Game-Labs Forum

Pearl Harbor

Hardlec

The map in the game is presented at 1890 in each era, so no Pearl Harbor for the US. There is a good option - to beat the Russians, they have good provinces near Japan.

I think for the introduction of Pearl Harbor, it will be necessary to rework the growth of port capacity, and there is also a need to somehow deal with independent Hawaii in 1890, but maybe for such an important thing as Hawaii, it is possible to make an event without working out the system of interaction with small countries.

Pearl Harbor base started construction in 1908 and continued until 1918 into what we mostly now recognize as the Pearl Harbor Naval Station.  Additionally, Hawaii did not officially become a US state until 1959.  So in oversimplified terms, the US leased the land Pearl Harbor was built on from Hawaii for a while if I recall correctly.

I could be wrong, but since the Development Team still needs to work on and implement the smaller nations into the campaign, it is very possible there might be an event associated with it much like how the canals are built now in popups.

14 hours ago, Suribachi said:

Pearl Harbor base started construction in 1908 and continued until 1918 into what we mostly now recognize as the Pearl Harbor Naval Station.  Additionally, Hawaii did not officially become a US state until 1959.  So in oversimplified terms, the US leased the land Pearl Harbor was built on from Hawaii for a while if I recall correctly.

I could be wrong, but since the Development Team still needs to work on and implement the smaller nations into the campaign, it is very possible there might be an event associated with it much like how the canals are built now in popups.

Yes, but in 1887 the US signed a treaty with the Hawaiian monarchy granting us exclusive use of Pearl Harbor, not just for commercial shipping of Hawaiian sugar exports, but for the repair and refueling of naval warships.  However, the harbor was small and had a narrow, shallow entrance, so the capacity was extremely limited, with a correspondingly small naval base.  Following annexation, it grew rapidly due to its excellent location, which could be done via event.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_Harbor

1 hour ago, SpardaSon21 said:

Yes, but in 1887 the US signed a treaty with the Hawaiian monarchy granting us exclusive use of Pearl Harbor, not just for commercial shipping of Hawaiian sugar exports, but for the repair and refueling of naval warships.  However, the harbor was small and had a narrow, shallow entrance, so the capacity was extremely limited, with a correspondingly small naval base.  Following annexation, it grew rapidly due to its excellent location, which could be done via event.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_Harbor

I learned something today.