Game-Labs Forum

Shadowplay not working

IIN8II

When I first ran Naval Action my Nvidia shadowplay worked just fine. I had switched the game into windows mode for a while (Shadowplay does not work in windowed). However, now that I have switched back to full shadowplay no longer recognized NA. I have done a lot of research on the Nvidia side and I am thinking that for some reason my computer/GPU still thinks NA is in windowed mode. Is there anyway to reset my game config? I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Shadowplay and NA several times.

Cheers.

IIN8II

• Like 1

I was using shadowplay for a time, but 2 nvidia patches ago it stopped working for me.

Glad I am not the only one. Perhaps I can try to roll back a few patches and see if it comes back.

Shadowplay has an option to record desktop (I think).  Enable that and it should work.

I may have to do this. Although it only works with a certain windows them which I do not have.

yes i literally just finished uploading video to youtube that i recorded using shadowplay today. fresh install of Geforce experience this morning

Hmmm interesting. I guess I will have to try reinstalling, again..... lol

Hmmm interesting. I guess I will have to try reinstalling, again..... lol

yeah i literally have to uninstall and re-install GeForce Experience anytime it has an update. for some reason it has never been able to auto update, it just gets stuck downloading or installing.

• Like 1

yeah i literally have to uninstall and re-install GeForce Experience anytime it has an update. for some reason it has never been able to auto update, it just gets stuck downloading or installing.

just reinstalled. Shadowplay works for everything but NA still.

I use the desktop capture mode IIN8II.  I haven't tried full screen lately, but NA used to not work with alt tabbing if in full screen.  Looks like I'll have to uninstall and reinstall geforce experience and see if that fixes it.

Had the same problem.

You do need to enable Desktop capture since shadowplay doesnt recognise NA as a full screen program.

After you enable Desktop capture the videos will be created in the folder you have specified and the "desktop" subfolder (will be crated automaticly).

Only drawback is if you minimize the NA screen the video will capture your desktop not the game.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello guys, I too tried to record NA with shadowplay but without any luck :(

I asked during a match and someone told me to activate windowed mode in the game launcher, I did, Shadowplay worked but the game window is kind of bad, the lower bar and all overlap, I'd rather play full screen.

Then i saw this thread, I went to look for the "desktop mode" in my shadowplay but there is no such icon to tick there. I reinstalled shadowplay but it's still missing.

I run on a laptop with a gtx 870m if it can help.

Thanks,

JRT

I asked during a match and someone told me to activate windowed mode in the game launcher, I did, Shadowplay worked but the game window is kind of bad, the lower bar and all overlap, I'd rather play full screen.

after you start the game in windowed mode, press alt+enter

If you are looking to just record you can us OBS now as well. Does very good and seems to me at least to be very "light weight" on the resource usage. Granted that doesn't help you fix shadow play which I loved when it worked, but it's a good stop gap.

hey mate you need to set shadow play to desktop recording in the settings. As this is an alpha shadowplay does not pick it up. Once you have set to desktop record in the settings your good to go!