Game-Labs Forum

Hold unit button

tipasa

Hello, my first post in the gettysburg forums and i have an question considering ordering your units to hold.

I have searched quite abit these forums but have not found an answer yet

So my question goes,how does "Hold" affect your units, to me it seems that units take much more punishment without retreating or routing while in "hold" but only being played 10 or so battles i cant be surtain about it so might as well ask here. So does "hold" have morale bonus or something like that implemented on it?

Would like to know because my own tests about it seems to favor using hold to keep men in their line longer ( If really needing to hold that damn position to the end ) and in attack too to keep lines moving and firing without constant ordering of routed troops back to the fronts. Thank you in advance generals

Hello tipasa,

Welcome to our forum. In the PC version, the hold button does not give any bonus. It just makes the unit to stand longer in a position, disregarding low morale and not to auto-rotate to pick target. This, indirectly can make the unit stronger for some time, as by standing to a position will make it to inflict casualties for longer time to enemies and not lose the ground it holds. The negative is that if the unit is overwhelmed and is pressed to hold, it will eventually retreat after some time, with danger to get many more casualties and to deplete its condition.

In the iPad version the hold command, additionally provides some defense bonuses.