Game-Labs Forum

Unable to login via Steam.

Stonewall.

I've encountered an issue when attempting to log into Naval Action through Steam. I've very recently undergone major surgery and games are one of the few things I can do from my hospital bed to try and pass time, and take my mind off the pain. However I'm unable to figure out just what has happened. Previously when attempting to login through Steam, I would open the game, get the opening "Naval Action Configuration" window to set up graphic settings, hit play, the login screen would appear. Login type would be set as Steam; then click Steam Login, and the game would load into the lobby.

However now when I click the Steam Login button to get into the game, I am getting the error: "SteamAPI_Init() failed"  

After getting this error, I uninstalled the game from Steam, re-downloaded Naval Action Beta, but I am still having the problem. I purchased the game February 5, 2015, have my original Paypal Receipt, Steam Key, and I know my username. The only thing I am a little fuzzy about is my password. I'm just wondering if anyone else has run across this issue, if I need to contact someone specific about this issue, or if perhaps I need to manual delete certain files before re-installing the game and not just have Steam only delete Local Content.

I'm still under post-op treatment so I apologize if I'm vague in places or not getting the information across correctly, as my brain is still a bit foggy. But any help is much appreciated, and if any more information is needed just let me know.

Thanks in advance.