Game-Labs Forum

What kind of PC do you have?

BogdanM

Please don't stone me for asking the ever annoying question "Can I run it?". So I tried to formulate the question in such a way it benefits more people than just me.

I've just passed my final exam today and I'd really like to get the game but I have an old PC and without an official system requirements list I don't want to take the risk and buy a game I can't play.

So if you want you can post your pc specs and your subjective view on how well the game runs for you. I'm also interested if there is anyone who has a similar pc to mine and how does the game play for them.

My specs are: Core2Duo E6600, 4GB DDR2 and GeForce GT 630.

• Like 4

Hello BogdanM!

If you need help with a system upgrade or a whole new system (recommended due to the old DDR2 Ram) just say so! 

Your GPU does support DirectX 11, but it's a bit on the low end side and Naval Action isn't as optimized as a released game is.

My computer specs are:

I7 920 @ 2.67 Ghz

GTX 650

6GB Ram DDR3

120GB Crucial m500 (Solid State Drive)

1000GB Caviar Green

Windows 8 Pro

It runs Naval Action flawlessly at around medium, high settings.

Also, it's inside a lego case :)

2wdyjo6.jpg

• Like 4

Got very similar rig like PrezesOi

(Soon upgrade memory to 16 GB)

High around 60-70 fps

Ultra 25-30 fps

Playing on high because like smooth play and grafics still looks fine for me:)

Edit: I5 3,2 Ghz

Asus P8Z77 motherboard

16 GB DDR 3 corsair Vengance 1600

R9 290X 4 GB

will test it soon as graphic card arrive! :)

Edit nr. 2

Open world - ultra settings - 65-75 fps

Battle          - ultra settings - 90-110 fps 

God bless Radeon R9 290X !

16 gig of ram will not give you any boost in any game.

my max usage for NavalAction is around 3-3.5 gig of RAM while running firefox and music in the background.

Dont waste your money. 16 gig will not be used by any game on the market.

On the other hand if you are seriously doing work on your computer (rendering, coding etc)  with serious workloads you will benefit on more RAM.

If you want a boost you have to save up for a better gafics card. The CPU will last both of you another few years.

• Like 2

I5 4570 3.2MHz

GF 660ti

8 GB RAM

aaand:

Got very similar rig like PrezesOi

[...]

The CPU is not a problem at all. Even if it is a sandy bridge i5 (the 2xxx series) the processor will handle it all.

GPU is in most cases the best boost to any computer. (exept for really outdated ones)

I only want to mention that more gigs of RAM is not the first thing to upgrade a rig. Its in most cases burnt money!

So inform yourselfs what you need.

Theres nothing worse than money spent on the wrrong thing while your still sitting on the same FPS wondering why.

16 gig of ram will not give you any boost in any game.

my max usage for NavalAction is around 3-3.5 gig of RAM while running firefox and music in the background.

Dont waste your money. 16 gig will not be used by any game on the market.

On the other hand if you are seriously doing work on your computer (rendering, coding etc)  with serious workloads you will benefit on more RAM.

If you want a boost you have to save up for a better gafics card. The CPU will last both of you another few years.

I upgrading not for games mate:) thx anyway for advice:)

that CPU is pretty OC friendly. I am having a good aircooler on top (beQuiet darkRock2)

I am running that 4.4gig with 1.25V. Not the very best overclocker but decent enough for me.

Sidenote: I cannot get past the 4.5 mark. once I go 4.5 I am not stable while testing.

For my own experience I also OC-ed my Ram from 1600 ro 1866 with 9-10-9-27 timings.

My latency came down really hard. (20-30% if i remember right)

Its some kind of hobby I am having for myself.. burning money if it horribly goes wrong (..and no I do not have spare money to sacrifice.. I live on a risk:D)

now back on topic mb? :P

Hello BogdanM!

If you need help with a system upgrade or a whole new system (recommended due to the old DDR2 Ram) just say so! 

Your GPU does support DirectX 11, but it's a bit on the low end side and Naval Action isn't as optimized as a released game is.

My computer specs are:

I7 920 @ 2.67 Ghz

GTX 650

6GB Ram DDR3

1000GB Caviar Green

Windows 8 Pro

2wdyjo6.jpg

Haha, that's a really cool case!

I don't upgrade because I just can't justify spending 1000+ euro on a gaming pc which I use less than 5 hours/day and play video games for a few hours in the weekend. I haven't played any game released this year and most of the games I play are older grand strategy and simulator games.

Naval Action is something right up my alley because I'm a fan of the Age of sails and 18th century Caribbean. But as much as I'd like to play this game, it won't persuade me to spend any more money than the price of the game. 

Anyway, I'm not in such a hurry anymore to get the game since they've announced that people who pre-ordered after the 21th will not get an key the moment they make the purchase. So I'll spend the money on something else and I'll return here for the latest news and updates around Christmas.

Have fun playing the game!

• Like 2

Hello BogdanM!

My computer specs are:

I7 920 @ 2.67 Ghz

GTX 650

6GB Ram DDR3

1000GB Caviar Green

Windows 8 Pro

2wdyjo6.jpg

Love your case :)

My specs:

i5-4690K

8gb RAM

Nvidia GTX 760 2Gb

Win 7 Pro

good old Dell U2311H

Game runs perfectly smooth on high.  Didn't see much difference on Ultra.

CPU: Intel i7 3770 @3.7GHz

Mobo: MSI Gaming Z77-GD65

16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 1600MHz

MSI Gaming Edition nVidia GTX 780

Getting between 65 and 90fps on Ultra depending on the amount of ships and activity.

I've got loads of headroom for animated crews - hint hint. ;)

• Like 1