Game-Labs Forum

I will check out what is happening in the Tribunal from time to time and have noticed a common theme.  If there is no video/screen cap then it is difficult to prove friendly fire or intentional ramming.  I believe a replay feature would help deal with these issues.  Another nice feature of replay is you get to watch yourself in all your glory again and again whether it was a great game or one you don't want to repeat.  Thank you.

Replays would be great! Especially for video making as well, if you have an amazing match you wanna share after the fact.

Plus it would be great for bug reporting, as screenshots often can't do a bug justice. You can't tell the situation in a screenie, or the actions happening up to it, or what happened after.

I expect the devs have surely thought about it, it only makes sense.

Sadly replays are not that easy to implement. I think logs and screens work decently.

Just because it may be difficult doesn't mean it's a bad idea.  Perhaps, it shouldn't be focused on over more important Open World things, but it should still be implemented.

Replays would be awesome.  Also, they can be used for promotion of the game, it's a win win.

Just because it may be difficult doesn't mean it's a bad idea.  Perhaps, it shouldn't be focused on over more important Open World things, but it should still be implemented.

Replays would be awesome.  Also, they can be used for promotion of the game, it's a win win.

Well thats the issue, do you spend time implementing a system that will be used by some people in the arena style testing or do you focus on building the core systems of the open world, the part of the game that will move the most copies? 

Well thats the issue, do you spend time implementing a system that will be used by some people in the arena style testing or do you focus on building the core systems of the open world, the part of the game that will move the most copies? 

Replay systems are incredible for promotion (good ones at least).  That being said, I do agree that it wouldn't make sense just for the arena-style sea trials.  The implementation would need to be useful for Open World.

From a video hobbyist perspective, I LOVE the idea of post battle video (so I can make movies).

From a solo & group PVP perspective, I LOVE the idea of post battle video (so I can having a tool to train from).

As a fleet commander who wish to review fleet movements, I LOVE/HATE the idea. HATES? OK, I'm cautious... So easy to observe, post battle, what your opponents did to setup. Where. Which ships. How in relation to the wind. What route... Powerful. Powerful. Powerful. But also deadly... As it cuts both ways :)

Replay systems are incredible for promotion (good ones at least).  That being said, I do agree that it wouldn't make sense just for the arena-style sea trials.  The implementation would need to be useful for Open World.

How do they work for promotion? Genuinely curious as when I look at a game I don't go 'ooh it has replays, its a must have now.' Do some people?

How do they work for promotion? Genuinely curious as when I look at a game I don't go 'ooh it has replays, its a must have now.' Do some people?

People use replays cinematically to create fan videos, on YouTube, or just to share with friends.  It not that the feature exists, but how people find ingenious ways to use it to promote not only their play, but the game.  And it ends up being really good free promotion for the company.  Especially for a game that looks as good visually as NA does.

People use replays cinematically to create fan videos, on YouTube, or just to share with friends.  It not that the feature exists, but how people find ingenious ways to use it to promote not only their play, but the game.  And it ends up being really good free promotion for the company.  Especially for a game that looks as good visually as NA does.

I see your angle but I guess I am just of the opinion that a solid economy system or a solid nation vs nation system sells more copies, but more importantly retains players and keeps the game fun than a few fancy machinimas will.

I see your angle but I guess I am just of the opinion that a solid economy system or a solid nation vs nation system sells more copies, but more importantly retains players and keeps the game fun than a few fancy machinimas will.

Yeah, a replay system is not a zero sum game.  If it can be done while not detracting from the rest of development, do it.  Don't be a pessimist. ;)

Yeah, a replay system is not a zero sum game.  If it can be done while not detracting from the rest of development, do it.  Don't be a pessimist. ;)

Well there are only 6 devs so resources and time are at a premium considering they are attempting to make a MMO, something most studios employ 100+ employees for.

We're aware how many devs there are.  Like I said, don't be a pessimist.  I have every faith in them.  If they think it can be done, it's a good feature to add.

We're aware how many devs there are.  Like I said, don't be a pessimist.  I have every faith in them.  If they think it can be done, it's a good feature to add.

It's not pessimism, its realism  :lol:

It's not pessimism, its realism  :lol:

So you know, for a fact, that the developers are incapable of creating a polished Open World and a replay system?  That's the only way your statement could be realism.  :lol::D:lol::blink:

Replays are planned but in the very distant future. At this stage there are other priorities, fortunately.

Thanks for the heads up.