Game-Labs Forum

Toxic online behaviour

Brigand

In that case, it was quite unpleasant for you, I'm sure, but currently within what is allowed by the game.

It's always important to watch your battle carefully for newcomers.  I've had to cut and run when enemy players entered my AI battle.   :)

I think that scenario is actually where the term "cut and run" comes from. ;)

It highlights the need for a limiting mechanic on team members joining a battle - discussed elsewhere.

• Like 1

Its not the game mechanics that have the potential to ruin this game, its the players. Most will be gentlemen, but those that persistently are the subject of justifiable complaints should lose their rank and have to start the grind again (sort of court martial).

• Like 1

Its not the game mechanics that have the potential to ruin this game, its the players. Most will be gentlemen, but those that persistently are the subject of justifiable complaints should lose their rank and have to start the grind again (sort of court martial).

Hard to say how players will react, words are words these days but given the time period they had more meaning. I would suggest removal of the tounge so to speak(chat bans) before rank reduction etc.

I would suggest removal of the tongue

Actually i think this would be more appropriate for the times, and if that fails then removal of the typing fingers should suffice! Taken out of context with the aim of a better solution ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I think it is toxic to sail around in a fleet of 5 santi's in your souped up trincomalee and attack single players. It is an exploit and it ruins the game for me the single player.

You know who you are and I have the video.

• Like 1

I think it is toxic to sail around in a fleet of 5 santi's in your souped up trincomalee and attack single players. It is an exploit and it ruins the game for me the single player.

You know who you are and I have the video.

I agree.

I understand the devs are considering what can be done to stop this

• Like 1

I usually don´t paid a lot of atention to this thread, but cases like this are clear indicators of flawed game mechanics and flawed individuals.

How is it flawed, if the player can easily run away?  If they get sunk or captured, it is because they stayed to fight.  This isn't toxic at all.

• Like 1

How is it flawed, if the player can easily run away?  If they get sunk or captured, it is because they stayed to fight.  This isn't toxic at all.

Captain - I often agree with you and I generally respect you - here you are as wrong as wrong can possibly be. The souped up Trinco in the lead can do 22 knts or better - leaving the "victim" with no hope of escape and no hope of victory.

It is not the intention of the game designers - and is an EXPLOIT.

As pure as can be.

• Like 2

This is the wrong post and forum for this.  The original intent of this post revolved around antisocial behavior such as cursing or being rude.  There is an entire thread for discussing the AI Fleet mechanic in the Open World Forum, please continue this discussion there.

I'm going to lock this thread as it had run its course months ago.

Thanks!