Game-Labs Forum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turuma
"A turuma (from the Finnish word "Turunmaa") was a type of warship built for the Swedish archipelago fleet in the late 18th century. It was specifically developed for warfare in the Archipelago Sea and along the coasts of Svealand and Finland. The turuma was designed by the prolific naval architect Fredrik Henrik af Chapman for use in an area of mostly shallow waters and groups of islands and islets that extend from Stockholm all the way to the Gulf of Finland."

"Altogether fourteen turumas were completed, making it the most common of the four archipelago frigate types.[13] At the outbreak of war in 1788, they formed the core of the archipelago flotilla in Finland."

"Like the other specialized archipelago vessels, the turuma had only limited advantages. While it had superior firepower, its sailing qualities were only average and they were slow under oars.[21] It had the potential to be an effective weapon against galleys, matching their forward firepower and severely outgunning them with its broadside armament."

As a ship designed for shallow waters, it could be used well in parts of the carribbean.

• Like 2

I have also managed to find some slight drawings of the Hemmema (Showing side, from above and how the back looks). :)

I will post them when i get home from work.

Aye the Hemmema looks interesting, especially for the development off Shallow water ships, could work nicely all round in the Caribbean, any specs you would recommend?

It aint a very clear picture, i belive it to be Oden from what i have made out.  :)

zaF8mHM.jpg

How the back ornaments look (Not sure from what ship).

Drawing_of_transom-Oden.jpg

Rigging plan

Birger_Jarl-hull_rigging_plan.jpg

Atleast you can see somewhat how the back form is on this picture.

Color_drawing_of_hemmema_Oden.jpg