Game-Labs Forum

Question about base accuracy and gun accuracy

Rucki

normally most things like towers, roll,pitch, beam, draught and smoke interference give all modifiers to the base accuracy of all guns, which I believe is only shown in battle summarized under "Tower&Hull" right ?

What I dont understand then: Why does the accuracy of placed guns in the designer also change when roll and pitch is changed ?

For example place down some guns, having yellow to red roll/pitch and the guns show 5% accuracy on 1Km. Now we change roll/pitch to better values and the guns accuracy on 1Km is now 7%. Not a big deal, but shouldnt that be under "base accuracy" instead of applying directly to guns ?

3 hours ago, Rucki said:

Not a big deal, but shouldnt that be under "base accuracy" instead of applying directly to guns ?

And it is.

Look at "Ship details" section in your right panel.

pzBRhqG.jpg

The first value modifier for pitch. Is the same thing for roll.

Why does the accuracy of placed guns in the designer also change when roll and pitch is changed ?

The pitch (and also roll) description already explains why.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, o Barão said:

Why does the accuracy of placed guns in the designer also change when roll and pitch is changed ?

Just to elaborate on  a little bit on the previous poster, Gist is the ship will roll and dip with the waves more drastically than other more stable ships. Makes aiming a pain in the ass if your bow dips enthusiastically into every trough, or every wave the ship threatens to roll over.

• Like 1

Yes but its already changing on "Base Accuracy" which is already a modifier you get for towers, roll,pitch, beam, draught and smoke interference (and maybe more things I dont know)

Why is it then also on top changing the guns accuracy (which is not the "base accuracy modifier"), this somewhat looks like a bug for me.

What I mean is: If a gun has hard stats like 10% accuracy and now the software say, if you have so much and so much Smoke Interference or Beam, Pitch and so on, this all will goe summarized into one big Modifier which we call "Base Accuracy". this modifier will then take the 10% from the guns accuracy and put the base accuracy on top, so f.e. +50% base accuracy would then add 5% accuracy to the guns accuracy for a total of 15%. That alls good and fine, but why is Pitch and Roll (and I think beam and draught as well) then ON TOP of that also changing the guns (hard stat) accuracy.

The in-battle tool tip is even more confusing, because if you look in battle to your gun it says f.e. @2,5 Km accuracy of 10%, then looking on the Hit Calculation window( the big one on the left side) there suddenly is a 14% accuracy shown at 2,5 Km on which it calculates the "Base Accuracy Modifier"+waves and such things which could be f.e. -50%, so then it shows a hit % of 7% which is correct, but why is it showing 14% before calculating the modifiers and not 10% like if we hover over the guns on the right side. The windows on the left shows all calculations, but the 4% must come from somewhere and its nowhere shown.

Edited by Rucki