Game-Labs Forum

Questions regarding Divisions

smsvu

I have some questions regarding divisions:

1. How to set the division leader?
  2. Can the order within divisions be changed?
  3. Can the order of the divisions be changed?
  4. Does someone else notice ships switching divisions without instructions (Seems to occur when they take damage sometimes)?
  5. Can the automated switching of division leaders be turned of? (can lead to issues if they are not close together and they break out the get to the back of the divisions)
  6. Can I get the ships to speed up to catch up to their leader (for example after evading torpedos)?
  7. Do ships often evade torpedos indefinitely? (Geting stuck in evasion even after the torpedos have missed or are gone)
Edited by smsvu

4 hours ago, smsvu said:

I have some questions regarding divisions:

1. How to set the division leader?
  2. Can the order within divisions be changed?
  3. Can the order of the divisions be changed?
  4. Does someone else notice ships switching divisions without instructions (Seems to occur when they take damage sometimes)?
  5. Can the automated switching of division leaders be turned of? (can lead to issues if they are not close together and they break out the get to the back of the divisions)
  6. Can I get the ships to speed up to catch up to their leader (for example after evading torpedos)?
  7. Do ships often evade torpedos indefinitely? (Geting stuck in evasion even after the torpedos have missed or are gone)

1) If you want to change the ship leading the division, just detach that ship from the division. What was the second ship in the line will assume the control of the division. With this method of attach and detach ships, you can choose what you want leading the division.

2 & 3) I am not 100% sure if understand the question. English is not my native language.

4) When a ship gets heavy damage will do a hard turn and go to the back of the division. Is not switching division. Is only changing position inside the division formation.

5) I am almost sure you cannot.

6) Yes. Just reduce the speed of the division leader. Eventually, the ships that lost time avoiding the torpedoes will catch up with the leader and their right position inside the formation. Then you can speed up again.

7) This is a bug in game. We are still waiting for a fix.

47 minutes ago, o Barão said:

1) If you want to change the ship leading the division, just detach that ship from the division. What was the second ship in the line will assume the control of the division. With this method of attach and detach ships, you can choose what you want leading the division.

2 & 3) I am not 100% sure if understand the question. English is not my native language.

4) When a ship gets heavy damage will do a hard turn and go to the back of the division. Is not switching division. Is only changing position inside the division formation.

5) I am almost sure you cannot.

6) Yes. Just reduce the speed of the division leader. Eventually, the ships that lost time avoiding the torpedoes will catch up with the leader and their right position inside the formation. Then you can speed up again.

7) This is a bug in game. We are still waiting for a fix.

First of all, Thank you.

1. I'm aware of that method, but thought there might be some easier method because that's not that practical.
  2. Can you move ships inside divisions.
  3. Can you move divisions in the menu bar.
  4. I seem to have ships actually moving to another division, but I'm unsure if that's a bug (I'll try to send the team a recording, maybe they can evealuate the issue.)
  5. Good to know.
  6. Interessting, seems like it was just the endless evading but that made it look like they wont speed up to catch the leader - I was able to see that they actually do when tested in a vacuum.
  7. Good to know.