Game-Labs Forum

>>>Multiplayer Feedback<<<(v1.1.7)

The new Multiplayer version of the game is finally available! You can read the news here:

BTN3.png

Your feedback will be welcome.

There is also a new Steam forum for the Multiplayer where you can share your thoughts:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1069660/discussions/5/

=========================================

v1.0.1 Version is uploaded to server
- Fixed various minor issues/bugs.
- Fine tuned initial fuel for battles.
- Fine tuned accuracy, which could be too low at close distance making fast moving small ships very hard to hit.

v1.0.2 Version is uploaded to server
- Fixed some critical issues which created inconsistencies when surrendering in a battle or trying to reconnect after a disconnection.
- Fixed bug causing smoke screen to reset for a detached ship of the division.
- Fine tuned accuracy further.
- Increased slightly the cost limits for modern battles.

v1.0.3 will be available shortly, after server maintenance. Here is what it will include:
- Matchmaking system logic improved further so that there are no unnecessary delays when players are matched and wait for combat.
- Gun accuracy / aiming adjustments so that they are better balanced and does not allow very fast and small vessels to become overpowered.
- Smoke screen duration decreased -50 %.
- Fire damage to crew and Fire spread balanced to be more depended on ship structure.
- Auto-Design further optimizations.
- Battle UI improvement. The name of player is not shown above each ship and the intensity of the UI can be configured in General Settings.

v1.0.4 will be applied shortly:
- Added Leaderboard. You can now see the top 50 players by pressing the "Leaderboard" button in port.
- Added weather settings for combat. By default, weather is random, but you can now change the setting via the respective button in the pre-battle window. If only one player chooses a weather condition or both agree in the same setting,  it always applies. Else. weather will be applied randomly between the choices of players. With this new setting, friends can arrange the weather they want for their battle or players can try to enforce a weather condition for their meeting engagement, according to the ships they use in their fleet.
- Fixed draft of ships which could result in some ships, in certain conditions, to be too low in the waterline.
- Fixed fire instances not cleaning up, creating large lag, especially at the end of battle, when too many ships had never-ending fires.
- Fixed some minor bugs, that were reported.
- Fixed fonts for Japanese/Korean languages.

v1.0.5
- Fixed temporary problem with fonts overlapping in many UI places.
- Fixed a minor gun barrel issue for Japanese 7-inch, 8-inch guns (Only one barrel was elongated when increasing length).
- Fixed an issue of win condition when evaluating combat result after combat expired.
- Fixed bug of rudder cancelling the auto-adjusting of ship turning, when exiting the battle borders.
- Various minor improvements in UI.
- Improved lighting of combat environments and of the port.
- Various small bug fixes.

v1.0.6 will be available shortly:
- Fixed bug in battle borders which made ships to not be able to enter back into combat.
- Fixed bug in weather not applying storm conditions consistently (visuals and UI were showing clear weather condition, but everything else applied as if there was a heavy storm, ships having low accuracy, visibility and low speed)
- Elo progression fine tuned.
- A few other small fixes.

v1.0.7 will be available shortly:
- Balanced out the gun erosion effect so that very long barrels not receive too high accuracy, to exploitable levels.
- Adjustments in gun recoil, instability caused by damage, and other factors affecting accuracy of weapons.
- Fire rate difference between short and long barreled guns became more distinct.
- Fixed issues in rating calculations and normalized the results so that there is not so much point difference according to players' rank.
- Improved auto-design to prefer using guns of larger caliber length.
- Several fixes improving game's network stability.

v1.0.8
- Balanced the cost of torpedoes/torpedo propulsion. Electric torpedoes now are lighter but more expensive. The oxygen torpedoes are much more expensive. Speed of torpedoes according to propulsion has been re-adjusted. Previously the cost of torpedoes was too low and many players abused this by making many inexpensive Destroyers with 24-inch oxygen torpedoes. At least now their total cost should be more restrictive.
- Fine tuned fire damage to crew. Crew damage and fire spreading will increase significantly only when the ship's structure integrity is reduced a lot.
- Fix for 7-inch guns which had lower damage than they should.
- Increased slightly the cost limits for Modern and Dreadnought battles.
- Improved the ship's draft so that ships sail on average higher on the water.

v1.0.9:
-Increased the cost of torpedoes to the needed level, so that the combat value of torpedoes is reflected in the design more accurately and to prevent players abusing them, spamming the battle with inexpensive ships mounted with 24-inch torpedoes.
- Adjusted the gun accuracy. It could become too low depending on weather and also players could abuse the system by making very small, and narrow ships which were almost impossible to hit before they launched a torpedo attack.

v1.1.0:
- New ship cost/weight system v2.0, addressing various issues which could result in overpowered and exploitable fleets. Previously players could use specific ships which were too strong for their cost. The Battle Cost Limits have been updated accordingly. You will need to redefine your fleets.
- Various gun accuracy balances, addressing also exploitable too strong effect of beam/draught ratio which could make ships almost impossible to spot and hit.
- Fixed a problem with some hulls which could not be hit by torpedoes.
- Fixed Engine vibrations not dissipating when reducing ship speed.
- Some other minor fixes.

v1.1.1:
- Fixed annoying bugs that made the reverse not work correctly. First, we fixed the bug that made ships that executed a reverse to never recover forward acceleration. Secondly, we fixed an issue that exists also in the main game, ships on reverse were previously forced to execute a rotation and mess up the formation (the fix will apply soon on the main game too).
- Optimized acceleration logic and interaction of ships with waves. You should notice an overall more consistent acceleration/deceleration of ships, and there is increase in fps optimization.
- Fine tunings on accuracy, also addressing last cases of exploitation when ships had minimum beam/draught.
- Fixed issue in VP calculation, causing battles to often end up in Draw.
- Other minor fixes.

v1.1.2:
- Fixed remaining issue in Battle result calculations causing battles to end frequently with "Draw" not providing a winner. This is an important fix.
- Gun accuracy slight adjustments (aiming sensitivity, effect of speed and turning etc.) to balance the accuracy better according to distance for all tech eras.
- Minor bug fixes.

v1.1.3:
- Shell dispersion logic improvement.
- Gun accuracy fine tuning, addressing cases where it could be too low.
- Fixed bugs of auto-design which made it stall and be inefficient.
- Fixed minor UI bug that made toggling enemy UI icons impossible during battle.
- Other minor fixes.

v1.1.4
- Increased cost of armor, torpedoes and engines, to reflect more accurately the power of ships. You will have to update your fleets accordingly to the limits.
- Improvement on the hull design mechanics making the adjustment of displacement affecting the hull stats directly. For example, you will reduce the displacement of the ship and parts will play a bigger role in affecting the ship's targeting signature. Maneuverability of the ship and its hull structure strength will be also affected dramatically according to minimum/maximum tonnage settings.  The ship damage model has been updated accordingly.
- Improved AI division logic for screen/scout commands.
- Adjusted further the accuracy of guns to be balanced with the new hull mechanics mentioned.
- Fixed some bugs.

v1.1.5:
- Optimizations in shell dispersion logic, fixing cases where no firing solution could be found or shells were fired too wide.
- Optimizations in ship maneuverability logic. Ships should be overall more responsive and swifter in their tactical maneuvers.
- Optimizations in the damage model, affecting overall how ships get penetrated and how much damage they receive according to the multiple factors.
- Bug fixes of auto-design, addressing cases where the auto-design process would freeze or be inefficient.
- Other minor fixes.

v1.1.6:
- Further Optimizations in shell dispersion logic.
- Further Optimizations in ship maneuverability logic.
- Further Optimizations in the ship damage model.
- Fixed minor issue of auto-design, accepting rarely ships with empty barbettes.
- Rudder options became more distinctive in their effects.
- Penetration data of selected ship now shows coloring of sections as it does in the main game.
- Improvement in the lighting and reflections of the various weather environments (Not final - some minor visual issues exist that will be resolved shortly).
- Other minor fixes.

v1.1.7
- Optimizations in weather visualization and lighting of the environments.
- Auto-Design optimizations.
================

• Like 3

the multiplayer is fun, but there are a number things that could use some fixing:

• the ship balance between multiplayer and singleplayer is completely different. it would be nice to have them be the same by the time the 1.6 update is out. once this is once, it could become possible for shared designs to be ported between singleplayer and multiplayer. 
  • point ranking seem to swing wildly between matches. I got 650 points one match and lost 1000 points in another. 
  • HE  and fires are way too strong. this can also be said about 1.6 singleplayer as well. 
  • battle sizes are a bit small for my liking, notably the budget constraint.
  • torps are too strong. it is too easy to do a ton of damage with torps, and with the currently broken movement it is difficult to effectively dodge them. 
  • speaking of broken movement, ships can't accelerate whatsoever. a ship designed for 28 knots will start at 24 knots, and spend most of the battle at 17 knots. 
  • fuel is expended way too quickly. I have seen ships with mid to long range run out of fuel only 10 minutes into a battle. 

overall, I think it is fun, but it does need a lot of work to be worth 15 bucks. 

• Like 2

I have been using mainly 1924 tech dreadnough era.

• I had the queue kick me out a couple of times, I have no idea why, and it seemed random.
  • Destroyers, especially small ones, seem too hard to hit with anything, including small rapid-firing secondary guns at close range. 
  • Torpedos are too easy to spam and seem to do too much damage.
  • I found that with advanced tech for the era I was limited by budget, not displacement.
  • Fires seem way too easy to cause.
  • Movement seems broken as my ship was stuck in reverse after engaging it.
  • Like the idea of a fuel mechanic dependent on how much fuel your ships have in their design. It seemed that my ships would run out of fuel despite having more than the minimum.
  • Generally, guns are less accurate than single-player.
  • Builder seems to have obvious bugs and would ruin whole ship builds for me because it wouldn't let me edit it if it was overweight.

I see great potential for multiplayer with campaign. 

v1.0.1 Version is uploaded to server
- Fixed various minor issues/bugs.
- Fine tuned initial fuel for battles.
- Fine tuned accuracy, which could be too low at close distance making fast moving small ships very hard to hit.

v1.0.2 Version is uploaded to server
- Fixed some critical issues which created inconsistencies when surrendering in a battle or trying to reconnect after a disconnection.
- Fixed bug causing smoke screen to reset for a detached ship of the division.
- Fine tuned accuracy further.
- Increased slightly the cost limits for modern battles.

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Multiplayer Feedback<<<(v1.0.2)

Hey guys!  Long-time player of the regular game and trying out multiplayer for the first time.  Two questions:

1.  How do I open/join the in-game chat I see popping up on the screen periodically?

2.  I can't design ships past the year 1905.  Is this a progression thing or do I need to try reinstalling?

13 hours ago, Mr_Miggs163 said:

Hey guys!  Long-time player of the regular game and trying out multiplayer for the first time.  Two questions:

1.  How do I open/join the in-game chat I see popping up on the screen periodically?

2.  I can't design ships past the year 1905.  Is this a progression thing or do I need to try reinstalling?

1. press enter to open chat

2. image.thumb.jpeg.2c3afdede6a2886fbee7e0450182924e.jpeg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mr_Miggs163 said:

Hello, as Phoenix wrote use Enter key to chat.

Also in his image you see how you can choose tech year in constructor.

• Like 1

Been really digging the MP so far! Have noticed that torps do not correctly aim if the enemy ship is going in reverse. The seem to aim where the ship would be going if it was moving forward at the same speed (ie if enemy is going backwards at 5knts the torps aim as if it was going forward at 5knts)

Will post a screenshot when I see it happen next.

Great stuff so far!

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Multiplayer Feedback<<<(v1.0.3)

v1.0.3 will be available shortly, after server maintenance. Here is what it will include:
- Matchmaking system logic improved further so that there are no unnecessary delays when players are matched and wait for combat.
- Gun accuracy / aiming adjustments so that they are better balanced and does not allow very fast and small vessels to become overpowered.
- Smoke screen duration decreased -50 %.
- Fire damage to crew and Fire spread balanced to be more depended on ship structure.
- Auto-Design further optimizations.
- Battle UI improvement. The name of player is not shown above each ship and the intensity of the UI can be configured in General Settings.

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Multiplayer Feedback<<<(v1.0.4)

v1.0.4 will be applied shortly:
- Added Leaderboard. You can now see the top 50 players by pressing the "Leaderboard" button in port.
- Added weather settings for combat. By default, weather is random, but you can now change the setting via the respective button in the pre-battle window. If only one player chooses a weather condition or both agree in the same setting,  it always applies. Else. weather will be applied randomly between the choices of players. With this new setting, friends can arrange the weather they want for their battle or players can try to enforce a weather condition for their meeting engagement, according to the ships they use in their fleet.
- Fixed draft of ships which could result in some ships, in certain conditions, to be too low in the waterline.
- Fixed fire instances not cleaning up, creating large lag, especially at the end of battle, when too many ships had never-ending fires.
- Fixed some minor bugs, that were reported.
- Fixed fonts for Japanese/Korean languages.

• Like 1

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Multiplayer Feedback<<<(v1.0.5)

v1.0.5
- Fixed temporary problem with fonts overlapping in many UI places.
- Fixed a minor gun barrel issue for Japanese 7-inch, 8-inch guns (Only one barrel was elongated when increasing length).
- Fixed an issue of win condition when evaluating combat result after combat expired.
- Fixed bug of rudder cancelling the auto-adjusting of ship turning, when exiting the battle borders.
- Various minor improvements in UI.
- Improved lighting of combat environments and of the port.
- Various small bug fixes.

• Like 1

v1.0.6 will be available shortly:
- Fixed bug in battle borders which made ships to not be able to enter back into combat.
- Fixed bug in weather not applying storm conditions consistently (visuals and UI were showing clear weather condition, but everything else applied as if there was a heavy storm, ships having low accuracy, visibility and low speed)
- Elo progression fine tuned.
- A few other small fixes.

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Multiplayer Feedback<<<(v1.0.6 will be available shortly)
  • Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Multiplayer Feedback<<<(v1.0.7 will be available shortly)

v1.0.7 will be available shortly:
- Balanced out the gun erosion effect so that very long barrels not receive too high accuracy, to exploitable levels.
- Adjustments in gun recoil, instability caused by damage, and other factors affecting accuracy of weapons.
- Fire rate difference between short and long barreled guns became more distinct.
- Fixed issues in rating calculations and normalized the results so that there is not so much point difference according to players' rank.
- Improved auto-design to prefer using guns of larger caliber length.
- Several fixes improving game's network stability.

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Multiplayer Feedback<<<(v1.0.7 Hotfixes have been applied)
  • Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Multiplayer Feedback<<<(v1.0.8)

v1.0.8
- Balanced the cost of torpedoes/torpedo propulsion. Electric torpedoes now are lighter but more expensive. The oxygen torpedoes are much more expensive. Speed of torpedoes according to propulsion has been re-adjusted. Previously the cost of torpedoes was too low and many players abused this by making many inexpensive Destroyers with 24-inch oxygen torpedoes. At least now their total cost should be more restrictive.
- Fine tuned fire damage to crew. Crew damage and fire spreading will increase significantly only when the ship's structure integrity is reduced a lot.
- Fix for 7-inch guns which had lower damage than they should.
- Increased slightly the cost limits for Modern and Dreadnought battles.
- Improved the ship's draft so that ships sail on average higher on the water.

• Like 1

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Multiplayer Feedback<<<(v1.0.9)

v1.0.9:
-Increased the cost of torpedoes to the needed level, so that the combat value of torpedoes is reflected in the design more accurately and to prevent players abusing them, spamming the battle with inexpensive ships mounted with 24-inch torpedoes.
- Adjusted the gun accuracy. It could become too low depending on weather and also players could abuse the system by making very small, and narrow ships which were almost impossible to hit before they launched a torpedo attack.

• Like 1

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Multiplayer Feedback<<<(v1.1.0)

v1.1.0:
- New ship cost/weight system v2.0, addressing various issues which could result in overpowered and exploitable fleets. Previously players could use specific ships which were too strong for their cost. The Battle Cost Limits have been updated accordingly. You will need to redefine your fleets.
- Various gun accuracy balances, addressing also exploitable too strong effect of beam/draught ratio which could make ships almost impossible to spot and hit.
- Fixed a problem with some hulls which could not be hit by torpedoes.
- Fixed Engine vibrations not dissipating when reducing ship speed.
- Some other minor fixes.

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Multiplayer Feedback<<<(v1.1.1)

v1.1.1:
- Fixed annoying bugs that made the reverse not work correctly. First, we fixed the bug that made ships that executed a reverse to never recover forward acceleration. Secondly, we fixed an issue that exists also in the main game, ships on reverse were previously forced to execute a rotation and mess up the formation (the fix will apply soon on the main game too).
- Optimized acceleration logic and interaction of ships with waves. You should notice an overall more consistent acceleration/deceleration of ships, and there is increase in fps optimization.
- Fine tunings on accuracy, also addressing last cases of exploitation when ships had minimum beam/draught.
- Fixed issue in VP calculation, causing battles to often end up in Draw.
- Other minor fixes.

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Multiplayer Feedback<<<(v1.1.2)

v1.1.2:
- Fixed remaining issue in Battle result calculations causing battles to end frequently with "Draw" not providing a winner. This is an important fix.
- Gun accuracy slight adjustments (aiming sensitivity, effect of speed and turning etc.) to balance the accuracy better according to distance for all tech eras.
- Minor bug fixes.

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Multiplayer Feedback<<<(v1.1.3)

v1.1.3:
- Shell dispersion logic improvement.
- Gun accuracy fine tuning, addressing cases where it could be too low.
- Fixed bugs of auto-design which made it stall and be inefficient.
- Fixed minor UI bug that made toggling enemy UI icons impossible during battle.
- Other minor fixes.

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Multiplayer Feedback<<<(v1.1.4)

v1.1.4
- Increased cost of armor, torpedoes and engines, to reflect more accurately the power of ships. You will have to update your fleets accordingly to the limits.
- Improvement on the hull design mechanics making the adjustment of displacement affecting the hull stats directly. For example, you will reduce the displacement of the ship and parts will play a bigger role in affecting the ship's targeting signature. Maneuverability of the ship and its hull structure strength will be also affected dramatically according to minimum/maximum tonnage settings.  The ship damage model has been updated accordingly.
- Improved AI division logic for screen/scout commands.
- Adjusted further the accuracy of guns to be balanced with the new hull mechanics mentioned.
- Fixed some bugs.