Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.9.9 Rx2)

Uploaded repaired version including the following:
- Fixed temporary minor issues of the new Mexico provinces.
- Fixed minefields of an ended campaign doing damage in the first turn of a new campaign in the same gameplay session.
- Fixed a rare blockade mechanics inconsistency causing a nation to blockade itself.
- Fixed issues that could cause ships to lose their destination port while they are under repairing or commissioning mode.

Please restart Steam to get the update fast

• Like 3

On 7/24/2023 at 7:55 PM, Warspite96 said:

The 1930s+ US 6 inch turret is just an upsized 5 inch turret instead of the 6 inch turret model, this wasn't the case a few patches ago so this seems relatively new.

To add to this, after further testing not only are the 6 inch guns the wrong model, but all US battleship secondaries above 5 inches are also just re-using the 5 inch turret model. Kinda hilarious being able to stack incredibly compact 5 inch turreted 8 inch guns on US battleship hulls.

9 minutes ago, Warspite96 said:

To add to this, after further testing not only are the 6 inch guns the wrong model, but all US battleship secondaries above 5 inches are also just re-using the 5 inch turret model. Kinda hilarious being able to stack incredibly compact 5 inch turreted 8 inch guns on US battleship hulls.

The models are not wrong. What is the "correct' model, can you elaborate? These are special turrets of small length caliber specific for US battleships, in order to fit in their towers. 

They do not have the ballistic properties of long barreled turrets used in cruisers but they serve their role as secondary guns.

2 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

The models are not wrong. What is the "correct' model, can you elaborate? These are special turrets of small length caliber specific for US battleships, in order to fit in their towers. 

They do not have the ballistic properties of long barreled turrets used in cruisers but they serve their role as secondary guns.

Huh, I just assumed it was an error. Specifically for US battleships, on a historical basis, there is no direct equivalent of the in-game guns since all US battleships used 5" guns as their secondaries, but for any other nation that used higher caliber guns as secondaries, their guns and turrets are often just ripped from cruiser mounted weaponry, very rarely if at all would a battleship get its own unique secondaries in high angle mounts. I guess the towers *do* make it difficult to put a generic 6/7/8" turret on.

The cruisers still have incorrect turrets for the 6 inch gun, however, they should have the WW2 style turrets they used to have in-game but have the same model as the secondary gun for battleships.

• Like 1

It appears that my warships are teleporting again. Namely, a damaged squadron is sent to a given port, only for several of the vessels to appear in different ports (sometimes on the other side of the Pacific ocean) than the one they were ordered to sail for. I thought this very annoying behaviour had been resolved, but I guess something must've put it back.

39 minutes ago, Warspite96 said:

Huh, I just assumed it was an error. Specifically for US battleships, on a historical basis, there is no direct equivalent of the in-game guns since all US battleships used 5" guns as their secondaries, but for any other nation that used higher caliber guns as secondaries, their guns and turrets are often just ripped from cruiser mounted weaponry, very rarely if at all would a battleship get its own unique secondaries in high angle mounts. I guess the towers *do* make it difficult to put a generic 6/7/8" turret on.

The cruisers still have incorrect turrets for the 6 inch gun, however, they should have the WW2 style turrets they used to have in-game but have the same model as the secondary gun for battleships.

US Cruisers have never had the right turrets. Neither the boxy Heavy Cruiser turrets, or the Modernish Baltimore/Des Moines Turrets. The normal US 6 inch turret is also missing. Also wish we could do 5 inch secondaries on Light Cruisers...

But we have never had actual US Cruiser hulls in the game till the last update when we got the Atlanta (Still no Treaty Cruiser or Brooklyn/Cleveland/Baltimore hulls). Even the Large Cruiser hull is a scaled down USish fast battleship hull instead of the enlarged Treaty Cruiser hull the Alaskas were designed with.

Edited by ijp8834
  • Like 2

Uploaded repaired version x2 including the following:
- Fixed temporary issue causing ships to be sent to repairs inconsistently.
- Fixed an old bug which could cause a game freeze during a campaign turn.
- Fixed an old issue which could cause steering to freeze during a battle when ships reached the battle map limits.

• Like 2

I have ships randomly teleporting all over the map after battles.  After battles I have ships with little to no damage randomly teleporting to ports on the other side of the world map.  This ruins my ability to keep fleets intact.  Game unplayable.

10 minutes ago, Lucinator said:

I have ships randomly teleporting all over the map after battles.  After battles I have ships with little to no damage randomly teleporting to ports on the other side of the world map.  This ruins my ability to keep fleets intact.  Game unplayable.

We fixed this in the repair x2 update. You can restart Steam to get the update.

• Like 2

Well, I've played this for the first time since the release, and I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised to  see that the game works fairly well, and it is fun again. Excellent work in that. And I also see that some of the bugs I'm finding on 1.3.9.5 are already solved.

Yes, I know that 1.3.9.8 is out. I'll update when I finish my current campaign.

The only thing which saddens me is that AH hasn't yet received any love in the form of the much needed (and historical) pre dreadnought hulls they desperately need. Are there still plans on addressing that?

• Like 1

Nick Thomadis
This post was recognized by Nick Thomadis!

Fangoriously was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 50 points.

On 7/20/2023 at 10:09 AM, Fangoriously said:

On my 1910 German campaign, into the 20s i noticed several tech tree anomalies.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

unlocking radar before mk5 stereoscopic, also stereoscopic 3 and 4 unlocked befog their coincidence counterpart.

unlocked 22in torps before 21in

and here i unlocked super battleships before the smaller modern battleships, leaving me with these hulls to chose from

"hull form optimization" should have come after "modern battleship hull design"

There's been a few updates since i posted this, it may not have been noticed.

• Like 1

Judging by the starting army force numbers, I believe that in the 1890 start at least (not sure about any others) Kiautschou Bay (Germany) and Kwang-Chou-Wan (France) are classed as homeland territories instead of colonial ones.

Obviously as Asian colonies there's no reason for them to count as homeland territories.

Edited by SpardaSon21

6 hours ago, SpardaSon21 said:

Judging by the starting army force numbers, I believe that in the 1890 start at least (not sure about any others) Kiautschou Bay (Germany) and Kwang-Chou-Wan (France) are classed as homeland territories instead of colonial ones.

Obviously as Asian colonies there's no reason for them to count as homeland territories.

It seems you are correct. 👍

kiautschou_bay,,Kiautschou Bay,yellow_sea,germany,germany,germany,germany,china,china,japan,china,1,home,36.514348,119.802227,Kiautschou Bay,4,"30,000","50,750",1925,2,30,100,7,,,"northeast_china, weihaiwei",,,,,,,,,

kwang-chou-wan,,Kwang-Chou-Wan,se_asia,france,,,,,,,china,1,home,20.449693,110.123565,Kwang-Chou-Wan,5,"15,000","185,000",,,,,,,,southern_china,,,,,,,,,

And the same goes for Timor.

timor,,Timor,indonesian_sea,portugal,,,,,,,timor,,,-8.752065128,125.9196848,Timor,1.75,"35,000","175,000",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
kwang-chou-wan,,Kwang-Chou-Wan,se_asia,france,,,,,,,china,1,home,20.449693,110.123565,Kwang-Chou-Wan,5,"15,000","185,000",,,,,,,,southern_china,,,,,,,,,

• Like 1

Uploaded repaired version x3 including the following:
- Fixed all latest issues of ship repair logic. This update is essential. Please do not report old problems with a prior version of the game.
- Improved some hulls that were not able to fit some towers.
- Improved part mounting logic.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, SpardaSon21 said:

I think that what counts as "homeland" is somehow loose. On my playthrough, it is counting the parts of the US, Russia, Japan and A-H I've conquered as homeland. Dunno if that's intentional, tho.

52 minutes ago, Revanchist95 said:

Been having this issue for the last couple of updates. Main guns for battleships battle cruisers and heavy cruisers won't fire if target is in range of 2 inch guns. If I shut off secondary guns then main guns will fire like normal. 

This. I've been having the same issue.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Revanchist95 said:

Been having this issue for the last couple of updates. Main guns for battleships battle cruisers and heavy cruisers won't fire if target is in range of 2 inch guns. If I shut off secondary guns then main guns will fire like normal. 

Set them to Aggressive mode. Due to splashes of the secondary guns the main guns' accuracy may become too small and so they save ammo by default.

• Like 1

I've been noticing an issue with the screening AI on destroyers in particular. When ordering single destroyer divisions to do an action off of screening duty (such as going on a torpedo run against an enemy target), and then later reattaching said destroyer to screen a larger ship from some distance away on many occasions lead the AI of the destroyer to completely stop the ship instead of attempting to reattach to the lead div in question and screen it.

Edited by AdmiralObvious