Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.1 Feedback<<< [RC 6]

Nick Thomadis

Yeah what a mess so far with the update from an actual standpoint of gameplay.. on my first non speed run game for like 3 years to test how it goes(a more of a non just 3 years of playing and dropping, more of a more full gameplay), list of so far what has happened, and it goes by time, so alot of info

USA, 1890 Start, Non-Historical, Normal AI, Things I Have Seen (literally in just 1895, so 5 years) passive gameplay mothballed and research up January 1895, 2.1 billion dollars (not for long) is when i started typing this

Performance has degraded once again and just EATS up time doing nothing, single nations at war (1v1 battle), and each turn is upwards, of not even kidding 5 minutes to 10 minutes, with full game lock up's, with the game doing perhaps 3 conflicts/ machine fighting, and thats it? that and some ships being finished, the single core aspect of this game seems to get worse and worse with each update, and not to beat a dead horse, but a ryzen 5 3600 at 4.2+ ghz overclock shouldn't need to wait 5+ minutes for "nothing" (in terms of the player doing something) each turn compared to what was 1.09 perhaps, 1 minute at most until you got the "update mission of slow death". i understand that the 3600 is a rather "budget" cpu already but i really don't think its necessary to need to fully upgrade anyone's pc just to get load times lower. The way i see my CPU usage, it looks like its using 3 cores or is it 2 cores one thread no idea, but its alternating in perfect unison of when one stops the other picks up.

GPU utilization goes up to (rtx 3070) to 100% just looking at the map. could be just my DLDSR to 4k, but i have had alot of other games deal with the same thing of a menu just idling at 15-20%.

The conflict started in April of 1894, and its currently February of 1895, not kidding about the 5 minutes of waiting, so far i have waited 50 minutes on hanging... have not even built a new ship since the 1890's, nor in a conflict, going to do so now. i play a decent amount of RTS, but this is by far the longest of just waiting.

December 1895, we are at 7+ minutes at each turn. The amount of time wasting on waiting.. imma have to stop hear for now 2+ hours for 8 minutes of content im just gonna drop until i get more time

in total i waited just about 1.60~ hours on just waiting, i want to do other stuff.

Edited by Stephensan
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Urst said:

I feel the same way about the French, Soviets, Fascist Italy, and the British, yet I don't complain about their flags being there.

The Soviets tried to kill my Grandfathers family for being Jewish landowners and the Fascist Italians tried to kill my Grandmothers family for being landed nobility. The British are the Eternal Enemies of the U.S. no matter what the government says, and the French are universally rude and stuck-up.

Being German, American Indian and sigh, French. I agree also please tell me in all my decades of study, there is not one group on this planet guilty of atrocities. But you said a universal truth the French are rude and stuck-up. It's not the flag, it's the idiots that lead. What about the happy 😊 face flag? Also how about " What do you do with a drunken sailor" for music during naval battles? 

• Like 4

What a fascinating hipocrisy all over here! You can not cancell history! You just want to show you are in line with modern ideology. Do you know what Ottomans ,Italians, Belgians ,Japanese or British did? All colonial/major powers did horrible things. Remove their flags! Replace them all with pinky bears and butterflies! I don't mind any flag or symbol being represented in the game although my country was being destroyed, ruined and mollested by most of the flags in the game. It is history. Flags did not kill people. People killed people. Politicians made nations suffer 

This is naval historical game! I see solution in menu option to turn historical flags off and replace them with neutral/made up so even highly sensitive people can play without being disturbed.

Also, dissolution of the countries shoul'd be remowed. They shoul'd change governmant and suffer GDP drop, not being erased from the map.

• Like 7

Petition to make the flag of a minor country also the flag of the Navy for now (replace white flags)

2022-12-25-09-15-14.png

4 minutes ago, Mike5556 said:

Finally invaded China through Burma, fell like I got what I asked for now to figure out how to load screen shot. I fell like I stepped on a fire ant nest.  Just lost four battleships to torpedo boat swarm.

I use Postimages and insert from URL

932823832.jpg

Edited by Lima
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mike5556 said:

Will and are we able to name ships?

15 minutes ago, Urst said:

We can name classes, so the lead-ship in a class. We cannot rename ships last I checked.

In the "Fleet" tab, you need to click on the name of the ship, and then you can rename any ship.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mike5556 said:

I normally don't like multiplayer games, bad experience with cheaters. But this game I would make an exception. It would be nice to try out designs against real people.

I suppose that's what the shared designs feature is for. Share your design with someone else and use your own design to fight against it. Use the AI on your ship too if you want to make it fair. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, o Barão said:

This is probably to avoid any possible praise of the stupid Nazism ideology. Not the case here.

Let's dismantle your argument.

The Nazi flag bothers you, but you don't have any issues with the Soviet Union flag in the game? You want to compare the horrors by these two fascist regimes? Maybe you didn't know that 4 millions Ukrainians died in the Holodomor? Maybe you are already forgotten the suffering population from the occupied nations from East Europe in the hands of the soviets after WW2?

Poland, East Germany, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia.

And I am not mentioned the numbers of Russians who died or that were forced to go to the Gulag in Siberia because of this terror regime because in reality, no one knows how many millions they were.

So why the Soviet flag but not the Nazi flag? Maybe because they were on the winning side? That is your reason? Because England lacked the balls to declare war on them when they invaded Poland in 1939?

Are you telling me that only the Jews life matters?

You are starting to see the irony the moment you open the Pandora box?

Let's continue...

Imperial Japanese flag. Hated by 1.3 billions Chinese because of the Nanjing massacre and many other horrors the population suffered in the hands of the invaders. Maybe we should ask the Chinese if they don't have any issues with this flag in game, right? Is only fair.

Spanish, Portugal and USA flags are in the game? Are the Native Americans suffering not important?

British flag? The greatest drug dealers from the XIX century in game? Are we praising drugs now?

I can find terrible horrors for most countries in game. Are we going to ban everything and hide behind the carpet now? Ignore history? To pretend it never happened?

History is there for anyone to read, study and learn from the mistakes from the past, so we don't do the same in the future.

History flags should be the default option.

And if you want to mod them, here is my suggestion to all the snowflakes out there.

yMbCjNi.jpg

Pokémon flags for all the countries that in some way hurt your feelings.

I wanted say a few words about "feelings", but all the time when I start writing somehow I ended angry with very aggressive post(almost to encourage killing people). Nazi German and Soviet Union made a horrible things to my family, to my people and this is not a stupid statistic, but graves with unpleasant history that affected me a person born after the war! Until this day I can spotted a empty villages, where German people murdered all the people. I am strongly opposite to make a new history with flowers, without German, who followed Nazi ideology, with a new flags etc. 

Thank you o Barão for described the problem in very calm and kindly way. Thank you for your memory. Thank you for protecting the truth and us. You described the issue perfect. I was not able to do that, because of my feelings. 

And The PC Collector if a some symbols make you uncomfortable, maybe next time you and your people don't hide behind "feelings" and close eye on these symbols but maybe face them and fight with them like people who died from them. I doubt if it will be cool to start calling the war and war crimes on Ukraine as "special operation" and "special treatment of individuals, who are not willing to follow Putin". And maybe we should replace a phrase "Russian soldiers" by more friendly name as "green people" or "liberty army" because maybe some could feel not positive feelings or make them uncomfortable.

This is not a political forum. This is "stupid" game. The best way to resolve the issue is simply give the option turn on/off. Until this moment we don't have this kind of flags, no big deal, I more prefer to play than start talking about small details. (we have more important topics) But on the moment, when someone want change history, want to make someone more saint than it was in reality I must say stop. I don't care about some flag on ship (I will don't noticed it probably), but when you change some details, because of silly reasons, that is not okay. Not a symbol, but the actions, not history, but a  way when you want forgotten some truth, not to tolerance something, but to close eye on one bloody regiment, on the one kind of crimes against humanity, but you neglected other crimes. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Norbert Sattler said:

After countries became dissolved I keep seeing their armies tries to conquer land they used to own, but always failing. Has anyone had one of those uprisings succeed? Can this bring a dissolved major back into the game? And if so, are they again a major or are they demoted to being a minor nation?

Yes Spanish soldiers are taking back Spain. Their flag has reappeared in the diplomacy screen.

• Like 1

Just a friendly reminder that in a much larger strategy - hoi4 - Germany does not have the swastika. Each of us already understands what is behind this flag. If the swastika can cause any problems for the game, I prefer not to have it. In the future, of course, I would like to be able to optionally turn on/off (I use mod in hoi4), but for now this is not a priority.

• Like 4

Just made an account to comment on the absolute state of this thread. I figured we would be prioritizing the discussion of various bugs and issues and not going on long tangents that attack people personally about some flags. Like seriously, they are PNGs. If you don't like the flags that are in-game... guess what? You can replace the PNGs. FFS guys can we keep the topic to the glaring issues instead of clogging this thread with your political ramblings?

That being said, my 1890 japan game has started to run significantly better since Hotfix 2, so we are making progress. However, bugs do still abound and the "Peace Treaty" option, even if accepted, just gives me some funny naval prestige and cures some unrest without the popup for peace.

12 minutes ago, admiralsnackbar said:

For those of you who have done naval invasions, I am trying to invade okinawa with a  fleet from hangzhou. The mission thing in the left hand side is shown and the line from my port to the enemy target is also shown, but the fleets are not moving. What am I doing wrong?

invasion.jpg

Your fleet has an operation radius. If you click near and not on they should move. Ran into same problem with Cuba. After that Sudan and Burma fell to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike5556 said:

Your fleet has an operation radius. If you click near and not on they should move. Ran into same problem with Cuba. After that Sudan and Burma fell to me.

ok, did that with a few fleets. Hard to tell if it's working. One of the fleets in that radius got put into a meeting battle. No progress bar? No notes to the player? 

59 minutes ago, admiralsnackbar said:

ok, did that with a few fleets. Hard to tell if it's working. One of the fleets in that radius got put into a meeting battle. No progress bar? No notes to the player? 

Yeah but once you get it it is easy. Took me awhile. We need instructions. I feel like a person trying to find my way in dark room.