Game-Labs Forum

Are Research Focuses Worth It?

Sandermatt

When applying a free focus I see the speed increase by a factor of 3. However every other research topic seems to loose one third of research speed. Given that there are mor than 6 other technologies this seems like a net loss of research output. On the other hand many research topics have no time information, are they not being researched at all? This would then change the calculation. It is a bit hard for me to figure out if choosing a focus is shooting myself in the foot in the long term and with 1.06 research actually matters.

• Like 2

Oh crap. I thought with the month time notation removed (didn't work), so was the research speed penalties.

Ok if notation removal is an accident/bug, fair enough, but if this is intentional, to hide the penalties from 'unwillingly' players, then that really sucks big time.

Bring back research speed notations. Be fair to the player.

Edited by Skeksis
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Skeksis said:

Oh crap. I thought with the month time notation removed (didn't work), so was the research speed penalties.

Ok if notation removal is an accident/bug, fair enough, but if this is intentional, to hide the penalties from 'unwillingly' players, then that really sucks big time.

Bring back research speed notations. Be fair to the player.

I think what they're referring to is the fact that the remaining time doesn't appear until the bar is a certain way across on the research bout 60% id say (that is completely off the top of my head estimate fyi)

• Thanks 1