Game-Labs Forum

Anybody noticed an improvement lag-wise in large battles?

MishaTX

The issue lies in the engine and the way the game is coded it doesn't utilise the given resources as efficiently as it could and that's why you don't get better performance from such expensive equipment.

I can confidently say this because I have almost the same setup as you and it's a widely discussed issue on this forum.

• Like 2

People with AMD seem to be generally advantaged in UAD compared to NVidea or Intel users and find fewer bugs. In theory, the devs might be doing coding and testing with AMD computers, which would explain why fewer things break at once with them. Could go with some more data on this, though. Ryzen 3 2300X Quad core here for example, and I have trouble finding a lot of the bugs reported and instead find undo-related bugs more often.

• Like 1

Interesting. At least it would be one example where AMD users had an advantage (I don't mean quality wise, but coding wise).

It's just such a pity, because this game is so much fun and graphically awesome, but every time I see a battle pop up that involves more than a couple dozen ships, I'm like "oh no, here we go again, slideshow time. And I can't just auto-resolve it either, because the AI is an absolute genius when it comes to those. I'll never forget when I made the mistake of auto-resolving another ghost battle facing two DDs with an overwhelming fleet and thought "why bother?"

I should have, because those two DDs managed to sink one of my BBs, damage another heavily and send another three or four to dry dock for months.

Anyway, I just wish the coding could be fixed so I don't have to hate big battles.