the LEG 01 (the one where I sailed), we took on board two journalists from France 3 Normandie.
Here are the episodes, they are short and the n°4 is missing.... French only!

It's stealthy, but I get run into from time to time.

Episode 1

Episode 2

 

 

Episode 3

Episode 5

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...