Game-Labs Forum

Lady Washington

Mass

With small trading ships is looking out to be popular the ship that hits my min dis this the- 

-Lady Washington 

When the game is made to open world testing this is a fast courier that could be a sort of ship that every sailer gets attached to.

So many ship plans and pictures that a ship like this can be a realistic vessel for the game.

What do you think?

I heartily agree, although being her boatswain I can tell you that she was never a fast vessel in any sense of the word haha.  Although she has excellent sailing qualities, I have rarely seen her miss stays, she tacks and wears in the lightest of wind if handled properly, and is exceptionally robust in her construction, she is the vessel I cut my teeth on so to speak and my favourite little brig.fullsail1.jpg

• Like 6

Heck, Lady Washington can sail just about as well backwards as forwards, and is a fairly nimble little brig, but speed is not one of her good qualities...even with royals (very rarely set)!  I'd still love seeing my favorite brig in game, though.

Edited by AKPyrate

No sir it would not.  She was re-rigged to brig for a number of reasons.  But the rig does not dictate the speed limitations of vessels unless the vessel is under rigged, Lady Washingtons hull speed is 9 knots, that is the fastest the hull can displace water out of its way, no matter what the rig, you can only exceed that speed when surfing or "planing" on top of a very great sea state and trust me when I say you would not want to have an enormous gaff rigged mainsail to deal with in weather like that, one accidental gybe and you lose 3/4's of your total sail area.  The brig rig has more than enough sail area for her to reach hull speed and it's quite effective offshore in the trades, and more controllable in rough weather.

She is a stout merchant vessel, and did her intended job well.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...