Game-Labs Forum

GAME IS BROKEN! WHAT THE HECK! UPDATE BLOWS!

I love it, multiplayer is now completely broken As a result of the great new Patch and your: " ha ha stop complaining " it will get fixed " Ineptness is perfectly acceptable to you? Having the company upload a brand new completely broken game is perfectly acceptable? Crazy way to be fella. Crazy way to be...not exactly a successful mindset there:-) I can't imagine you've ever run a company. You too funny..:-)

Edited by The Collectors Showcase

Dude this is a "Alpha" Devs stated when buying the game at its current stated expect server down times,crashes, bugs,glitches and whatever else that comes up during this stage that we the community report to the developers so they can fix it.  

People that complain how the game is broken when it is "ALPHA"  is seriously starting to annoy me. 

• Like 2

First off your assertion that you have a game  is wrong. You bought an Alpha version of a game that will be updated into a full game when said game is done. Sometimes in order to test your current version of the game it is necessary to put in things you know will break your game. Its all part of the process and is what your agreed to when you bought the Alpha.

Sorry but what is the problem really? The game is not alpha. Why you say it is Alpha? It is not Early Access anymore. Maybe you refer to the other game we have that is in alpha state, the Naval Action. There is real problem to understand what is the issue you have with the game by reading your post.

Huh? It's simple, before the update I was having loads and loads of fun playing my favorite game Gettysburg Ultimate General, almost always in multiplayer mode. After the update 48 hours ago I see that my favorite game is somehow gone replaced by a seemingly broken piece of code that is too dark too see has fewer maps and is no longer playable. My suggestion: slow down take a look, read comments and get on this fast, it's a huge problem.

I must agree with collectors showcase.  I don't feel like the update made the game any better.  I understand there are issues they are ironing out from the programming side, and they will be fixed eventually, but with the game is losing the feel of authenticity.  It's hard to imagine that I'm actually a civil war commander when units are flying around the map at top speed and confederate forces are swarming union troops like crazy bloodthirsty supermen.  It seems like now the union forces are weaker than before.  I think the real issue that needs to be addressed is the fact that all confederate commanders have to do is double-click on the enemy over and over again until they push them around the map.  Feels kinda lame.  I'm not sure exactly what all changed with the union but it seems like even more of an uphill battle.  The update made it feel even more broken.

I have encountered no issues with it being to dark, the game is not to fast. I actually wish I could speed it up faster so I can murder you quicker ( I got things to do). I love the night time battles. It keeps you wondering what brigade you will be facing not knowing if they out match you or vise versa is great! Melee and Fire is amazing. Union cannons are very powerful but Confederate morale is devastating. Just like it should be. Also Cannons in limber can run from skirmishers and keep up with Cavalry just like they could in real life. I see nothing but improvements from this game.

If you have any real issues please describe them and send any crash reports to the ADMINISTRATORS. Vague references and emotional tirades do no justice to anyone specifically yourself.

See you on the field Generals!

• Like 1

I'm referring to multiplayer battles.  It seems like winning with the confederates is a joke.  It's too easy to destroy the union, therefore I encouner mostly players who rank up only because they always choose the confederates and simply charge all over the field.  Is anyone really winning with the union on mulktiplayer battles?  The balance just seems really off.

Darth,

I have the same problem as the guy who started this topic (i.e. no troops on the battlefield, suddenly night, and nothing to do but enjoy the birds singing :P). This happens only when loading previous savegames from 1.03.

I started yesterday a new battle with 1.1 and all works fine. I haven't tried the multiplayer yet.

I am sorry but the saves from older patches shall not work. This is something we have mentioned in Steam forum but I will write everywhere so there is no misunderstanding. The new code made impossible for old saves to work.

As for the units running faster, I am fairly sure it is because the AI now runs as the player could do.

Anyway, please provide feedback and we will see what we can improve with a hotfix. This is why we have the forums.

Nick, you are right, the AI does run now which looks a little odd to me as i'm not used to it. 

It also runs in short bursts and seems to stop for while then runs again which is maybe why it looks jerky.

You can observe this if you select the defend the south hills scenario after the opening battle.

Play as Union and watch the CSA commander get some of his units to run at the union right away.

They run, stop, run , change direction etc and it happens faster than it used to.

The game speed seems faster and the units run making the whole experience seem more frantic.

I'll watch again tonight and note down which units do this the most. 

Rich

btw - the tactic did work for the AI. It managed to run it's unit around the union defenders much better than before. It just looked visually odd to me.

i've also had problems since installation of the patch.

at times, i could not "continue" a game.

many time i've had frozen screens or black screens.

i'v rebooted many times and one times after a reboot a ghost main menu screen still appeared, so next time i rebooted i unplugged the power supply to my mac desktop.  then after the reboot all worked fine.

after the many black screens and frozen screens i completely uninstalled the patch, steam and ugg.  reinstalled everything.  same thing happened with no "continue" option.  so then i chose "fight new battle" option and things worked.  for 90 minutes that is.  then more frozen screens and black screens.  i went to bed it was so frustrating.

this game has so much potential.  i hope the bugs get worked out.

I'm glad to see we have some consensus on the cyborg Confederates. If you read my other posts for multiplayer it's really out of control. Confederates have been rated with morale fit for Waffen SS legions while the Union is rated as a petty band of Polish partisans. Maybe this could be fixed?

The game is however, supercool and a format of gameplay that is above the rest! So kudos for that. Other than the mis-match in ratings for both sides the game is thoroughly enjoyed.