Game-Labs Forum

Arena battles, Do we have to sink everything to Win ?

At the moment we have to sink every single ship in order to win.

You may have 4 SOL and 6 frigates on your side alive at the end of the counter period with 1 enemy Lynx still alive. The result is a draw.

Once critical point is reached, couldn't we impliment a player vote to offer to finish the game slightly earlier rather than forcing everyone to chase down that solitary and occasionally DC'd ship ?

I would imagine that reaching a 75%-80% advantage in the game would be sufficient to call the match early.

We could discount any ships that were flooding faster than they could pump so that they not influence the decision.

Edited by Crankey

No one will vote to end it, though. Not when we have to grind damage.

Perhaps, but at the same time perhaps the remaining 'score of the losing side could be shared amongst the victors

Edited by Crankey

Well in most arena games you have to kill everything to win or capture points on a map. DCs are a different matter, and need to be dealt with. But ending the game early serves no real purpose other than convenience for those too far away to do anything or not interested in chasing that lone frigate. While it could be a good system there are SO many other things that need the devs attention (chat, lobby stuff, open world. Etc etc etc) that in the end a system like this is a would be nice moment but exactly that, a moment.

I think there should be an option to surrender, like there is in many other games.

Yes that may be a good solution, Team-Voting for Surrender, if like >75% are for surrender the ships stopping and getting Whiteflagged, Game over.

maybe a think for Open world too, to just not get sunken and maybe getting away alive and only the cargo gets cleared by winning enemy.

Edited by AtomicTiger

There is already an instrument in place to end matches, the timer. Further more, if I've played a great game on a lousy team, why should anyone be able to end it at their choosing? At any rate, this is an alpha test, and the win/loss count is pointless. If you're worried about that, suck it up and stay in game, if not just leave.

There is already an instrument in place to end matches, the timer. Further more, if I've played a great game on a lousy team, why should anyone be able to end it at their choosing? At any rate, this is an alpha test, and the win/loss count is pointless. If you're worried about that, suck it up and stay in game, if not just leave.

I think the surrender option would be implemented in the final release, the public one. Because in alpha test this option has no importance we want to find bugs and the more we are in game the more bug we can be able to find.