Game-Labs Forum

Suggestion - Armory/ Ordinance

I’d like to suggest separating gun and ship development. With guns being designed in the armory section with only guns you have designed able to be selected in the ship designer. Also adjust ammo amount to be magazine volume with the amount of shells determined by how many shells would fit based on the gun design.

In this new armory section I would create my guns, such as a 4.5 inch 42 caliber auto loader and select all the relevant shell techs (size/propellant/explosive). Whether it’s a casement/single/double/triple/quad mount would still be part of the ship design process. 

This would let us design a ship that has a 15in main battery with enhanced reload and super heavy shells and auto loading secondaries with light shells. Lots of options for customization here. 

This could also give an option to add a mechanic for where a gun becomes cheaper the more it used because of economy of scale. Like using a 5in 38 on every ship…

A bit of a tangent here, I’d also like to see a limitation to how much you can adjust bore diameter. Today it’s up to +.9in I’d like to see +/- .5in as I find the current system easy  to abuse. Plus it could create a scenario where maybe you have to consider if a 4.5in based on a 5in or 4in gun is more useful. Like maybe the 5in based one has a higher velocity but the 4in based one is lighter.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2022 at 3:08 AM, Candle_86 said:

I agree, but I'd also like to limit it so we can select what to research, I'm tired of having to learn MK's of guns I'll never ever use.

This combined with the post from OP would be amazing hopefully this gets more traction in the forums.