Game-Labs Forum

still problems with mac

davidgcox

shut down my mac.  let it sit for awhile.  rebooted.

brought up the game.  got to the main menu.  all options were available.  background music was playing.  leaves were falling the tree.  :)

clicked on "continue" then the screen froze.

had to restart.

is it too late to ask for a refund?  very frustrating.  since this seems to be such a great game.

• Like 1

getting frustrated.  

uninstalled all of my steam/ultimate general files.  deleted them all then reinstalled steam.  then reinstalled ugg.  main menu came up.  graphics of falling leaves worked, music worked.  clicked on "continue" and then nothing happened.  leaves continued to fall, music continued to play, but nothing else worked.  screen sort of froze.

had to hard restart.

what's the deal?

Edited by davidgcox

sterner, i did what you suggested.  the game worked for about 90 minutes then i got another frozen screen.  had to hard restart.  this time when i restarted the game the ghost main menu screen still appeared after restarting.

so i had to hard restart again.  waited a few minutes.  unplugged the power supply to my desktop.  replugged it.  rebooted.  then the game worked.  again, for about 90 minutes.  then another frozen screen after 90 minutes of play.  i got frustrated and went to sleep.

I have two Macs that  I play UGG on.  One a 2011 MacBook Pro has no problems with game play, the other a 2009 Mac Mini had problems with the screen stalling, not accepting input from  the mouse or keyboard ( which left out a force quit as a option ) but continuing to play sounds effects.  This stall would last for several minutes, long enough to loose a game but rarely requiring a hard restart.  I suspected a graphics card issue so I dialed all possible graphics settings down as far as possible on that machine and it now plays without problems. 

found out i have an nvidia geforce 8800 gs.  apparently no drivers are available for that card.

tried to play the game.  again, frozen screen after about 5 or 10 minutes.  a long hang.  had to hard restart/shutdown.

any suggestions guys?  i've got mac os 10.6.8.  have deleted all of my steam and ugg files, reinstalled everything, several times.  still a hanging screen.  ????

nick, i went to nvidia to update my drivers and when i entered my graphics card info the reply was "nothing found."

i then reduced my resolution.  same thing happened.  frozen screen, hard shutdown/reboot.

i have  no idea what "auto detect your gpu" means.  how do i set that?