Game-Labs Forum

Armor Weight is Wrong and Ghost Ships causing tension?

Alright, so I'm currently in the year 1893 and I've got Krupp I armor unlocked. When I go to refit my ships from their Harvey and Nickel-Steel armor to the "lighter" Krupp I armor, it works halfway correctly. The price goes up, but so does the ship's weight...remarkably so. It makes the ships so heavy that if I try to switch to Krupp I armor, the only way to keep the ship is to either downsize the guns, cut speed or cut armor thickness (neither of which is particularly desirable). However, if I create a new ship or replicate that exact same ship (not using the copy feature, because the problem gets copied right along with the ship), the armor weight situation is fixed and the Krupp I armor weight makes the ship lighter. Why is that? Is this a bug, or is it something else that I'm not aware of?

Next, either Austria-Hungary has been designated the "angry man" of my campaign, or I have a ghost fleet that sneaks out of port and harasses them frequently, because I have been in a near endless state of war with them since my campaign started. Playing as the French, all my ships are sitting in port, I'm at peace with everyone and then...-5.8 relations with A-H. Don't know why, I don't have a ship near their coast, let alone at sea nor do they have any ships near any of my ports. This persists for several turns. Finally, I have enough and just say, "Fine...you guys can have the Mediterranean," and move all my ships to the ports in Western France (i.e. the Atlantic Ocean). Next turn...-3.2 relations with A-H. This continues to persist until war breaks out and I am forced to send my entire fleet into the Western/Eastern Med to counter their task force of 11 BB, 28 CA, 12 CL and 3TB (basically HALF of their navy in 1894. The number of ships likely doesn't have an impact here since they were all at port until that turn, but the ungodly amount of ships is an entirely separate issue). At every turn, every random event, every ship movement...I had tried to improve my relations with A-H, but to no avail. They had no fleets near my ports, I didn't have any fleets near their ports, absolutely 0 power projection in BOTH regions of the Mediterranean, and yet...my relations did nothing but degrade to the point that it was more economical to go to war than just sit there continuously paying A-H to prevent war when my relationship with them would just get worse the next turn anyways. Not sure if it's because I decimated Germany in the war before (they had good relations with each other), or if it's because I had 0 power projection, or if it's literally just a bug/anything else.

TL;DR Krupp Armor works backwards when refitting older ships and my wars with A-H thus far can best be described by "I really don't know what the hell I did to make you this mad, but screw it...we'll fight you." Really don't know why either of these are happening, but I wish A-H would realize that I'm not provoking them.