Game-Labs Forum

Turrets and torpedo mounts not turning

SonicB

It's a simple issue: the turrets and torpedo mounts on any fast turning ship regularly fail to point towards their targets during, or shortly after, a hard turn.

This is most common - and genuinely incredibly frustrating - in destroyer combat, especially when trying to launch torpedo attacks where timing is all-important. However, I've seen it happen with any design up to large heavy cruisers.

I've been hoping this issue would be addressed for over a year now, but I have to ask if it's actually intended behaviour at this point. If not, when will it be fixed?

Edited by SonicB

Others have said as much as well. I don't play many later dates so I don't notice it as much (less launchers), but I believe as of now it is intended. I think Nick said something along the lines of "We are already being lenient with the speed at which you can launch torps, so just slow down on your approach and as you go broadside."

2 hours ago, Littorio said:

Others have said as much as well. I don't play many later dates so I don't notice it as much (less launchers), but I believe as of now it is intended. I think Nick said something along the lines of "We are already being lenient with the speed at which you can launch torps, so just slow down on your approach and as you go broadside."

Torpedoes can be launched at any straight-line speed. I feel Nick must have been referring to a different issue, because this a) only happens when the ship is turning, and b) also affects guns.

There should be absolutely nothing in real life affecting the ability of a turret to rotate while a ship is turning.

On 7/4/2022 at 1:50 PM, SonicB said:

Torpedoes can be launched at any straight-line speed. I feel Nick must have been referring to a different issue, because this a) only happens when the ship is turning, and b) also affects guns.

There should be absolutely nothing in real life affecting the ability of a turret to rotate while a ship is turning.

If the ship is turning faster than the turrets can rotate, they aren't going to stay on the same bearing you want them too.

On 7/8/2022 at 12:52 AM, Jellico73 said:

If the ship is turning faster than the turrets can rotate, they aren't going to stay on the same bearing you want them too.

Not the issue.

Issue is turrets not turning at all when ship is turning fast, or has just finished turning.

Try it yourself with a destroyer.

Only time I've noticed this is if they're auto targeting and the turn out of the firing arcs. Manually reaiming, sorts it out and sometimes, they'll just fire whichever way they got stuck pointing as soon as you do

I ran BB only campaigns now, so the litter ship issues are no more