Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.6 Feedback<<< (Latest version: 1.6.0.6 Optx5)

yes. AI runs away almost no matter what now. I could adjust this in params before (1.5 maybe), and just recently no matter what I do, it doesn't work.

If anything is on your priority list, please move it down, and put this in top. For the first time in 2400hrs I'm gonna put this game aside, and wait until this is fixed.

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>v1.6 Feedback<<< (Latest version: 1.6.0.6 Optx4)

Uploaded optimizedx4 build including:
- Auto-Design further optimizations.
- Further shell dispersion optimizations.
- Further ship movement optimizations.
- Rudder options became more distinct in their effect.
- Aiming became more persistent when hitting the enemy.
- More aggressive Division AI logic for Screen/Scout commands (passed the change from the current beta)
You need to restart Steam to get the update.

Note: The beta version of the game will be updated soon, most probably today.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

We will offer choice to run campaign without the packed AI designs, so it will run as before for mods.

How much will this impact performance, aka  slow down the turns?

I don't really care about how much time it takes to start the campaign,bu wait time between turns is important 

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>v1.6 Feedback<<< (Latest version: 1.6.0.6 Optx5)

Uploaded optimizedx5 build including:
- Fixed issue in Campaign forcing the AI to design ships too often, delaying the turns.
- Further optimizations for auto-design.
- Further improvement on how snapping works in the ship constructor, fixing previous problems causing difficulties to add guns on barbettes.
You need to restart Steam to get the update.

This optimized version should be good and stable enough until we finalize the beta, which will offer all the radical improvements in campaign loading times.

• Like 5

I repeated the tests I did two weeks ago to see if the issue with very high resistance has been fixed, and it really hasn't.
At 193 resistance you still get -100% gun damage. True, this might be a rounding error as my ship still takes some damage in this case, but it's really minimal - single digit damage numbers scored by even full penetrations by 20" guns.

The issue has been somewhat improved since last time, with fewer hulls now being able to achieve the -100% gun damage modifiers, but it can still be done and I still think it's a problem that should be looked into.

(and yes, my game here is completely vanilla, no mods whatsoever)

I think this could be solved by either adjusting the resistance values on all hulls so that they have their stated resistance values when their displacement slider is in the middle rather than at minimum, which is currently the case (even then they have more resistance than they should have, but that might be because of techs?), and so the hull resistance can be increased or decreased from there by adjusting displacement up or down. This could be achieved by reducing all hull base resistance values by 15 to 20%

OR just have a hard cap of -80% or even -90% gun damage, and no matter how much you increase resistance from there. This would still give hulls with high base resistance an advantage, as they could reach that cap more easily without having to minmax components.

(prior to 1.6.0.5 I don't think you could get any better than a -70% gun damage modifier, or at least not a lot more)