Game-Labs Forum

Future mod ideas

Sapphire

So, after releasing my Mega mod. Which turned out to be a big success. I'm looking for ideas for what I should include in the next update of the mega mod. Do remember the AI gets access to the changes. Any really meme-like will be considered for the meme mod 

Current ideas are:

Larger caliber guns on CL and CAs 

Super heavy shells doing more damage, pen and longer reload with less of a HE fire chance

Light shells doing less damage overall but having a quick reload 

Gun accuracy fixes (Most likely not going to happen until after the upcoming update)

AI changes in terms of countering the player (I really need help with players testing it as I don't have the time to do campaigns non-stop to test it) 

• Like 1

If this interests you maybe some mods that boost research by 200% normally and if you are behind by 700%, or maybe make upgrades to the shipyard bigger, cost less and take less time (i know you already did this but i'm talking even bigger cheaper and shorter), another idea would be the ability to make all ships bigger than normal and heavier than normal. My last thought was making the modifications that go on your ship cheaper and lighter (not all of them but the heaviest ones if you know how to do that).

Those are just some of my ideas. ill probably have more later but this is just what a few hours of thinking gets me.

I love the mods in your mega pack by the way they have made the game interesting to me again.

I can also help with the ai thing i dont have anything else to do

Edited by Mundus_Dog

14 hours ago, Mundus_Dog said:

If this interests you maybe some mods that boost research by 200% normally and if you are behind by 700%, or maybe make upgrades to the shipyard bigger, cost less and take less time (i know you already did this but i'm talking even bigger cheaper and shorter), another idea would be the ability to make all ships bigger than normal and heavier than normal. My last thought was making the modifications that go on your ship cheaper and lighter (not all of them but the heaviest ones if you know how to do that).

Those are just some of my ideas. ill probably have more later but this is just what a few hours of thinking gets me.

I love the mods in your mega pack by the way they have made the game interesting to me again.

I can also help with the ai thing i dont have anything else to do

Hello, thanks for the idea. Changing all ships to be larger would require editing atleast 100 different lines which will take some time. I've already gotten a list of features together which hopefully will make the mod even better. As for the tech boost, that's going to be buffed a bit also. 

Just now, Cptbarney said:

I wonder if changing sounds could be a thing. Or shells doing some very strange things like tiny 51mms being nukes and ridiculous speed levels. For memes anyways (former can be more realistic if its possible (as in getting custom sounds in)). 

Maybe I haven't really messed with the sound files yet 

10 hours ago, Hussarball_PL said:

Is there a way to add absolutely bonkers modules? For example:
-Atomic Engine as Engine
-Railgun as propellant
-Krupp 2000 as armor
-Rocket propulsion as Torpedo propulsion
-and other wacky stuff

so on the last one unless its been fixed back when we could edit the save file, torpedo's stop working above 90knots period the end, they no longer hit anything because they move to fast for the game to detect the impact, and it's unreliable above 70knots 

26 minutes ago, Candle_86 said:

so on the last one unless its been fixed back when we could edit the save file, torpedo's stop working above 90knots period the end, they no longer hit anything because they move to fast for the game to detect the impact, and it's unreliable above 70knots

Oooh, I didn't know that. Interesting, thanks for info

21 hours ago, Hussarball_PL said:

Is there a way to add absolutely bonkers modules? For example:
-Atomic Engine as Engine
-Railgun as propellant
-Krupp 2000 as armor
-Rocket propulsion as Torpedo propulsion
-and other wacky stuff

Wouldn't be able to have custom modules but I could always rename them I believe. I've gotten torps past 100kn and they work most of the time, rail guns are quite easy to do if you want the shells to do more damage (The game doesn't like it when you mess with shell damage as a result muzzle velocity goes insane) as for the propellant I'll look into it.  

• Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 5:01 PM, Sapphire said:

Gun accuracy fixes (Most likely not going to happen until after the upcoming update)

AI changes in terms of countering the player (I really need help with players testing it as I don't have the time to do campaigns non-stop to test it) 

disable feature for adjust barrels length and diameter and I can test it as much as you want, also balancing accuracy for all calibers (now 8" and 12" are OP for no reasons) will be awesome!

I guess import/export ships as string etc. is too much for single simply mod? 

Maybe control AI for testing purpose? Counting the dmg (received and done) per caliber of gun and per ammo type (AP/HE) for single ship?

Maybe little different formula for armor:

Also maybe little different formula for Engine/speed as right now is too much?

Or manually making a point of the weight of the ship, to manipulate offset better? 

The ability to start war each turn? Example as event and you can start war? 

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, thejimyyy said:

can we have a option to create 800 mm gun ? like the gustav gun . also almost no limit for the hull size . i want to build a h35 battleship so bad 1_VzJ6ZqBwJySODBnpXF9PMA.jpeg.b960bed264

What cursed image did you use as a reference here?  Using the Akagi class aircraft carrier as USS Arizona?!?!

• 3 weeks later...

Could you make a mod to fix the fact that a bunch of the repeatable tech actually makes the equipment heavier instead of lighter? Like the gun machinery and towers get heavier while the entire hull and engines get lighter. The same for ammo, it gets heavier with the repeating tech even though the weight of ammo shouldn't really change significantly as its refined unless you up the size or caliber of your weapons. Another one would be the torpedo size tech which makes sense when your actually increasing the size of your torpedoes but once you hit the repeatable tech it makes no sense that the weight of the torpedoes would continue to increase as they are refined.

On 1/10/2023 at 11:44 PM, thejimyyy said:

can we have a option to create 800 mm gun ? like the gustav gun . also almost no limit for the hull size . i want to build a h35 battleship so bad 1_VzJ6ZqBwJySODBnpXF9PMA.jpeg.b960bed264

Jesus that things guns must be the size of a small cruiser! It must be shooting at least 40" cannons. That thing would never float...