Game-Labs Forum

Beta Testers

Darren Knorr

Hey, 

I have developed games in the past and understand where issues spark from. I want to be apart of the beta team because I am mainly and RTS gamer and have been following this since around the time you guys announced the idea. You may know me by matt on your facebook page. I also have passion for the civil war and knowledge of the era's tactics. If you wish, i will be able to provide and analysis on accuracy of the AI tactics along with the damage ratio if you please. In addition I'm part of the scourge of war community so I can also provide me opinions on how the game compares with others in the market. If you want someone to test this game inside and out and give you pages of imput then bring me on board because I want to see this game thrive. We need more companies producing RTSs and prove the critics wrong who say the RTS genre is dying. Pick me for your team and you will not be disappointed. 

Matt

Hey,

i would love to be a part of the beta testing as well.

Im a 28 year old male german.

I play all kinds of strategy games since C&C and WC2. I played every TW Game and in the last years im mostly into the Paradox Grand Strategy Genre. I studied history in real life and was always especially interested in historic games because of that.

I have no experience with beta test except open betas like SC2.

My PC is a Intel Xeon CPU E3-1230 with 16 GBs RAM and a Sapphire Tri-X R9 290.

My Laptop is a Intel Pentium CPU B960 with 4 GB RAM and onboard Graphics.

So i could test the game on both, high-end and low-end systems.

How can I become a tester? I loved Sid Meir's Gettysburg so much I played it hundreds of hours winning on both sides. I have been longing for a newer fresher game to replace it but nothing until now! Please let me know if I can be of help. Thank you.

Loved Darth Mod and I'm a Civil War nut. Especially Gettysburg as I live less than an hour away from the battlefield and go there once a year. I would be extremely excited if I was able to join the testing. Please? lol.

Know you might already have picked people for beta-testing, but i am between jobs at the moment and have nothing to do but play video games. Just putting myself out there.
Also Civil War buff, Franco-Prussian War buff and Schleswig Wars buff. 

Hello all,

I would like to transfer the message from Game-Labs that the invitation to more testers has to be delayed a bit for next week due to heavy work-load to meet the deadlines for Early Access release. We are very sorry for the inconvenience and we thank you a lot for the ongoing interest to test our game.

• Like 2

I have been following this game for a while now and I got to say this game is looking great.  I am a Civil War buff and a gamer and I love combining the two likes.  I would like to let you know that quite a few of my reenacting friends are eagerly awaiting this game.  Keep up the good work.

On another note.  I would like to throw my hat into the ring for testing.  In strategy games I like to sometimes try some wild strategies out and I think that may be benifitial for the testing as it will test the games capabilites.

As someone who has read numerous books on the Civil War and, more specifically, walked the Gettysburg battlefield many times, I would love to offer whatever help I can as a beta tester.  This is my most anticipated release of the year.  Thanks for your consideration.

If you need any new testers for your next round then I'd like to take a shot at it.

No, I have never play-tested before

No, I don't have a PhD or any other computer game design experience (except for some game modding in various military strategey games)

No, I am not a fanboy of any particular game so not biased toward any particular game-styles

But....

I love strategy games in any form

I love history especially the ACW (I have a vast military book library)

I was an ACW re-enactor in my younger years so that should count for something right?

I can follow directions better than most

I can communicate my opinions clearly and constructively

I got a lot of time to kill

and most importantly, I have several mobile devices from various makers I can test this game on (Amazon, Samsung, Google, Sony, Apple, etc.)

I like the way you are going with this game and would like to be apart of it.

Hello all again,

Today we start to share 50 Steam Beta Keys for testing a limited beta version of the game, offering 2 single battles. We will contact those who were interested in order of priority and those who will actually have some free time to share their feedback and thoughts in our closed forum. We need the criticism and any positive opinions to improve the game. Sorry that we cannot give more keys, Early Access will be available very soon so please have patience :)

• Like 2