Game-Labs Forum

>>> v1.06-1.08+ Feedback<<<(17/8/2022)

4 minutes ago, aznfoo said:

not an issue with dispersion but more like your turret accuracy was sub 10%, which is an extremely low hit chance

If you look careful to where my mouse is, you will notice that the shells coming from all my ships are landing in the same area, a few hundred meters to the target starboard side.

This is nothing related to accuracy, it is an issue with shell's travel path according to where is the target.

8 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

The AI probably does not even fire at you, correct? Maybe he cannot even spot you at this distance. You can spend 1x life time doing circles at 50 knots and going away from the slower enemy. He will not spend his shells at you. Arguably, the game should make the AI try to fire at you not save ammo, but alas, we cannot think why a player would like to spend his time doing this. 

EDIT: Joking aside, I would have an aneurism if I spent my time doing circles like this and not try to enjoy a game.

7 hours ago, ZorinW said:

Again, what's with the attitude towards people who payed YOU to have a job in the first place and who are spending their time testing the product you deliver? 

By this point there are still many bugs presents in the game and the campaign is basically stale so people will try to make the most of what is there and if that leads to finding more bugs or possible exploits YOU should be GRATEFUL and not ridicule them!

Exactly this. With the devs' attitude of being openly disrespectful and mocking towards people who have paid them to do a job we should be getting paid for, they have demonstrated not deserving the time we are investing in doing good feedback reports and testing the limits of the game to find possible things which might need to be adressed. That without taking into account that most of the things we report aren't even adressed, or instead of recognising them as issues they blame them as our fault.

So, unless I can see a change in that attitude they're showing, as if we owed them something when it is exactly the other way around, this will likely be my last post here.

Be safe, everyone. And to Nick, congratulations. You have succeeded with your attitude on making me not want to spend another dime on anything related with you studio.

• Like 4

Yea so torps are still being fired in completely the wrong direction... This is apparently a "save" launch...

image.thumb.png.668c9c85932a379d99fad72fe9212150.png

DD vs DD, I dunno maybe they spotted a Whale and decided it was a better target... 0.3km range for what it's worth. This kind of thing straight up just makes the game tedious at times, when it really has the potential to be great. 

• Like 2

Happened in naval mission "there can only be one" , turret 3 as seen in illustration can shoot aftwards through main turret despite being below turret 2 and nearly in line with the main tower giving it a 360 degree shooting angle.

ua admiral.jpg

Been playing the campaign, I like playing Germany and starting in 1890.  My fleet is in port, not being aggressive as far as I can tell.

And yet, around month 8, there is always a sudden, dramatic turn of relationship with Britain.  -9 or 10 per month until we're at war.

Something feels broken as I've now done this with about 5 campaigns.  It shouldn't be that repeatable.  Gets frustrating knowing that by the first month or two of 1891 I'm at war with Britain.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MKsuper said:

Happened in naval mission "there can only be one" , turret 3 as seen in illustration can shoot aftwards through main turret despite being below turret 2 and nearly in line with the main tower giving it a 360 degree shooting angle.

ua admiral.jpg

There are many problems like this. Unfortunately I think we have to accept this will never be perfect and that it would be unreasonable to expect it to be so. 

There are spots on the N/G hull where a secondary can have a 270 degree arc, firing through the primaries. Many casement guns,  both on superstructures and hulls can fire through objects in front of them, turrets, funnels etcetera.  Some can, some can't. 

It comes down to the fact that this is a game, with limited resources and not a simulation. If it was a genuine simulation, it would probably not be fun to play. 

Doesn't mean that you shouldn't report it as a bug, I just wouldn't expect an immediate fix. Personally I think there are many things that should be fixed ahead of this type of issue at the moment. 

@Nick Thomadis UAD academy feedback (part II)

QqVFFaf.jpg

Wounded beast mission. The allied BC fleet start the battle facing the wrong direction.

ZEP5Pdb.jpg

Cruisers needed mission. The fleet start the battle facing the wrong direction.

a6qcvpQ.jpg

Defend your convoy mission (more funds option). It is possible to overwhelm the lonely BC with many cheap destroyers. Maybe would be best to limit the number of ships the player can have to increase the difficulty.

Edited by o Barão

On 8/23/2022 at 9:10 PM, kjg000 said:

There are many problems like this. Unfortunately I think we have to accept this will never be perfect and that it would be unreasonable to expect it to be so. 

There are spots on the N/G hull where a secondary can have a 270 degree arc, firing through the primaries. Many casement guns,  both on superstructures and hulls can fire through objects in front of them, turrets, funnels etcetera.  Some can, some can't. 

It comes down to the fact that this is a game, with limited resources and not a simulation. If it was a genuine simulation, it would probably not be fun to play. 

Doesn't mean that you shouldn't report it as a bug, I just wouldn't expect an immediate fix. Personally I think there are many things that should be fixed ahead of this type of issue at the moment. 

As of now from my experience the game only checks turret firing arcs based on obstacles for turning radius from the turret. In this case however, the turret passes this check allowing it to fire. I think a height check could solve this issue of firing through the main tower, but I do agree that its minor.

Edited by MKsuper

So I got two glitches to report in. Don't know if these have been mentioned already but i'm gonna show them anyway. 

1.  Unable to start battle due to enemy not having certain units. OK so the other day I attempted to have a battle with me having one Battllecrusier and three Light Cruisers and the enemy having three Heavy Cruisers and four Destroyers. I try to start the match but this message keeps popping up: Design invalid: Can not build: Select ship of required type. So it turns out the game is trying to build units that me and the A.I don't have. The A.I is trying to build a Battle Crusier even though it doesn't have that unit. Basically if you and the A.I don't share at least one unit of each ship type you have selected the game won't start. This happens in custom battle not sure if it happens in the other game types.
  2. Diesel and Gas Turbines are still being effected by boilers. So you know when you select a diesel engine or gas turbine the game grays out the boiler icon. Well when I made H-41 Battleship the engine efficiency was very low even though the ship wasn't that heavy or fast. So I changed it to geared turbines with forced boilers and the engine efficiency went to 100%. So I changed it back to diesel engine with out changing the boiler type and now its at 100%. So for some reason boilers still affect diesel engines and gas turbines even though they're not supposed to.

So after some UAD break i went at it again as AU, 1890 start on hard setting.

So far it is going well, Britain dissolved due economy, i regularly bash my head in vs the french where i got 3 small provinces. Currently i am at August 1916, and i started to wonder why i cannot field real fleet anymore (active fleet 25 ships, mostly DDs).

Upon some investigation i think i found the culprint: it is my ship maintenance and, at least from ym point of view seems to extremenly high. So here the feedback or question if that is intended or if i am doing something wrong / miss something.

Screenshot to elaborate:

InUAD_maintenance_v1_08.09_Live.thumb.png.310e8f8f7e51248565d7490d2d97bc15.png

• Like 1

Ship loss due to surrendering needs to be looked at 

My overwhelming taskforce vs a few enemy ships: 2 battleships start as surrendered due to low crew (apparently they had enough crew to steam to the battle, but then immediately surrendered, funny as i'm playing france). There is also no way to see this in the pre-battle screen....

I then continue to crush the enemy, but my low crew ships that are completely undamaged are lost forever.

When you win the battle and are in control of the 'field', surrendered ships should not be lost. In fact, I could argue that surrendered enemy ship should be captured as prizes. But at the very least I should be able to put some skeleton crew on my own ships and sail them home.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2022 at 12:34 AM, Ninja said:

Yea so torps are still being fired in completely the wrong direction... This is apparently a "save" launch...

image.thumb.png.668c9c85932a379d99fad72fe9212150.png

DD vs DD, I dunno maybe they spotted a Whale and decided it was a better target... 0.3km range for what it's worth. This kind of thing straight up just makes the game tedious at times, when it really has the potential to be great. 

something simula happend to me once

On 8/27/2022 at 10:32 AM, CapnAvont1015 said:

1. Diesel and Gas Turbines are still being effected by boilers. So you know when you select a diesel engine or gas turbine the game grays out the boiler icon. Well when I made H-41 Battleship the engine efficiency was very low even though the ship wasn't that heavy or fast. So I changed it to geared turbines with forced boilers and the engine efficiency went to 100%. So I changed it back to diesel engine with out changing the boiler type and now its at 100%. So for some reason boilers still affect diesel engines and gas turbines even though they're not supposed to.

It also affects the cost of the ship, so you may end up paying more than you need for the desired design without realising it. 

• Like 1

So I have reached 1920 in my French Grand Campaign and so far here is the list of improvments to make.

Truces - the 1910s for me has been a decade of near endless wars between Italy and Austria Hungary, truces would be a great addition to help spread out the wars. I kid you not I've had no less than 6 seperate wars between them both. increadibly frustrating to be fighting near endlessly with little downtime to just build and organise.

Expanded peace deals - these could include a 6 year truce, compensation per month or ceding a 'core' port.

Improved ai - the AI enters into turning mode for some reason and just wont stop, this is especially frustrating when you have to find the culprit in the fleet. I have reported this, just writting this here incase anyone else has the same issue. This also includes the ai producing sub-par designs post 1900.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zuikaku said:

And diesels also do not affect gunnery and in reality vibrations of diesels had certain impact on gun accuracy. 

Also is this project dead again?

What?

It didn't really effect the German CA/Panzerschiffe then, they were really good shots

11 hours ago, Karlchen said:

What?

It didn't really effect the German CA/Panzerschiffe then, they were really good shots

I have read german report stating diesels interfered quite a bit on the gunnery. Enough that Kriegsmarine never considered poweri g other capital ships with them. They were ideal for raider ships though.

Okay, so an update on the extended vacation of the Royal Navy in the Mediterranean. The British have still refused to move. As stated in the linked post where I first stated this issue, they started moving to Limassol around 1915 and haven't moved since. Well...it's now 1931 and nothing has changed from the situation in my original post. The same number of ships (all 172 of them) have been doing nothing but sitting in Limassol for roughly 10-16 years depending on the ship in question. The British just went to war with Germany and AH at the same time, and all the British had in the North Sea was 1 BB, 2 CA and 3 DD...against a German Fleet of ~70 ships (somehow didn't blockade them despite outnumbering them roughly 12 to 1)...I assume they lost that war, since those ships got sunk leaving them--once again--with no power projection and no ships everywhere but the Eastern Med. When it came to AH, I saw nothing in the info feed at the bottom left about a British Fleet clashing with an AH fleet. Not one single instance of the British Armada seeing action against AH. They left all the fighting to their Italian Allies. They are about to go to war with the Italians, and despite my best efforts to blockade the British Home Islands...relations with them aren't degrading (I'm not allied with them either) and they aren't really offending the Germans either.

Put plainly...the British simply refuse to do anything: they aren't building new ships, I assume they aren't refitting any ships (no events in the event feed saying otherwise), they aren't sending out task forces, and they haven't seen any combat in nearly 16 years. While I enjoy the research in peacetime that allows me to gain a leg up over my adversaries in technology...I've found that I'm not getting into near as many conflicts, and now that I'm trying to force a confrontation with the British, they refuse to oblige me (despite outnumbering me nearly 4 to 1).

@Nick Thomadis I am curious to know what your thoughts are on this or if you have an explanation. I personally think that they have so many ships (174 to be exact) that the AI is trying to save money by not doing anything with them since once you put them to sea, their maintenance costs go up. Yet despite this, they can still build new ships and their economy is still growing (slowly) despite them losing noticeable amounts of transports in the Med (but with a $25 million GDP, they shouldn't be able to keep that up).

Is it a bug? Is it possibly what I think it is? Is it just a case of extreme AI behavior and there isn't really anything wrong?

• Like 2

Hey - since the upper tech limits in the game tend towards the ridiculous anyway (100+ kiloton battleships & such) how come main battery weapons 9"-12" don't get a quad turret option? I know it's not historically accurate, but 6x quad 10" guns on a late game BC hull would be hilarious.

5 minutes ago, Dave P. said:

Hey - since the upper tech limits in the game tend towards the ridiculous anyway (100+ kiloton battleships & such) how come main battery weapons 9"-12" don't get a quad turret option? I know it's not historically accurate, but 6x quad 10" guns on a late game BC hull would be hilarious.

Sextupple 16" turrets were an idea. One that I want implamented. I want to build a Tillman.

Way to go! With the nonfunctioning campaign which even lacks basic elements and some historically based features like...you know... shore batteries what we need right now are some more fantasy turrets with 6 or 10 barrels sticking out and, why not, some 22" ,24" or, hell, why not 50" guns.