Game-Labs Forum

Is it just me or has pitch completely messed up anything smaller than a battleship?

So I must be doing something wrong, because I cannot for the life of me get a destroyer below 30% pitch. If it has anything remotely resembling heavy armament it's impossible to get below 60/70%. Light cruisers and even heavy cruisers are pretty bad as well. Draught and beam adjustments don't really do anything obviously. They're useful for big ships, but that's it. I'm not even trying to do anything crazy, I thought maybe the game was trying to realism limit me but even Fletcher/Fubuki equivalents fire wildly hundreds of meters off target because of the pitch, it's insane.

So like I said I must be doing something wrong because the pitch is completely busted for me. Even a blank 1940 hull has like 35% pitch for a destroyer. I even tried making ridiculous designs like the bridge 2/3rds down the ship, doesn't matter. Nothing I do does anything. I'm using the Steam beta, is it just broken? I've had this issue since the pitch/roll patch was introduced.

Any help will be appreciated.

• Like 1

I am interested as well. 

Adjusting both roll and pitch seems very random.  It short, adjusting either roll or pitch is a matter of trial and error. It shouldn't be.    
The process is not documented.

My thoughts on this, which could, admittedly, be completely off line, are, what's NORMAL for a DD? I mean, obviously 33 or under is 'green', 66 and up is 'red', but the system is set up for ALL ships. Maybe, in a DD, in reality, what the system says is "high" is "normal" for a, in reality?

• Like 1

Yes it is way oversensitive on all hulls in my opinion. I don't think it would be too much of a problem if we had more freedom over where we place components, but if the superstructure takes up 80% of the length of the hull, the fore and aft guns have to be so far apart it hikes up the pitch value to unplayable

• 2 weeks later...