Game-Labs Forum

new patch

davidgcox

i installed the new patch today, 2/24/15.  after installing, several issues came up.

first, i could not continue any previously saved games.  when i hit continue all that came up on the screen was the map.  fields, farms, orchards, roads, etc.  no data.  no units.  no anything else.

second, after trying two times to continue a game i initiated a new game.  after playing the new game for about 5 minutes the entire screen went black, then i had to hard restart.

third, after trying a second time to start a new game, i played that game for about 5 minutes and same thing, black screen, no response, hard restart.

this game has so much potential if all the bugs can be worked out.  until they are, it's very frustrating and perhaps not worth playing.

This should be in the Support Forum,,, but......

Try this n Hopefully the game will work properly... 

This will give you Problems if an Old Saved game is loaded into a new Update/Patched game...

Your best bet now is to start with a Clean install to eliminate that as your problem first.

To make sure, Do what I do for a Fresh Install with no old files lurking around:

Delete the old Patched build completely.....

After you un-install/remove UG:G content/game...

Than Delete these 2 UG:G folder/Leftovers, prior to re-downloading.

First...Delete the UG:G Folder in Steam,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ultimate General Gettysburg

Than Delete the UG:G folder located in here(Saved Games/Options)....

C:\Users\*User Name*\AppData\LocalLow\Game Labs

Than I run CCleaner(optional) to get the junk left over in the register...~5-7 reg entries...

This ensures that no old code is sticking around, n u will now have a Clean/New install...

Hope this helps...

Still need help just post.

Someone is always here to help ,, ,,

G/L hope u get it up n running....

Edit,,,,PC, perhaps next time mention that in the OP, Mac/PC  Win?/OS...

n than I wouldn't of wasted your time n mine'...

thanks sam watkins.  still have children bumping about your knees?  :)

if this should go into the support forum then i thank you for that advice.

i have a macintosh and will try what you suggest to see if it works.  thanks again.

sam watkins, i did what you suggested.  it finally worked.

however, still having frozen screens, black screen issues.  one time after i had to hard restart the main menu screen remained as a ghost after restarting.  so next time i restarted i unplugged the power supply to my mac.  then after another restart the game appeared.

but then i could only use the "fight new battle" option, i could not use the "continue" option.  it's getting very frustrating because this could be such a great game.

• 2 weeks later...

On  the Version from the Apple Mac Store, when I mass select units by drawing a circle around them; some of the units will not get selected, however when I use ctrl to select those to add to the mass select, then try and drag for a move, the drag arrows will not release.  So I cannot make the command and also makes it so that I cannot almost function from not being able to pop the game menu for a few minutes to not being able to Cmd-tab out.  Its important to note that the arrows do not release so I also cannot just keep playing.  Never happens on starting units only seems to be on reinforcements.  So the work around is move the units that do select and then individually move the other units.  Strange bug didnt have a select issue at all before the patch.

Edited by Deathjag

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...