Game-Labs Forum

Current Repair system adjustment

Other threads have talked about options, but I still support repair as a crew focus option, perhaps as a new skill or tied in with survival. Total repairs are limited only by repair supplies that are available on board and crew numbers.  This seems realistic, and interesting for gameplay.  It would need working and testing obviously.  It would also be realistic to have very minor repairing going on while in the midst of fighting if supplies and crew are available.  There would be an effort to plug holes and such going on even while under fire.

I like the idea repairs are tied to with survival. I also would like a focus in survival mode (kinda like selecting ammo type). You have the option to either; fix leaks, remount guns or repair. When the fix is made, you then need to select the next activity.

I think in survival you can remount guns at a very slow rate (faster if repair kit is used) this could also be used for ships hull and sails and depending on which you want to repair you suffer a penalty like if you choose to fix sails top speed reduced