Game-Labs Forum

List of ships and plans presented so far.

Ned Loe

I'd like to see some more Swedish and Dutch ships. Two favorites from Sweden include Kronan II or Rikskronan and Konung Karl. Both of which are potential first rates. The Dutch one I had in mind seem to be in the list though as De Zeven Provinciën. But Gouden Leeuw is missing it looks like. The Dutch had really different and unique looking ships from the other Brits and French.

• Like 2

Batavia is out of timeline 

What is then the timeline, i know it ends around 1820 because of the steampower and steel hulls. but when does it begins because we dutch have a lot of ships that are used for a long time. Like the dutch Fluyt design for example.

Can I just inquire why the ships submitted on the Italian thread don't appear on this list? do we need to gather more information ect? I am really surprised to not see a few, especially La Muiron appear on this list. which has now had its own thread dedicated to itself

Can I just inquire why the ships submitted on the Italian thread don't appear on this list? do we need to gather more information ect? I am really surprised to not see a few, especially La Muiron appear on this list. which has now had its own thread dedicated to itself

That thread hasn't been updated since mid-2015 (see OP) and isn't used as a repository thread anymore.

Oh btw Le Muiron is French (just kidding) .

That thread hasn't been updated since mid-2015 (see OP) and isn't used as a repository thread anymore.

Oh btw Le Muiron is French (just kidding) .

I have started to update slowly. I was little busy with Finals. 

I keep forgetting it's no longer 2015 time is starting to go by too quickly :D

If saying she's french too gets her a better chance in appearing then I am all for it but we all know at heart napoleon was saved by a venetian ship ;)

Also just as a little add on I hope your finals are going well for you wind :)

Edited by Fluffy Fishy

I keep forgetting it's no longer 2015 time is starting to go by too quickly :D

If saying she's french too gets her a better chance in appearing then I am all for it but we all know at heart napoleon was saved by a venetian ship ;)

Also just as a little add on I hope your finals are going well for you wind :)

They were Walk in the Park for me.  B) Thanks. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

wouldnt count on anything pre-1700 to get ingame.

Apparently this is quite an old thread and no longer actively used. But I still must say that after a almost 2 years, I find it quite sad to see in-game nations without any ships of their own and yet a huge overload of British ships. This game would do much better with a wider verity of ships. And I think each in-game nation should absolutely have its historically most famous flag ships. I believe this could be obtained in at least one of two ways:

1. Simply allowing older famous ships the in-game armament of the class it was intended for irl (primarily based on gun count, but not completely)

or a slightly cooler game system

2. Considering Capitals will now be capturable and the game actually having a "Win" objective that will require regular map resets, the devs should make each reset progress in different eras, changing the age of ships. Say each era is the equivalent of the average service years of these prime flagships: about 50 years?.

A. The games starts at say mid 1500s. All ships available are from 1550-1600.

B. Once this age is won by a nation capturing more nations than others, the map resets to 1600-1650, and the available ships are now from this era.

C. It continues until 1800 (or there about)

C.Once the game has run its full cycle, it then resets back to the beginning mid 1500s era.

All I can say is that this game seriously hinders the fun factor for people of the nations in game by not providing them with their most famous of ships...imho. We simply need a larger variety of national ships. It's just getting rather lame where nearly every PvP and PB battle is loaded with Brit ships vs US ships all the time.

Please and thank you.

Apparently this is quite an old thread and no longer actively used. But I still must say that after a almost 2 years, I find it quite sad to see in-game nations without any ships of their own and yet a huge overload of British ships. This game would do much better with a wider verity of ships. And I think each in-game nation should absolutely have its historically most famous flag ships. I believe this could be obtained in at least one of two ways:

1. Simply allowing older famous ships the in-game armament of the class it was intended for irl (primarily based on gun count, but not completely)

or a slightly cooler game system

2. Considering Capitals will now be capturable and the game actually having a "Win" objective that will require regular map resets, the devs should make each reset progress in different eras, changing the age of ships. Say each era is the equivalent of the average service years of these prime flagships: about 50 years?.

A. The games starts at say mid 1500s. All ships available are from 1550-1600.

B. Once this age is won by a nation capturing more nations than others, the map resets to 1600-1650, and the available ships are now from this era.

C. It continues until 1800 (or there about)

C.Once the game has run its full cycle, it then resets back to the beginning mid 1500s era.

All I can say is that this game seriously hinders the fun factor for people of the nations in game by not providing them with their most famous of ships...imho. We simply need a larger variety of national ships. It's just getting rather lame where nearly every PvP and PB battle is loaded with Brit ships vs US ships all the time.

Please and thank you.

The system you are proposing has a lot of similairitys with the game railnation. The problems i see with this setup will be that till 1625 more or less most the warships were converted merchants and i believe that some nations did not had any broadside warships. But correct me if i am wrong. And the map would be horrible inbalanced because first the US did not even exist, the english were becoming active around ,naval wise, 1620 and a few other arguments. Nice idea but won't work with this game
  • Like 1

As pietje said, dont think it would work in game for a few more reasons:

1. it would mean asset wipes are needed... some people(me included) would despair at having map resets that often

2. It would be a lot of work for the developers(take a look at how long ships take to implement right now... and now imagine you need at the very least 20 ships for every 50 years...)

3. the problem of nations as pietje said(though some artistic licensing could probably be done here though i wouldnt agree with it)

• Like 1

A long time ago i wrote a post in which i stipulated that the only viable implementation of an alternative time period would be on a different server.

On that server you can adjust the names of certain towns, default ownership, and add or remove certain towns to match the time frame.

On this seperate server you would have ships from 1600-1700, effectively granting access to the galleons & fluits many adore. Whilst also including proper firepower.

If ever, a full-on community ship design spree could make this possible.

Just on a side note, blackthorne, dont underestimate the firepower ships of the 17th century carried.

A nice reference would the 7 prov (1665) for the dutch, 80-guns, 36' on her main deck, 18' on her upper, and 6/9's on the fore castle and quarterdeck.

Or any of the English first rates of the era, all armed with (some partially 32's) 42's on their main.

• Like 2

The system you are proposing has a lot of similairitys with the game railnation. The problems i see with this setup will be that till 1625 more or less most the warships were converted merchants and i believe that some nations did not had any broadside warships. But correct me if i am wrong. And the map would be horrible inbalanced because first the US did not even exist, the english were becoming active around ,naval wise, 1620 and a few other arguments. Nice idea but won't work with this game

As pietje said, dont think it would work in game for a few more reasons:

1. it would mean asset wipes are needed... some people(me included) would despair at having map resets that often

2. It would be a lot of work for the developers(take a look at how long ships take to implement right now... and now imagine you need at the very least 20 ships for every 50 years...)

3. the problem of nations as pietje said(though some artistic licensing could probably be done here though i wouldnt agree with it)

I certainly understand the points made, but below is a neat idea with a different server where players choose to either play different eras, or...

A long time ago i wrote a post in which i stipulated that the only viable implementation of an alternative time period would be on a different server.

On that server you can adjust the names of certain towns, default ownership, and add or remove certain towns to match the time frame.

On this seperate server you would have ships from 1600-1700, effectively granting access to the galleons & fluits many adore. Whilst also including proper firepower.

If ever, a full-on community ship design spree could make this possible.

Just on a side note, blackthorne, dont underestimate the firepower ships of the 17th century carried.

A nice reference would the 7 prov (1665) for the dutch, 80-guns, 36' on her main deck, 18' on her upper, and 6/9's on the fore castle and quarterdeck. (precisely the ship I seriously want to see in game, along with the Swedish Vasa) :)

Or any of the English first rates of the era, all armed with (some partially 32's) 42's on their main.

Separate server is a good idea, or

What if (being an OW sandbox) the server just continually ran from 1600? thru 1800 at in-game speed with scheduled world events that would auto load and then the server would reset only after "win conditions" were met after 1800, just as it will now with this new update coming out?

The event list would include real historical events that lead to the new map coming out, i.e. certain trade routes opening, ship modifications (merchant ships to warships), complete new ship designs of the era, famous naval battles, rebellions, even revolutions that lead to new nations (if enough people choose to join the revolution side).

Players would spend the first era mostly trading, gathering resources for the next era, or privateering, even pirating, mostly sailing the big trade ships and treasure galleons with cannon mods of the era in an effort to build their nation up for warring with other nations.

Then one of the above listed world events would happen that changes the era allowing for upgraded warships...each major event auto loading once in-game time has been reached...and so on.

As much as I love this game, I'm just disappointed with the limited national ships, and frustrated that even more British ships keep being added to the game when the Dutch, Danish, and Swedish nations have no ships represented in game, even tho they had some amazing vessels during this game's time frame. Maybe I will have to wait for NA2 :/ heh

• 1 year later...

USS North Carolina, American 94 Gun Ship of the Line, 1820 Launch, 1824 Commission

5a27ca5f80ddc_USSNorthCarolina.thumb.png.3fd7eeb2943ac104d51fc07e9573ce5f.png

Image result

The USS North Carolina was an American, 94 Gun, Ship of the Line which was launched on September 17, 1820, and officially deployed on June 24, 1824. The North Carolina would serve as one of the toughest ships in the American Navy. It would fit the position of one of the first American Ship of the Line, and would categorize it between the Victory and Santisima, and with only a slight advantage over the L'Ocean. 

Armament: 

Lower Gun Deck: 34 x 42lb Guns

Upper Gun Deck: 36 x 32lb Guns

Spardeck: 24 x 42lb Carronades

Total Broadside Poundage: 1434lbs with Cannons Only(12lb Guns substituted for replacement of Carronades)/1794lbs with 24 x 42lb Carronades.

The guns used are in accordance with an 1825 Armament Record, Link here: http://3decks.pbworks.com/w/page/916135/USS North Carolina (1820)

Crew Count: 820 - 1000+

Other helpful links with regards to this ship: http://www.battleshipnc.com/about-the-ship/history/ship-stats/

Please contact me if any more information is required for the addition of this ship to Naval Action. Thank you for your time. 

Edited by President John Henry Eden
Crew
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2019 at 11:36 PM, Portuguese Privateer said:

I would definetly like to see some Portuguese frigates, SOLs and Galleons in the game, and some of the Spanish ones aswell.

Are you really in Rio?  If so, can you see if the Naval Museum there has any plans that are available to the public?

6 hours ago, Haratik said:

Are you really in Rio?  If so, can you see if the Naval Museum there has any plans that are available to the public?

i'll check it If I ever get the chance to visit the city, I live in the state of Rio, not in the city tho.

Edited by Portuguese Privateer

10 hours ago, Portuguese Privateer said:

i'll check it If I ever get the chance to visit the city, I live in the state of Rio, not in the city tho.

Still, the museum is one of the places we don't have a source from, and seeing as how some of the Portuguese ships transferred to Brazil after its independence, it would be a logical source of plans aside from Lisbon (another place we lack plans from).