Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.1+ Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.2.9R)

Nick Thomadis

10 hours ago, Zuikaku said:

Why is AI having so much trouble in replacing natural draft boilers with induced ones although technology is available? It upgrades engine and all the other components but not boilers. 

The induced one are not always superior due to engine vibrations. What I THINK it is missing is  the AI having a specif "objective" when designing a ship and that part is hard to do properly

13 hours ago, Plazma said:

Posted January 3

Do you plan implement rudder again or it was removed forever? 

Also I noticed in the last patch the bug with ships to be too close in formation/breaking formation is back(probably need more testing):

Please ignore the damage of the ships, that was on the start of the battle and somehow the more damaged ship close the distance. They don't get hit yet in this battle. 

Additional probably the ships breaking the speed limit (need testing).

O also miss a lot the rudder because it was the only thing that made the stupid bugs with collision avoidance passable.  THe avoid collision simply does not work and ships try to hug each other to death all the time. MAnual rudder was  CRITICAL  to  untangle those mess. Now when happens I just alt-f4 and close the game to avoid raging.

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, TiagoStein said:

O also miss a lot the rudder because it was the only thing that made the stupid bugs with collision avoidance passable.  THe avoid collision simply does not work and ships try to hug each other to death all the time. MAnual rudder was  CRITICAL  to  untangle those mess. Now when happens I just alt-f4 and close the game to avoid raging.

There's also the fun of chasing an enemy so far on the map there is no longer any way to steer.

1 minute ago, Admiral Donuts said:

There's also the fun of chasing an enemy so far on the map there is no longer any way to steer.

That shoudl be fixed with a "accept  disengagement  button"  If  you press it and the AI is in disengage mode, the battle ends on spot. That exist in Terra invicta and works great.

• Like 3

Armor penetration is still messed up.

Starting in 1900, the 9.4" Mk-II barrel extended guns on my armored cruisers seem to find it practically impossible to penetrate (not even partial pens, just completely blocked) just over 4" of belt armor on a light cruiser at 1.5/2km even at the most favorable angles. And no, these weren't deck hits, these were full on belt hits from 90 degrees or close to it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StoneofTriumph said:

Armor penetration is still messed up.

Starting in 1900, the 9.4" Mk-II barrel extended guns on my armored cruisers seem to find it practically impossible to penetrate (not even partial pens, just completely blocked) just over 4" of belt armor on a light cruiser at 1.5/2km even at the most favorable angles. And no, these weren't deck hits, these were full on belt hits from 90 degrees or close to it.

Yeah, idk what is going on, but I definitely like battleships have been extra useless this update.  I lost a 1915 battle with my four 2x14" guns to two cruisers because I couldn't pen them and they were lobbing non-stop HE at me.  At distance I wasn't accurate enough to hit them to pen their decks, and up close I wasn't able to pen their armor.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

The Shared Design feature doesn't seem to work.

What I'm doing: create a shared design. Go to custom battles. Select the shared design as my own ship.

Click battle.

The game designs a random ship anyways. 

I was really hopeful about this feature as I'd like to do subscriber tournaments. Can you please look into this problem?

• Like 10

While this update is certainly better then the 1.09 dumpster fire, there are some thing that could use fixing, notably:

-muzzle velocities for large guns (16in+) are way lower than they should be, currently they are about 20 percent slower than real life examples. 

-smaller guns have more  muzzle velocity than larger guns of the same length in calibers. 12"/60 guns have about 900m/s velocity, compared with about 700m/s for a 19"/60 gun

-too many deck hits at close range, probably has something to do with low muzzle velocities. 

-weird shotgunning effect from main guns at close range.  simple fix would be to limit the angle of dispersion to 1 to 5 degrees depending on gun mark.

-too many partial pens and overpens, even at close range. 

• Like 2

My main concern is the easy dissolution of nations... I wouldnt mind not having major nations only dissolve if they lost half their home provincies or something... started a 1890 Japan campaing... World War Everytime begins by 1894... by 1895 France and Spain no longer exist... the campaign loses half its fun...

• Like 1

Haven't played in a while, but upon starting a 1890 campaign as Japan, and touching absolutely nothing on the research screen other than allocating maximum funds to tech, by early 1892 I'm already listed as 'Advanced'. Other countries seem all to be behind in 1, sometimes 2 tiers of research depending on the research line itself.

I've reported this on earlier patches, but this absolutely needs to be fixed. An AI that cannot keep up in research is ultimately an AI that cannot compete. AI's number one priority, above all else, should be to allocate the tech budget to maximum. As a player I can do that turn 1, no issue, so I don't see why the AI would struggle.

don't know if this is a bug or not..

1900's france, in a battle with the astro~

just had a match where the enemy survived 6+ torps in a light cruiser with just anti torp 1 and was completely god sending with water repairing,  well over "half" of the water coming in as damage each "tick"... and when it was just a few pixels before "sinking due to flooding" it was doing even LARGER amounts of water repairing to a point it was overtaking 6 entire torpedo holes in the ship (18 inch i should say), after eating straight 6 torps. and didn't sink until we (as i said i play with parsec, we really want this game to have multiplayer) had it on fire pretty much everywhere besides 2 spots to get it to sink..

the same talk about AI starting an engagement and then running away..

The enemy Heavy Cruiser having a 26 knot top speed, where me and my friend only could get upwards of 22.5 before the "overflow" of weight becomes to much at 22.6 knots

and in that same match that SAME light cruiser "shotgun us" with a ultra fast torpedo reload of under 15 in game seconds. we got mag dumped AFTER we torpedoed that ship with 6 torpedoes that hit everywhere on that ship, flash firing it and everything, and it just didn't sink after 30 minutes of non stop firing on it until damage control couldn't save it.

launching two torpedoes from the same torpedo tube in less than 15 seconds... instantly sinking one of my ships.

also love being 1km and the ai still miss 90% of the shots at a stationary target. while we are also stationary.

Already reported in game.

Started 1890 USA campaign.  Now around 1910.  AH fleet decides to park itself off my coast.  Since I am at war with them, I send my fleet (4 BBs, 6 CAs, 5 DDs) to take care of the enemy fleet consisting of 1 CA and 1 CL and  1 TB.  Got stuck on forever loading the battle, had to alt +f4 after reporting in game.

Reloading the save did resolve the issue, but it is concerning that this issue is present in the live version of the game.  If it helps, I have had the game up for around 5 hours before this issue cropped up.

“By reading the above you may have noticed the sheer amount of new content, therefore, it is expected the game to have a few unresolved minor issues or unrefined details, arguably fewer than other games in full release status but we must address them before fully releasing Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts. This is why we cannot yet announce the release date, as we will need some days to polish the game.

After the full release, Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts will continue to be supported for at least 6 months, as we will keep adding even more features, ships, and any necessary fixes.”

Taking into consideration the game is coming to the final stage after a long marathon, I must say I am worried to see some essential things still missing from the game. I will try to be as short and direct as possible, since this is a long list.

Part I

Chapter 1, the dockyard:

- Changing the hull draught will not have any impact on the spotting range, but will impact the ship detectability.

- Changing the barrel length will influence the turret weight, however will not have any impact on the turret turn rate.

Chapter 2, hulls & superstructure missing:

Germany:

• Aft superstructure from the H39 is missing that would allow the late BBs & BCs to have two funnels.
  • Superstructure and hulls to design the P, D and O class cruiser and battlecruisers.
  • Konigsberg cruiser
  • Nuremberg cruiser
  • Scharnhorst-class cruiser / Roon-class cruiser / Prinz Adalbert-class cruiser / SMS Prinz Heinrich (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure designs)
  • Fürst Bismarck cruiser
  • Victoria Louise-class cruiser
  • Kaiserin Augusta cruiser
  • Hulls and superstructure components to design and build the different german destroyers variants.

Spain:

• Destructor hull (the first destroyer)
  • Canarias-class cruiser
  • Almirante Cervera-class cruiser (similar to the british Emerald class cruiser)
  • Blas de Lezo-class cruiser
  • Navarra-class cruiser

France:

• Algérie-class cruiser
  • Suffren-class cruiser / Duquesne-class cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure designs)
  • La Galissonnière-class cruiser / Émile Bertin-class cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure designs)
  • Duguay-Trouin-class cruiser
  • Hulls and superstructure components to design and build the different french destroyers variants.

Britain:

• N3/G3 superstructure variants are missing. “Rodney battleship”
  • York-class cruiser
  • County-class cruiser
  • Hawkins-class cruiser
  • Fiji-class cruiser / Town-class cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure designs)
  • Arethusa-class cruiser / Leander-class cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure designs)
  • Dido-class cruiser
  • Emerald-class cruiser / Danae-class cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure designs)
  • Arethusa-class cruiser
  • Hulls and superstructure components to design and build the different british destroyers variants.

USA:

• Alaska superstructure is missing.
  • Baltimore-class cruiser
  • New Orleans-class cruiser
  • Portland-class cruiser / Northampton-class cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure designs)
  • Pensacola-class cruiser
  • Cleveland-class cruiser
  • Brooklyn-class cruiser
  • Atlanta -class cruiser
  • Omaha-class cruiser
  • Chester-class cruiser
  • Texas battleship (1889)
  • Indiana-class battleship
  • Iowa battleship (1893)
  • Kearsarge-class battleship
  • Virginia-class battleship
  • Connecticut-class battleship
  • Mississippi-class battleship
  • Delaware-class battleship
  • Florida-class battleship
  • Wyoming-class battleship
  • Pennsylvania-class battleship
  • Lexington-class battlecruiser
  • Hulls and superstructure components to design and build the different american destroyers variants.

Part II coming tomorrow.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Just now, o Barão said:

“By reading the above you may have noticed the sheer amount of new content, therefore, it is expected the game to have a few unresolved minor issues or unrefined details, arguably fewer than other games in full release status but we must address them before fully releasing Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts. This is why we cannot yet announce the release date, as we will need some days to polish the game.

After the full release, Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts will continue to be supported for at least 6 months, as we will keep adding even more features, ships, and any necessary fixes.”

Taking into consideration the game is coming to the final stage after a long marathon, I must say I am worried to see some essential things still missing from the game. I will try to be as short and direct as possible, since this is a long list.

Part I

Chapter 1, the dockyard:

- Changing the hull draught will not have any impact on the spotting range, but will impact the ship detectability.

- Changing the barrel length will influence the turret weight, however will not have any impact on the turret turn rate.

Germany:

• Aft superstructure from the H39 is missing that would allow the late BBs & BCs to have two funnels.
  • Superstructure and hulls to design the P, D and O class cruiser and battlecruisers.
  • Konigsberg cruiser
  • Nuremberg cruiser
  • Scharnhorst-class cruiser / Roon-class cruiser / Prinz Adalbert-class cruiser / SMS Prinz Heinrich (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure designs)
  • Fürst Bismarck cruiser
  • Hulls and superstructure components to design and build the different german destroyers variants.

Spain:

• Canarias-class cruiser
  • Almirante Cervera-class cruiser (similar to the british Emerald class cruiser)
  • Navarra-class cruiser

France:

• Algérie-class cruiser
  • Suffren-class cruiser / Duquesne-class cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure designs)
  • La Galissonnière-class cruiser / Émile Bertin-class cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure designs)
  • Hulls and superstructure components to design and build the different french destroyers variants.

Britain:

• York-class cruiser
  • County-class cruiser
  • Hawkins-class cruiser
  • Fiji-class cruiser / Town-class cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure designs)
  • Arethusa-class cruiser / Leander-class cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure designs)
  • Dido-class cruiser
  • Emerald-class cruiser / Danae-class cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure designs)
  • Arethusa-class cruiser
  • Hulls and superstructure components to design and build the different british destroyers variants.

USA:

• Portland-class cruiser / Northampton-class cruiser (very similar designs with minor differences in the hull and superstructure designs)
  • Brooklyn-class cruiser
  • Atlanta -class cruiser
  • Omaha-class cruiser
  • Chester-class cruiser
  • Iowa battleship (1893)
  • Hulls and superstructure components to design and build the different american destroyers variants.

Part II coming tomorrow.

"a 5 part series coming soon near you"

3 minutes ago, o Barão said:

Part I

Chapter 1, the dockyard:

Germany:

• Konigsberg cruiser
  • Nuremberg cruiser
  • Fürst Bismarck cruiser

Spain:

• Canarias-class cruiser
  • Navarra-class cruiser

France:

• Algérie-class cruiser

Britain:

• York-class cruiser
  • County-class cruiser
  • Hawkins-class cruiser
  • Dido-class cruiser
  • Arethusa-class cruiser

USA:

• Brooklyn-class cruiser
  • Atlanta -class cruiser
  • Omaha-class cruiser
  • Chester-class cruiser
  • Iowa battleship (1893)

Part II coming tomorrow.

also love the sheer amount of stuff america is missing

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Werwaz said:

While this update is certainly better then the 1.09 dumpster fire, there are some thing that could use fixing, notably:

-muzzle velocities for large guns (16in+) are way lower than they should be, currently they are about 20 percent slower than real life examples. 

-smaller guns have more  muzzle velocity than larger guns of the same length in calibers. 12"/60 guns have about 900m/s velocity, compared with about 700m/s for a 19"/60 gun

-too many deck hits at close range, probably has something to do with low muzzle velocities. 

-weird shotgunning effect from main guns at close range.  simple fix would be to limit the angle of dispersion to 1 to 5 degrees depending on gun mark.

-too many partial pens and overpens, even at close range. 

Try putting -20% length on a 1940 16-inch gun. It's like a cross between a mortar and a shotgun, lol.

17 minutes ago, o Barão said:

Part I

Chapter 1, the dockyard:

Germany:

• Konigsberg cruiser
  • Nuremberg cruiser
  • Fürst Bismarck cruiser

Spain:

• Canarias-class cruiser
  • Navarra-class cruiser

France:

• Algérie-class cruiser

Britain:

• York-class cruiser
  • County-class cruiser
  • Hawkins-class cruiser
  • Dido-class cruiser
  • Arethusa-class cruiser

USA:

• Brooklyn-class cruiser
  • Atlanta -class cruiser
  • Omaha-class cruiser
  • Chester-class cruiser
  • Iowa battleship (1893)

Part II coming tomorrow.

I would be okay with a follow-on DLC to cover some of the more obscure/theoretical hull and superstructure designs. The amount of missing designs for the USA is pretty ridiculous though. At least AH has the excuse of not having any designs past WW1.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

also love the sheer amount of stuff america is missing

1 minute ago, anonusername said:

The amount of missing designs for the USA is pretty ridiculous though.

And there are more 3 standard BB variants that I didn't include on the list. They have only minor differences that I didn't think it was worth it to be on the list.

• Like 2

So I'd really, really like to play this game now, but it seems with every patch a game breaking bug pops up. Right now I cannot move ships to a new to save my life. I select my squadron and send them to the port I would like them to go to. The game parks them right outside the port. I try sending them out to sea to sit around in the Atlantic for a turn, and then send them to their new port. The game still thinks their in the original port and it won't even let me move the ships. Usually after a few turns and frustration spent, I can get the ships into port, but it is way harder than it ever should be!

I sent in a bug report for this, as it makes playing the game nearly impossible. I try to have at least a ship or two at all of my ports, and even design super-light cruisers for this task, but I can never seem to get the game to let me actually send the ships to ports now.

Until this critical bug is fixed, the campaign is basically unplayable. If at war, I can't bring a fleet home for repairs. They just sit there right outside of port.

I seriously cannot believe this beta was released in this condition.

If what I am hearing about the penetration bug is true, its an even worse scenario as that was spoken of highly in the beta threads, but just ignored or talked around. The fact that these bugs are in a public release is honestly upsetting. I expect this in a beta patch. That's fine. I run the betas to have fun with new features, and if I have to stop playing for a few days because of a bug... Fine. But when they go live, it is a long wait for patches and the next update.