Game-Labs Forum

Re-inforcements Randomizer Needs Work

Example: Chance To Change History In Multiplayer. I was doing great handling loads of Rebs as they moved onto the map. But just never got any aid all the way to halfway through the game, I simply could not hold out. So what was fun and challenging turned into a game that simply ended for me half way through.

Now hear me out, Clearly there is a Randomizer for reinforcements to enter the game. That's great! And so cool. Problem is the code needs more work. Union is weak still so a slight skew towards Union? Or something that rewards geography area occupation? Or VP retaining? The Randomizer simply doesn't work well.

Lovin the game still!

Cheers!

• Like 1

Well, they made a nice scenario here for hardcoreplayers. The scenario includes a lot of time for checking positions and shifting around. It includes boring times troops need to recover for next assault. Chasing Heth and Pender around the map the whole time wont work against organized union defenses.

Since last patch we have a really nice balance, favouring the union a little bit. We dont need another step towards stronger union. A lot of Rebs already changed sides favouring union now. We can not afford losing even more Generals :S

But by the way...

Can we have additonally have the old scenario "chance to change history" back ?

It was like I like it...

Short, intensive, bloody :P

...and not really favouring union.

• 2 weeks later...

@Aggresissive_kunst

I've seen you a few times comment your opinion about the balance between confederates and union and I keep thinking I have read your posts wrong but you seem again and again to imply that the union is in a good place. For example here you are talking about Chance to Change History as if the Union has a chance against a competent player. I very strongly disagree.

I would much like it if you added me on Steam, I cant seem to find you. The name is Koro. The problems I see are mostly evident in Devil's Den, Benner's Hill and Chance to Change History, but the confederates are currently very strong in any scenario if used to their full potential.

The problems I see are outlined by me and Commander Straker in a post on the steam forum called "It's time to talk about... Devil's Den". You might have to go back a few pages to find it - you can also find me there and add me if you like. Then we can play a few games and I'll show you the problems other people are talking about here too.