Game-Labs Forum

What is a "range found"? Why the enemy has range found while i dont? Literally unplayable.

MyTeitoku

Game is currently broken beyond playability. My ships never manage to hit anything. BBs are the worst offender.

Why exactly does the France AI get +420.1% accuracy for "Range Found" when I don't get any as German Empire?

I have aimed at AI for a long time so it has nothing to do with "aiming speed" or whatever.

(similiar from

)

And I'm not even beginning to talk about that my actual hit ratio is even lower because the game simply cheats. 

With a nominal 10% hit chance, I got 677 misses out of 677 tries. 

How is this even possible???? literally unplayable.

22 hours ago, Norbert Sattler said:

Look at the window at the bottom right.

Your ship is crewed by Cadets, the enemy's by Veterans. Crew experience makes a LOT of difference.

You should put some more money into crew training.

Not sure that should matter. Crew training is factored into the calculations. It's the fourth thing from the top from the screenshots.

And OP doesn't seem to have only a single turret firing on the enemy, so he shouldn't be blocked from the "range found" mechanic as well. If he's on the latest version, this should be a bug report.

1 hour ago, AurumCorvus said:

Not sure that should matter. Crew training is factored into the calculations. It's the fourth thing from the top from the screenshots.

And OP doesn't seem to have only a single turret firing on the enemy, so he shouldn't be blocked from the "range found" mechanic as well. If he's on the latest version, this should be a bug report.

The aiming goes in two steps, first the aiming and once you are aimed, the range-found modifyer goes up.

Experienced crews don't only increase the base accuracy, but also make those two things progress faster. Experienced crew is also less likely to lose target lock and having to start from scratch again and thus better able to reach high range-found bonus.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Norbert Sattler said:

The aiming goes in two steps, first the aiming and once you are aimed, the range-found modifyer goes up.

Experienced crews don't only increase the base accuracy, but also make those two things progress faster. Experienced crew is also less likely to lose target lock and having to start from scratch again and thus better able to reach high range-found bonus.

You'll note he does have target-lock, though. Notice how the guns are "Aimed" in the screenshots. 

While you are bringing up good points, this honestly seems to be a bug. He should have *some* range-found bonus. It doesn't need to be equal, but there should still be some.

Again, if OP is on latest version and not cheating, this should be a bug report.

On 6/18/2022 at 2:15 PM, AurumCorvus said:

His point about crew training was that, in the financials, you should bump crew train to 100%, always.  If a crew is cadets, their overall accuracy will be less than a veteran crew, assuming equal equipment.

And I'm sorry to pick on a player here, but I hope to help learn.  In this situation, he should be cutting the wedge, turning hard bow in.  Hopefully he's armored the prow more than the stern, and by presenting the angled side should suffer reduced or no penetration.  To me that looks like it's working as intended.  There are lessons to be learned here.

Well... not necessarily at 100% at all times. When you aren't building ships right now and all your existing ones are already on veteran, you can afford to save some money by pulling the slide more to the left.

Also when you aren't at war or soon going to war, 70-80ish is fine too.

Edited by Norbert Sattler

14 hours ago, UnleashtheKraken said:

His point about crew training was that, in the financials, you should bump crew train to 100%, always.  If a crew is cadets, their overall accuracy will be less than a veteran crew, assuming equal equipment.

And I'm sorry to pick on a player here, but I hope to help learn.  In this situation, he should be cutting the wedge, turning hard bow in.  Hopefully he's armored the prow more than the stern, and by presenting the angled side should suffer reduced or no penetration.  To me that looks like it's working as intended.  There are lessons to be learned here.

And while there are plenty of good tips in this thread (yours included), they're not the point. OP probably has a bug and that needs to reported. He should have some range found bonus because there is nothing in the UI that says he shouldn't. Accounted for crew training as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2022 at 10:55 AM, AurumCorvus said:

And while there are plenty of good tips in this thread (yours included), they're not the point. OP probably has a bug and that needs to reported. He should have some range found bonus because there is nothing in the UI that says he shouldn't. Accounted for crew training as well.

I've had 600%+ bonuses before but I can't say I saw a greatly improved hit rate, better, yes, but not by the amount this would suggest. I suspect that the figures are being misreported in the UI.

56 minutes ago, kjg000 said:

I've had 600%+ bonuses before but I can't say I saw a greatly improved hit rate, better, yes, but not by the amount this would suggest. I suspect that the figures are being misreported in the UI.

you can get the hit rate up to crazy high levels with the proper bonuses. With 305mm guns in a 3x3 i can easily get 95% chance to hit at 20km+

Edited by Hangar18

7 hours ago, Hangar18 said:

you can get the hit rate up to crazy high levels with the proper bonuses. With 305mm guns in a 3x3 i can easily get 95% chance to hit at 20km+

Yes, agreed, but I still don't think these huge 'range found' bonuses reported by the UI are real. When I get very high hit rates it's because I'm using high accuracy guns and equipment on a stable, well balanced hull with a veteran crew. When I see the range found bonus in the hundreds I can't see a corresponding increase in the hit rate. 

The 2", 8" and 12" anomalies are another matter and I have no idea why they exist.  I exploit them sure, you have to use what the game gives you after all. 

Edited by kjg000