Game-Labs Forum

Upcoming “Update v1.09” News [07/10/2022]

Nick Thomadis

On 9/24/2022 at 5:42 PM, SonicB said:

"National flavour" has no place in a game that's supposed to let you design ships the way you want them.

I think there's room for a bit of middle ground here. I would like to be able to use hulls from other nations, but I would still like there to be a different feel when playing as various countries—otherwise I'll end up gravitating toward the hulls I feel are best for the task, and my fleets will look similar. I don't know what the final research tree system is intended to look like, but I could imagine developing particular components and paying a penalty in cost or research time if I choose to deviate from what's "normal" for my nation. So I could have an N3/G3 hull as the United States, it would just be more expensive or take longer to design, incentivizing me to go with a Standard Type hull form instead.

Edit: You could even make it easier/cheaper to develop a hull that other nations already have or buy designs directly from them—possibly at the risk of diplomatic penalties or losing a ship under construction, depending on the political situation (poor Greece 😥). 

Edited by AdmiralKirk
  • Like 6

On 9/12/2022 at 6:28 AM, SodaBit said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that hull forms shouldn't be restricted by nationality in the campaign. An AI with "historical personality" should learn more towards using hulls that its nation historically used, but seriously, there's no real reason I can think of that should stop folks from using the hulls they want to use. This isn't just going to be a problem for USN players. Between the years 1909 and 1915, Great Britain gets access to Dreadnought 3, 4, and 5, but a decent number of players won't use them, myself included, because the lines of this hull are based on SMS Seydlitz, meaning they can be a royal pain in the ass to balance, and limit the player's options with regards to armament layout. I really don't see why we can't give players the option of choosing what their hulls look like, as players who want to experiment with new designs would be able to do so, and players who want to go with more historically authentic designs maintain their ability to do so.

My take in the problem.  Allow for nations to hire other nations to build ships with THEIR technology, under YOUR specification (with a proffits  of course). That is realistic and solve the problem.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TiagoStein said:

My take in the problem.  Allow for nations to hire other nations to build ships with THEIR technology, under YOUR specification (with a proffits  of course). That is realistic and solve the problem.

Alternative suggestions:

At the start of the campaign and then, very infrequently but still every now and then (maybe every few years, or after a crisis, or after x% industry improvement, whatever condition that makes it infrequent) trigger an event that allows you to choose new hulls. Hulls can be categorized in families (hulls that optimize stability, hulls that optimize speed, hulls that optimize load, gun placement, WHATEVER) and then you choose and switch from one to other.

Or convert it in a decision that can be triggered somehow by user but that is very costly in some factors. Maybe you need to retool your shipyards and it costs several years worth of production, or you have to research a new technology for X years, or you have to spend inordinate amounts of money or whatever...

• Like 2

===07/10/2022 Update===
Hello Admirals,
The first beta of version 1.09 is almost ready but some remaining critical bugs did not allow us to release it. These bugs could create highly inconsistent engagements ignoring the fleet control zones, crashes due to submarine mines or never-ending auto-refits in some rare occasions, and also the known turret rotation issue is not yet fixed (not critical though). 

We try to stabilize the beta so that it is enjoyable when we make it available for you. Due to the fact that the remaining critical bugs are few, we can guarantee that by early next week it is going to be ready.

Thank you for your patience!

The Game-Labs Team

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

===07/10/2022 Update===
Hello Admirals,
The first beta of version 1.09 is almost ready but some remaining critical bugs did not allow us to release it. These bugs could create highly inconsistent engagements ignoring the fleet control zones, crashes due to submarine mines or never-ending auto-refits in some rare occasions, and also the known turret rotation issue is not yet fixed (not critical though). 

We try to stabilize the beta so that it is enjoyable when we make it available for you. Due to the fact that the remaining critical bugs are few, we can guarantee that by early next week it is going to be ready.

The Game-Labs Team

Please take your time, don't hurry with the release. Comment your code good, don't overwork, we can wait as much as needed (at least me). It will be good testing when I have more than few hours to play before resetting saves and be able to report few things, after playing some time, not a big bunch of bugs even before first battle. Anyway I will w8 a few weeks before the more stable version. From last beta I have PTSD.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

===07/10/2022 Update===
Hello Admirals,

The Game-Labs Team

Looking forward to it. Happy times are back.

Tycondero_image_of_a_german_type_VII_Uboat_during_ww2_b7f12033-5cb6-4954-b801-0608bc27ca74.png

2 hours ago, Nascarboi22 said:

Where is the update it is almost the middle of the week 

Presumably they're still making sure it isn't broken, if that takes longer then it takes longer

It's not like they're hiding a working update from us just to be mean lol

14 minutes ago, Makko said:

Presumably they're still making sure it isn't broken, if that takes longer then it takes longer

It's not like they're hiding a working update from us just to be mean lol

Yes but working on a update needs beta testers you can’t find all the bugs before beta testing

• Like 1