Game-Labs Forum

Take my money !!!

Epaminondas

On 3/19/2023 at 8:43 PM, Royal Fusilier said:

Yeah, this looks like my dream game!  A Seven Year War campaign would complete my gaming life!

Seven Years' War would be epic. As would the Wars of the Spanish Succession, Austrian Succession, Jacobite Risings.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2023 at 9:05 AM, colonel1689 said:

Will the game have battle time limits and objectives to secure on the battlefield?

If so, did this impact gameplay in pervious titles?

Previous games were all relatively linear campaigns of historical battles where you maintained an army in between battles. The battles themselves had specific objectives and time limits to complete them within. 

No information has been shown on how the local battles will work in terms of timers or objectives so far.

4 hours ago, pandakraut said:

Previous games were all relatively linear campaigns of historical battles where you maintained an army in between battles. The battles themselves had specific objectives and time limits to complete them within. 

No information has been shown on how the local battles will work in terms of timers or objectives so far.

I saw in one screen shot a objective flag behind the British troops and a timer that seemed to indicate that the battle would last for an hour.

Historical battles having objectives I understand but I'm wondering how that will work in random battles on the campaign.

14 hours ago, colonel1689 said:

Historical battles having objectives I understand but I'm wondering how that will work in random battles on the campaign.

I'd imagine it could work the same. A random amount of objectives and time allotted could be assigned based on map size and number of troops involved. Furthermore, the goals can be semi-randomized as well where you can have capture the flag (one side holds the objective(s)), encounter (where both sides hold none or some of the objective(s)), city capture/defense, or simply search and destroy (no objectives, just ram yourself into the enemy. Presumably you can even have phases that allow nearby reinforcements to join the battle as well as expand the map and change the goal/objectives on the map. Winning, drawing, losing can also have differing effects on the campaign map outside of one army runs away and the other doesn't.

• Like 1