Game-Labs Forum

What kind of PC do you have?

BogdanM

You should get a new gpu at first ,your cpu is pretty good.

To my rig:

i7 4770k

GTX 680 4gb

Samsung evo 840 500gb

8gb of crucial ballistix ram

I am playing with 70fps on ultra when AA and vsync turned off - cause as far as i can see the effects aren t implemented yet.

CPU:        AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

GPU:        MSI GeForce GTX 970
Memory:   Corsair Vengeance 8 GB

Windows 7 Home Premium

At maximum settings I get solid 60 fps in normal battles and around 40 to 30 fps in battles with 20+ ships  :D.

AMD Bulldozer FX-8120 8-core

Nvidia GeForce GTX-550 Ti

8Gb Corsair RAM

Windows 7 Ultimate...

I'm thinking abou upgrading my gear, any tips on where to begin?

Upgrade your graphics card... everything else should be fine.

• Like 1

Yes.... I'm researching about buying a nes Nvidia, around the 800 series, and using it together with my 550 Ti... 

if you need my help you can PM me, also NVidea has no 800 series for desktop parts and you cant put the 550 Ti in sli with anything but a 550 TI(just so you know)

This is a useful thread... My mainboard has barnacles and seaweed slowing it down, and I can't find the right Windows 7 64lb driver for my new carronades. I'll have to careen the case and downgrade to 32 pounders. That bluetoothed master gunner is no good either, and should be replaced.

The bow chasers are on a Universal Swivel Base, so that's at least good.

The RAM on the bowsprit is rather small, and I think the stern Windows weren't installed correctly. The holystone deck drive (HDD) is large, about the size of ten of the captains' gigs, and contributes to the ship's hogging.

I think a torredo worm has gotten to the coppering... oh dear.

Am saving up for an Armada Micro Destroyer shipset.....

• Like 1

Intel i5 3450 @ 3.10 GHz

RAM 12 Gb  DDR3 1333 Hz Kingston

GPU GT 630 with 2Gb DDR3.

I am fine with the processor and the RAM, but the GT 630 is underperfomer, and i noticed it in many games. I can play with custom settings at 20~25 fps. This setup leads to very curious results, have to put water on low, and 0 antialising . Other things such as anisotropic filtering and texture quality between low and max there isn't fps differences over 2 or 3 at mostly, so i have full anisotropic and medium textures. Lightning on low aswell.

I bought the cheapest parts I could get hold of a few years ago. Still wish I waited and bought a better i7 instead.

Processor: Intel Sandybridge i5-2500K Quad-Core 3.30GHz, 6MB Cache
Motherboard: ASUS 1155 SABERTOOTH P67 REV 3.0 S/L
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz

Graphics Card: GTX 580 DirectCu II (1.56GB)
Memory: WD Caviar Green 2TB SATA 6Gbp/s + Seagate 1TB 6Gb/s

I can play on custom (Highest) When I use ultra preset I get some peformance issues and to be honest it doesn't look any different than the highest custom settings, which is rather curious.
Usually I get 60-90 FPS, but in massive Trafalgar battles I get around 30-45.

I bought the cheapest parts I could get hold of a few years ago. Still wish I waited and bought a better i7 instead.

Processor: Intel Sandybridge i5-2500K Quad-Core 3.30GHz, 6MB Cache

Motherboard: ASUS 1155 SABERTOOTH P67 REV 3.0 S/L

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz

Graphics Card: GTX 580 DirectCu II (1.56GB)

Memory: WD Caviar Green 2TB SATA 6Gbp/s + Seagate 1TB 6Gb/s

I can play on custom (Highest) When I use ultra preset I get some peformance issues and to be honest it doesn't look any different than the highest custom settings, which is rather curious.

Usually I get 60-90 FPS, but in massive Trafalgar battles I get around 30-45.

Honestly, an i7 would not make a difference in anything but things like video rendering, photoshop, 3d modeling, streaming and other more professional and demanding tasks, gaming wouldnt make a single differance, if you want more performance overclock your cpu as you can do that

Honestly, an i7 would not make a difference in anything but things like video rendering, photoshop, 3d modeling, streaming and other more professional and demanding tasks, gaming wouldnt make a single differance, if you want more performance overclock your cpu as you can do that

Ah, alright man, sweet. I figured the threading and cache was more of a improvement than the i5 (on the day of purchase/research) I thought that was still the case? Saying that, I've kinda been out of the loop for new hardware since!

I've had no problems with it for the 4ish years I've had the i5, and would gladly overclock rather than spend £200 on a new processor that doesn't improve the peformance as much.

Was considering buying a SSD for my OS, but that's the only improvement I can really think of, besides a new GPU at some point in the next 2-3 years.

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Me

Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU         920  @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

Memory: 6144MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series

Display Memory: 4095 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: ViewSonic VX2640w

Monitor Model: VX2640w

Monitor Id: VSC8420

Native Mode: 1920 x 1200(p) (59.950Hz)

Output Type: HDMI

-------------

Sound Devices

-------------

Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Running very smooth at Ultra Settings on my system with following specs:

CPU: i5 2500K @ 4.8Ghz

GPU: AMD r9 290 @ 1150/1350

RAM: 8Gb DDR3

The only thing i notice is, that almost every alpha game is silly optimised (due to their state of developement), so they drain a lot power from your CPU and not GPU.

Upgrading to a newer CPU with a better thread handling etc improves way more than just clock speed.

Cause i got at least two alpha games, where my CPU is on limit and my GPU idles around, resulting in a 200+ framerate and still a laggy or slow gameplay. (a newer CPU like Xeon with 3.4Ghz handles the same situation with a way smoother gameplay)

So if you consider in playing alpha games you may think of getting a newer generation of CPU.

Else every new medicore CPU will do fine and should be enough for every finished game.

Ah, alright man, sweet. I figured the threading and cache was more of a improvement than the i5 (on the day of purchase/research) I thought that was still the case? Saying that, I've kinda been out of the loop for new hardware since!

I've had no problems with it for the 4ish years I've had the i5, and would gladly overclock rather than spend £200 on a new processor that doesn't improve the peformance as much.

Was considering buying a SSD for my OS, but that's the only improvement I can really think of, besides a new GPU at some point in the next 2-3 years.

Thing about the cache is that you dont really notice much of a differance with that, the thing with threads, it is a rare breed to see anything that even uses 4 trheads(most use 2 threads(or cores if you want) today), so you would pay a lot more for no extra performance in gaming.