Game-Labs Forum

User Interface Ideas (Updated 3.20.15)

I'd like the chat window settings to be saved when I exit a battle, so that the next battle entered, the chat window is in the same location and is the same size.  Unless you had it closed, in which case the battle opens with chat closed, just like it does now under all conditions.

i'd like to see chat window integrated with the rest of the UI.. as im most of the time fighting to find a good possition for it, where it doesnt obscure anything important..

I agree with you Peter, large ships and frigs would be at anchor in harbor, that's actually a Gross Ventre in port. Just threw together a screen with the current UI on top because it fit well. Trade ships would get close when possible so thought it would make more sense for the shot. Plus it was fun parking it ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I see you did a great job up here ;)

I'm not good at photoshop... so I'll write it

I would like backscreens for every part of the port

• as proposed earlier, in the home part we should be able to see other ships parked and ships sailing around the harbour

• in the equipment part let's say we have a view of a dry dock or the admiralty stocks with cannons pack of sails cordages

• in the missions part we could have a view of the admiralty Office (with different styles for different nations)

• in the shop part we shall see a long street with different stocks piled and going all over the street

• in th fleet part it could be a tavern

• in the ship shop, my idea would be to have either some other part of admiralty office as historically boats were assigned by admiralty, or a kind of shipyard office at least for the pirates (as in the serie sea dogs/pirate of the careabeens ...)

• in the craft part we should have the shipyard itself

• and in the conquest part we should have something like a royal court as it was decided in high places or a kind of big meeting room with a big table with an enormous globe of the earth with little flags :D

so here are my ideas hope you'll enjoy it and as much animated as possible!

Thanks for the readig

Edited by Galaksee
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All I'd need is the Menu List across the top to lead to a new background image related to itself. And add to the menu list Diplomacy, where my Diplomatic Relation ideas would be located. However, ideally it would be great to have a 3rd person view character we control walking around to these different places, much like the new game Mount & Blade 2 has when entering into cities and walking around.

• 1 month later...

Nice work Grizwald; but as per Peter Fouche's corrections, would a view of the harbor (possibly live) from one of the buildings or the dock, even the beach be possible? Maybe show a launch, or anchor that seabitch out a ways...

It'd be best, of course, if these were specific to the port and not just one static image, too. Not sure if that was intended, I'm sure it goes without saying anyways.

Edited by NiceFella
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Perspective!

In some of ther former comments, it was mentioned that a perspective where you can more intuitivley see right and left, or starbord and larboard side battieries might be preferable.

I totally agree, it is much easier to quickly consider in battle which side is ready or almost if you have it "right" in front of you instead of 90 degrees turned!

However, as some may want to e.g. "switch off" carronades when firing long distance, I think it would be even better, if the decks where also clearly determined.

So I have made some example, how I would like the guns to be shown in the future UI and hope you guys like it too.

-- In case it is too comlicated to make different graphics for 4-5 classes, you could too, take the same for all vessels (the one for 1st rate) and just leave out the guns the actual vessel does not have!

post-22369-0-93363000-1471263500_thumb.jpg

Edited by McHackou

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm a bit fan of minimalistic UI sot he less the better and what is there should provide max info it can.

The customisation one with the compass/HP in the middle sounds good, somewhat EVE Online like.

However, the compass is missing numbered figures, these are often very often used in battle to issue orders to the fleet for headings.