Game-Labs Forum

CAMPAIGN | state of the tech research

ZorinW

We all know the state of the tech research is bad, so I started to compile the data on how bad it is. To make it easy to track I made a google spread sheet and noted down the years for the technologies and as of now marked every tech blue that has been researched after 20 years of 100% tech research. January 1890 - January 1910 (Nation:  Britain)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qBSDTWOqmd9RjPwd13QxO-8rBdUz1cPkI5Ol5FsYf7Q/edit?usp=sharing

The worst offender here is "Control Stations", which is 14 years behind. A close second is "Cruiser Design" with 12 years followed by "Boilers" and "Internals Protection" both 11 years behind. 

Ahead of schedule, so to speak, are only "Armor Forging" and "ASW".  The "Small Guns" are only partially ahead of schedule due to the fact that they are ranging from 2-inch to 8-inch and MK III is only reached up to the 4-inch.

So, it is a pretty big mess that needs sorting. I will keep updating the sheet as the campaign progresses.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ZorinW said:

We all know the state of the tech research is bad, so I started to compile the data on how bad it is. To make it easy to track I made a google spread sheet and noted down the years for the technologies and as of now marked every tech blue that has been researched after 20 years of 100% tech research. January 1890 - January 1910 (Nation:  Britain)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qBSDTWOqmd9RjPwd13QxO-8rBdUz1cPkI5Ol5FsYf7Q/edit?usp=sharing

The worst offender here is "Control Stations", which is 14 years behind. A close second is "Cruiser Design" with 12 years followed by "Boilers" and "Internals Protection" both 11 years behind. 

Ahead of schedule, so to speak, are only "Armor Forging" and "ASW".  The "Small Guns" are only partially ahead of schedule due to the fact that they are ranging from 2-inch to 8-inch and MK III is only reached up to the 4-inch.

So, it is a pretty big mess that needs sorting. I will keep updating the sheet as the campaign progresses.

By 1920 "Control Stations" is now 15 years behind. "Cruiser Design" 11 years, "Boilers" also 15 years and "Internals Protection" now only 5 years. "Gun Layout" is 6 years behind. " Turret Mechanism", "Hull Strengthening", "Hull Construction" are  2 years and "Big Guns", "Armor forging" and "Special Machinery"  3 years behind.

• Like 1

By 1930 "Control Stations" is 18 years behind. "Cruiser Design" is 11 years behind. "Boilers" 15 years behind. "Internals Protection" now only 3 years. "Gun Layout" is 5 years behind. " Turret Mechanism" is 6 years behind. "Big Guns" 8 years behind, "Armor forging" 5 years behind.

• Like 2