Game-Labs Forum

American SOL's what might we see?

Joe

For all that we know, a ship from one nation will be available to all nations.

On a more important note: this thread is rife with nationalism. Nationalism has no place in on these forums, not even when it is wrapped in an historical cover. The options for this topic are:

• Tone it down, make this discussion (a lot) more constructive;
  • The topic will be locked.

Cheers,

Brigand

• Like 1

There are some quite funny posts and some really biased posts here.  Keeping in mind that on day +1 of the release of the Naval Action world, all reference to historical setting will be quickly left behind, then including US 1st raters will eventually be required since we can all assume it will, sooner or later, be a major naval power in-game.

I would prefer and hope (the gods be willing NA is successful enough...) to eventually see most of the large naval powers have ships representative of their true fleet, so that British, French, etc. etc. all have their own SOL's.   That's a lot of ships, I know, let's be patient...

At least until that time, I hope the devs provide simple repaints of the textures/skins of the SOL's currently in game so that they at least appear visually different on the outside.  That would require a fraction of the time (and many 3rd party community members can accomplish this easily) but would make a nice difference towards visible variation.

Edited by SYN_Bloody-Bandy

I'm ok with the US SOL's as long as they are in the timeframe.

But before their ingame appearance, there are many ships of more important naval powers which must be introduced ingame.

Btw, are there other ressources about the us SOL's than wikipedia or tiny internet articles ?

French players will be able to build and sail HMS Victory. This is blindingly obvious, people.

I find them handsome, does that then mean your opinions becomes invalid? Irrelevant points.

Very, very far from irrelevant. The devs have taste, and constantly emphasize one of their core visions for Naval Action, which is a 'beautiful Age of Sail game.' Start including technological monstrosities from the aesthetic dead zone of the 19th century, and they will proliferate everywhere. Including vessels from after the 1820 technological turning point will make all more famous, important and beautiful vessels obsolete. Or if not, they will have to be nerfed into oblivion, at which point one wonders why we should pay the price of having them in the first place. Suddenly it becomes difficult to imagine that you are fighting any of the hundreds of legendary fleet actions of the 18th century or Napoleonic wars, because there is that great bathtub making up half the fleet.

• Like 2

I think the ultimate answer here is that if we are patient, anyone playing the part of a major sea power will not need to have to use another nation's SoL.  It's ridiculous to have to settle for that.  Other than time and the success of this game, nothing should hold back the devs from modelling and getting into the game a compliment of SoL for all the major sea powers.

Meanwhile, I do not see anyone arguing against the stand-ins we must play with.  Think long term people.

Edited by SYN_Bloody-Bandy