Game-Labs Forum

Dutch Ship of the line 82 guns 'Hollandia' 1665

Ned Loe

'Hollandia' 

Launched 1665

Dimensions: length 165 (Dutch) feet, with 41¾ feet, depth 15¼ feet en 82 guns.

History: ordered by the admiralty of Amsterdam and build at Amsterdam’s admiralty dockyard as part of a 24-ship program since a new war with England was looming on the horizon. The ‘Hollandia’ was the Republics largest warship in 1665 and acted as flagship for the admirals de Ruyter, Tromp, van der Zaan, de Haan, Sweers en van Stirum.

The ship took part in the following sea battles:

-          Four Days Battle

-          St. James's Day Battle

-          Raid on the Medway

-          First Battle of Schooneveld

-          Second Battle of Schooneveld

-          Battle of Texel

After the Third Anglo-Dutch War ended the ship was laid up at Amsterdam until 1683. She then took part in the Voyage to Gothenburg but on the way back she found herself in a terrible storm which was so severe that she lost her beak head and bowsprit and finally her masts had to be cut. The stern began to come loose and slowly the ship began falling apart. Because they fired distress signals the entire crew was finally able to leave the ship safely. Moments later the only eighteen year old ship with her glorious career sank to the bottom of the sea near the coast of the north of the Republic.

cPZts72.jpg

GDoJUHe.jpg

rqK1HRK.jpg

Q42QXLp.jpg

g1HcbMA.jpg

• Like 5

• 10 months later...

A beauty. Also still can't believe 17th century ships like this one are considered too old, if they are too old the constitution is too new. Damned double standards.

A beauty. Also still can't believe 17th century ships like this one are considered too old, if they are too old the constitution is too new. Damned double standards.

i can understand it from a development standpoint unless you wana keep adding ships forever :P

but from a gameplay standpoint calling a ship like this to old is bonkers

If they say 1600-1830 hard limit though 1690-1790 preferred then tell me why they already added 4 post 1800 ships (excluding 2 of 1799) and non before 1700?

They say 1670-1830 hard limit though...

Ah they must have changed that then. Point still stands though, 4 ships beyond 1800, 0 pre 1700.

for now, we dont know all the ships they are working on, for all we know they have 20 ships planned that come between 1670 and 1700, or we get 0 or someplace inbetween.

• 3 months later...

I sincerely doubt any renowned dutch ships making it into the game.

I say that with the knowledge that the '7 provincien' 1665-1694 has been denied entry.

no a fence..but huh ..

:huh: well ...not even.... 1 ......dutch ship  :o

that is a open...... war declaration..... to the dutch navy and the nation

and a insult ....  :mellow: and...and ... many things more ...

Tsaar peter will not be happy..... i can assure you...

this game will be cursed if.... if ...if...

and we all will know what will happen then ..... :ph34r: Ay .. i already have seen it... i have ...and it was.... not pleasant..

May the Lord of Neptune take care of our sailors

Edited by Thonys

no a fence..but huh ..

:huh: well ...not even.... 1 ......dutch ship  :o

that is a open...... war declaration..... to the dutch navy and the nation

and a insult ....  :mellow: and...and ... many things more ...

Tsaar peter will not be happy..... i can assure you...

this game will be cursed if.... if ...if...

and we all will know what will happen then ..... :ph34r: Ay .. i already have seen it... i have ...and it was.... not pleasant..

May the Lord of Neptune take care of our sailors

He said 'renowned' Dutch ship, not any Dutch ships.

There aren't any really renowned Dutch ships from the second half of the 18th Century. 

To add to my statement:

Knowing the Dutch Amsterdam will not be build due to lack of plans (she was replaced with the chapman indiaman), and knowing that the current player selection thread has yielded no dutch ship, i am fairly sure not a single ship will be in this game for maybe another year (Maybe player selection 2017).

To add to my statement:

Knowing the Dutch Amsterdam will not be build due to lack of plans (she was replaced with the chapman indiaman), and knowing that the current player selection thread has yielded no dutch ship, i am fairly sure not a single ship will be in this game for maybe another year (Maybe player selection 2017).

I'm still hoping that the wild card will be a Dutch ship.