Game-Labs Forum

New Patch Statement

Are you pleased with the new patch ???

Well, at least I am. :)

Good work guys but no time to make a break. Still a lot of things to do.

If you want to keep a community together we still need improved MP otions. A lot of them.

As you can see, all gold oldies profitate from its MP-gaming (Ages of mythology, SM Gettysburg, Worms, Counterstrike etc)

You made succesful attack to a really difficult thing but I like it.

Unfortunately it made a lot of hardcore rebels to unions, because defending is much easier now.

Finding an opponent will almost always result in playing rebel.

Havent found a game looking for union player since last patch xD

nevertheless, iam happyy with the new patch :)

regards

aa

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Tried a match. Archer had an awful tendency to split its brigade and have part of it chase a skirmisher unit all the way to seminary ridge. It didn't help that that part refused to return to McPherson's ridge despite ordering it to, resulting in Archer dropping to 0 condition due to being locked in melee. Just as Iron Brigade and Cutler arrived.

Feels... different, and not necessarily in a bad way. I guess it's all about getting used to the new balance.

I played a game of Devil's Den against a good Reb player; he beat me, but it was a close-run thing. Union still is Union, with its tendency to collapse when low on condition (III and V Corps are quite prone to this with the exception of a few outstanding brigades) and condition seems to run out much faster with movement than in the last patch. Large general radiuses do seem to make boosting troops easier.

The Confederate player relied on firepower, keeping up constant pressure and keeping his arty close behind his troops, with occasional demonstrations and attempted charges. All in all, Union troops that did get caught in melee seemed to perform slightly better rather than crumpling up like a paper bag, which hepled prevent the mass killing scenarios that were common pre-patch and that could take place due to a slight lapse in your micro.

The reinforcements from Henry "Slow Come" Slocum (XII Corps) seem to arrive a little earlier, which allows them to influence the battle, and it is actually possible to take Big Round Top as Union.

Other than that, a few observations:

- Confederate arty seems to be less underpowered

- Cover is less effective against arty

- Solid shot is quite deadly

- Confederate arty is more effective in its role of supporting attacks

- Union troops seem to have more of a chance when fighting in cover

- Union troops are less vulnerable in melee insofar as they will not practically run on contact

I'm not a big fan of the newest patch.  For example, I started a new battle as the Confederates and the Iron Brigade showed up and charged.  Matter of fact, they charged from one end of the board to the other.  They are unstopable.  All they do is charge.  And, if my unit is in the way, they charged right through them and kept on going.  I had to turn around and chase them.  I never could stop them. Every unit I placed on them were quickly drained and retreated.  I also didn't like having to shadow/chase down other Union units that were routed.  They would take off running and swarm a artillary unit and kill them off, run over an area I captured and I would lose those VPs and would have to go back and recapture it.  The previous patches didn't do that.  When the routed unit would run it would run around until it escaped.  Now, the routed unit just runs over you killing off most of everything in it's way.  They are more dangerous in this state.

Not a complaint, just my two cents.

Mike

Edited by Kelleymoe
  • Like 1