Game-Labs Forum

Version 1.1 - no click battles

RichardMcCor

I downloaded 1.1 last night and played a set of no-click battles as union on scenario 1.

(no click means you choose your side (union) set your AI opponent. watch them fight your army with no clicking. make notes on how well the AI did versus your memory of previous versions)

Opponent AI offensive - he wins a major victory - cool. used to only get minor

Opponent AI determned - yeah also a major - often used to be a draw

Opponent AI balanced - draw - sometimes used to be a loss. Great.

I see the AI in all cases using his general better and his ARTY moving into better positions and i think faster due to the limber / unlimber. All good for the CSA.

I do notice that the union reinforcements don't seem to move to their previous positions. Black Hats and Cutler seem to deploy closer to the south VP location vs between them. Paul deploys south of Oak Ridge vs on it. These changes hurt the Union no click battle as he does not get his troops onto the hills for defense bonuses.

The whole game seems to be faster to me which i did not expect. I liked it a little slower myself.

I'll play other scenarios when i have time but my first nights observations show the AI being better than before (as the patch notes indicate) so well done to the dev team.

• Like 1

I played as Union "no click" against AI risky last night. Got right through to final scenario and ran out of time.

scenario 1 - risky did well - major defeat for the union. Union reinforcements still did not go to previous positions as in other versions so their starting points must have been changed in 1.1 CSA general really stuck to his best units and helped them a lot

scenario 2 - draw - hmm... risky did not take much risk. a stalemate. I did not nothing and so did he.

scenario 3 - yeah . risky wins again. grabs the VP's. union pushed right back. ARTY and commander does very well. Leaves himself open to flanking movements on the right but i'm a no click general so i sit on my hands. Very good play by the AI. Even sends one unit way south to attack from behind on the left and that works very well for him.

scenario 4 - this was the other picketts charge one (not historical) . risky attacks the round tops and gets them. Picketts boys help get the round tops. Many of the CSA move south to help with the round tops. This works against the no click general who is sitting on his hands and does not exploit the gaps. Wins a minor vistory. 

I ran out of time so did not play the final battle

• Like 1