Game-Labs Forum

Testing HE/Fire-spam in 1.6 Beta (also muzzle velocity and accuracy)

Disclaimer: I recorded and uploaded this video this morning, in the latest 1.6 beta version, but then patch 1.6 went Live before my video did...😅

I don't think much has changed in the Live version from the last Beta build version though.

Findings:
Fires seem to no longer spread too much or kill too much crew until a ship has had its Structural Integrity reduced by a lot.
A lot of crew will still die though, so I imagine it will be hard to keep your crew level in the long run in a campaign. Crew Pool might become a very important number, rather than something we just don't care about after a certain point.

A lot of small guns (5" in the case of the Light Cruisers) will still chew through a battleship - if they get close enough. Hordes of very fast DD's might be better at this than the CL's I threw together.

A big gun AP-firing BB will kill a small gun HE-spamming BB, even if the latter starts close enough to negate the big gun's AP range advantage.

Light Shells, Triple Base propellants, and longer barrels are now viable again (in 1.5.1.6 they were objectively the wrong choice no matter what you were going for).

• Like 1