Game-Labs Forum

What kind of PC do you have?

BogdanM

https://www.cybertronpc.com/customkititems.asp?kc=gm1293c&group=home&cat=gamers&cc=

Both me and my father want to move from console( no rock throwing please) to PC. He brought this game to my attention and we both need a new PC to run it as we would like to play the game together.

Problem is neither of us know anything about gaming PC's and are on a limited budget. Although I'm aware the final specs/requirements are not released, should the PC I linked to be able to run this game?

the grafics card will kill it for you.

You 100% need a dedicated GPU (Grafics Prozessing Unit) to run the game at non-stuttering FPS.

But I already replied to you here

Video card: Game requires a video card with full DX11 and Shader Model 5 support with at least 1GB of video memory.
nVidia gtx 460 and higher or AMD Radeon HD 6450 and higher are required.
nVidia gtx 660 and higher or AMD Radeon R9 270 and higher are recommended.

That qote is oficcial.

That means you must calculate another 80-100 bucks into your build.

And do not buy a dualcore CPU these days if you plan on gaming.(

)

Theres also some stuff you better inform on bevore buying a computer.

When using 8GB of RAM make sure you use two 4GB DIMMS in dual channel wich doubles the speed you get from the 8BG used. (I guess the installation all is done by the retailer)

Do you need Windows? If yes you are down to 400$. If no you can happily shop for 500..

But everyone looking for a deal for you (Like I do atm) needs the info. Its quite a difference in pice.

With that option here:

Radeon HD7970 3GD5 X16 2DVI HDMI 2MDSP [Add $462.00]

I would suggest you better look out for another shop. Seriously THAT card is worth at most 200 bucks. Its an old card wich doesnt even get sold anymore..

And the R7 250 OC is sold for 85€ or 90$.. that webpage sells it for 113$.

I can oly advice you to look out for a better shop. Those prices are obscene!

• Like 1

WOW dude why didnt you tell us this great news bevore?

1000€ and your going to have a gaming rig wich lasts you for a few years and longer.

But if you spend that money you should go with intel CPUs. Most games run perfectly fine on 4 cores but like to have more power per core. And intel is ahead of AMD in that regard. Also if your not doing extreme rendering processes on your computer you will be fine with 8gB RAM. Mine is never under full load. Maybe at some point it gets up to 6gB used, wich is not slowing the computer down at all (that happens when your at 90%+ load)

With the money you have I would recommend you either of these two:

-> machine with an i5 +gtx 960

-> computer with i7 +960

imo the i7 is totally worth the 100$. Its not a ripoff CPU its actually a very good one. Wich you could overclock if you wanted to.

I dont know about bestbuy. But if you can get your hands on this computer you should definately do so.

Thats an i7 with 16 gigs of ram. 1TB HDD and a seperate 120bG SSD wich will boost your desktop performance incredibly.

SSDs.. once you got used to them youll never want anything else

• 2 weeks later...

My ancient machine

CPU Core i7 965 @3.2GHz

Asus PT6se MoBo - on it's last legs and will have to be replaced very soon.

12GB RAM Corsair Harr harrr

2x 1TB WD HDD

NVidia GTX760

It was built to be quiet about 6 years ago, it is still handling games ok but with the raid failing on the mobo it is about time for it to be retired.

Imac - dualbooted with windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

i5-2400s 4 core 2.5ghz

AMD HD Radeon 6750M 512mb 700mhz clock. 

4GB Ram

Fps on low = 40fps

Fps on medium = 18fps

it's not great, but all this poor student can afford ;)

Couple of years old, but still going strong, especially since a recent GFX upgrade:

AMD FX-8 8120 @ 3.8gHZ
16GB Corsair Ram @ 1666mHZ
MSI "G1" GTX 960 OC 4GB
2x 2TB WD Caviar Black 32's

Couldn't tell you the FPS offhand as I'm in work, but I play on Ultra and it plays smoothly enough that I've not noticed any issues.

My machine currently:

Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4Ghz on a ASUS z97-A with 8GB DDR3 1866Mhz

GPU is a GTX570 (due an upgrade quite soon)

2 x Sandisk 256 GB SSD (dual boot for 'work' and 'fun')

Windows 7 64bit Ultimate

Built to be quick but quiet (a bit like me really :))

• 4 months later...

Picked up R9 390x 8GB video card today for $380. Old card was R9 280x. 45-55 fps on ultra (no AA). Anyone need R9 280x 3GB card PM me. $160 

Asus_R9390-DC2-8GD5.jpg

PC Specs:

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 6-Core 4.0GHz

16 GB Ram DDR3 1800

ASUS R9 390x 8GB

• 4 months later...

i5 6600k Skylake

ASRock Z170 Pro4S

XFX R9 390

2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200 DDR4

Samsung Pro950 SSD

With every setting set to the highest, I'm getting about 30-35 FPS at 1920x1080. Lowering shadows a little, taking AA down to x2 and water down one I'm getting about 50-53 FPS.

Really debating on overclocking a tad. Currently running everything on standard clock speeds since I just recently got it all. I gotta say this game is really pretty, excited to see what the future holds for it.

Intel I7-5820K

32GB RAM

MSI GTX 980Ti Dual SLI

Game seems to work better only using 1 GPU rather than both  with SLI. Think some other people have had this problem as well. I run at about 190fps on 1 GPU but with 2 I drop to 73fps.

Edited by ashley

CPU: i5-4690k 4,4 GHz OC
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming 1,55 GHz Core 8,2 GHz Memory OC
MOB: Gigabyte z97x Gaming 5
RAM: 8 GB 2400 MHz
SSD: Samsung EVO 850

Locked at 60 fps
Everything maxed out
You won't get better performance per dollar than this build
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/10889274

post-16150-0-21372400-1454453641_thumb.jpg

Edited by Count Maurice Benyovszky