Game-Labs Forum

Locking threads too soon

Often threads are locked way too soon.  Sometimes with a good answer, sometimes not.  I understand trying to keep a tight and organized website/forum but often threads are locked way too fast.  I recommend support threads stay unlocked unless it is a "flash point" thread that can quickly spiral out of hand.  This way if someone has this issue and the solutions in the thread don't work for them, they can reply to it and receive help, without having to recreate a thread on the same topic and those who help them have to look through multiple threads.  All the previous discussion will be right there in the same thread.

This is a perfect example of a thread being locked too soon with an inadequate answer.  It is also a thread from a paying customer who can't get the game to work and care should be given to make sure that a proper answer is given.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/4543-graphics-card/

mel, on 17 Mar 2015 - 10:07 AM, said:snapback.png

My card does not have shader 5 which is needed to run the game.Can anyone let me know of a card I can buy which has shader 5?

Thank Mel

Check this:

http://forum.game-la...pc-do-you-have/

I was looking into the issue and within 8 minutes the thread was locked so when I went to post my reply I couldn't.

The thread linked does not answer the OP's question.  It also doesn't inform him that if he has a laptop he probably will have to buy a new one as you can't typically upgrade laptop gpus.

Proper answer would have informed him of this as well as linked to a different post:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/3048-typical-problems-useful-information/

Video card: Game requires a video card with full DX11 and Shader Model 5 support with at least 1GB of video memory.

nVidia gtx 460 and higher or AMD Radeon HD 6450 and higher are required.

nVidia gtx 660 and higher or AMD Radeon R9 270 and higher are recommended.

Intel GPU is supported from Intel Iris 5200 and higher but not recommended due low visual quality and performance.

Then it could be locked. The thread linked is 10 pages of people talking about their computers, not the requirements for the game.

Edited by Prater
  • Like 1

In this case, I'm going to agree with you. In the future, please message the moderator that locked it as, to prevent flame wars, we'd prefer moderation not be discussed in the public forum. I do, however, agree that some threads, mainly in Support, are getting locked a little too fast. I'll raise the issue with the Mods and see if we can standardize that a little.

Thanks Prater, I've unlocked that thread and would appreciate you providing a more full answer to the OP.

Yes, I'm not calling out any moderators, or trying to start a flame war or anything, just something I have noticed in general that I think needs to be addressed. I am pretty much only talking about the support forum.

Yes, I'm not calling out any moderators, or trying to start a flame war or anything, just something I have noticed in general that I think needs to be addressed. I am pretty much only talking about the support forum.

I understand fully sir, and appreciate your attempts to help your fellows out!

This forum section is exactly for such issues. If you think a topic was locked too soon post the link here, and ask for unlock

Also

Please if you think some of the volunteer moderators abused their position report to me in private.