Game-Labs Forum

>>> Beta 1.06 Feedback<<< (FINAL UPDATE 6th Release Candidate)

Thats pretty extreme compared to what i've seen, but i am playing on normal ;).

Also don't know if this helps the devs any but observed somthing just now and confirmed it in custom battle. Whatever is causing the massive numbers of deck hits does not affect transports, ratios are what you'd expect for them when engaging at short ranges. I did build a couple of opposing CL's with 0 armour everywhere to test if that was a factor but they once again took endless deck hits and few belt hits.

Hope that helps finally find the cause.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Norbert Sattler said:

Yes, but a real fleet didn't need to worry about FPS, memory and crashes.

Also I doubt there was ever a case in history where any nation sent 167 ships after a single enemy.

Bismarck, Emden...

Another questionable VP calculation:

image.thumb.png.1c79ee52dd37ca91291eb54cf190dedb.png

image.thumb.png.599a65061b617746370173f8082ecdf5.png

No damage taken & only 1 crew lost, 2x CL sunk and they still get more VP?

Is the ammo i spend on sinking them more expensive than the ships themselfs or how does that work?

PS:

Oh and in the summary both of my ships show with "light" damage....

Edited by Zombie1914
PS added

43 minutes ago, Norbert Sattler said:

Really? I must have missed the documentary where those two were hunted down with more than 150 ships each...

Not by that numbers but the odds were overwhelming. Speaking about that, campaign needs some raider mechanics and missions. One raider can force AI or player to keep significant forces on concoy/sea lanes protection duties.

Edited by Zuikaku

There seems to be a problem with the larger sized guns.  Several patches ago you could tell when you used them or they were used against you.  Now they just aren't doing damage.

For instance I had ~21 17.5" hits give me only ~6K damage that was with 5 or so pens.  Most damage was in the 100 to 200 range and my 8.9" secondary was doing more damage than the 17.5" primary.  I started noticing this a patch or two ago but didn't comment on it.  16" seems to be ok (Or at least it's a sweet spot) but anything bigger just seems useless.

Torps are still causing way to many ammo explosions on capital ships

I wish you would do something about the cloaking devices being equipped on DDs and CLs (Maybe shelve those until Ultimate Admirals Star Fleet!) with a fully equipped (Radar 3+ etc) BB I can tell the instant they pop smoke they become almost unhittable.  Smoke does not equal stealth against radar fire controls.

Could you add an abdicate position option somwhere?

I'm currently in a campaign where I just can't go to war with anyone but France and bashing them over and over isn't very exciting anymore, since I already bombarded and blockaded them so badly they can't keep up economically and are consequently quite behind in technology.

It would be nice to get to the end of campaign screen without having to click through another two decades and a bit of nothing noteworthy happening...

HOTFIX II

- Fixed Task Force battles happening all over the place with merged doomstacks, ignoring actual task force zones and distances.
- Reduced effect of events for Naval Funds and GDP.
- Technology progress speed fine tuning.

You can restart Steam to receive the update. We are aware of some bugs that we will try to fix tomorrow. It appears that there is nothing so critical to prevent a full release for all the players very soon. After all, we will be able to provide more fixes after the full release.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, jtjohn1 said:

There seems to be a problem with the larger sized guns.  Several patches ago you could tell when you used them or they were used against you.  Now they just aren't doing damage.

For instance I had ~21 17.5" hits give me only ~6K damage that was with 5 or so pens.  Most damage was in the 100 to 200 range and my 8.9" secondary was doing more damage than the 17.5" primary.  I started noticing this a patch or two ago but didn't comment on it.  16" seems to be ok (Or at least it's a sweet spot) but anything bigger just seems useless.

Torps are still causing way to many ammo explosions on capital ships

I wish you would do something about the cloaking devices being equipped on DDs and CLs (Maybe shelve those until Ultimate Admirals Star Fleet!) with a fully equipped (Radar 3+ etc) BB I can tell the instant they pop smoke they become almost unhittable.  Smoke does not equal stealth against radar fire controls.

I have to wonder if that's because the flatter trajectory of the larger caliber shells. Idk. 

A lot of the damage from light caliber guns is shots to the superstructure or especially funnel which, if the explosive filler is good enough, can be devastating to the ship. 

Even with the new hotfix the AI seems to be rather doom-stack-y.

1895 and Austria-Hungary is having a stack made up of 9 BBs, 15 CA, 1 CL. Granted nothing near the top doom-stacks posted here, but it's still round-about half their entire fleet.

And the French have a stack of 4 BB, 21 CA, 38 CL and 11 TB... which is ALL their BBs and CLs, all but one of their CA and a third of their TBs.

Edited by Norbert Sattler

Disclaimer: The update before the hotfix an hour ago:

10 hours ago, Zombie1914 said:

- Inability to use conquered ports, i think that is campaign must have

That actually seems to work fine for me.

kM2QK7X.jpg

1ZM6UYs.jpg

In terms of diplomacy, I have had now wars with the French and GB. Italy loves me to much for going to war with the other as to outweigh any tension. The French have built up again to 60 ships after the last war, but I have to check because I suspect it to be mostly garbage. My GDP is kinda crap and shrinking because I am continously either at war with GB or the French or both. But I am making so much cash after a preace treaty that I dont care (very Japanese like after the Russo-Japanese War after Tsushima). Also running a profit on wartime budget with all sliders maxed and I dont need new ships. I recently built a series of another 11 DDs because I tend to loose some of them (or they get damaged a lot and are in dock) but thats it. 

When the first dreadnaught hull comes around in a decade or so, I can easily spawn-built 20, 40 whatever I want.

22 hours ago, CenturionsofRome said:

I have BEEN on ships. At deck level - two meters above the waves - I can EASILY spot a modern yacht -which are roughly the same size as TBs and DDs - at 10km without binocs. And that is WITHOUT a giant ass plume of coal smoke coming from a funnel sticking up several stories. 

Being unable to spot a tb at 5k after it has stealth launched torps is a BS mechanic. Being shot at by an invisible 10kt CA at 10km is a BS mechanic. Being shot at by an invisible 15kt BB at 12km is a BS mechanic. 

It is one thing if there is a storm or if it's night. But in that case NO ONE should be able to spot the other except at point blank range, and it would be a mutual spot. 

People have been calling for Spotting mechanics to be overhauled or removed for YEARS now, with math, charts, diagrams, personal, and historical testimony proving that the spotting mechanics are unrealistic - and the game markets itself as realistic -, ahistorical, and unfun.

Preach bro, this is all correct.

22 hours ago, havaduck said:

I have to pick this one in particullary because I have been there MANY MANY times and franky battle creation is one of the very sore points of this game. I dont know what design work has yet put into this, but its probably still early wip, and as such I can understand is. Howevery it can get REGURLALY most infuriating. 

Have an example of the actual game experiences: It took me ages to finally finding this shitship that has no chance of outrunning my DD on THE BEST WEATHER IMMAGINABLE  just because the spotting distance is fúcking 4,4 km!

zwGk4gE.jpg

Like, this game has so many behaviour switches that I, generally speaking, just want turned the hell off by default, but what it doesnt have is a "I-dont-care-WHERE-the-smoke-that-I-cant-see-in-the-skybox-is-just-put-you-fúcking-bow-in-its-direction"-button. Like what the hell, the smoke is north? compared to what? the flagship (which is which ship again?) the ship most north? the ship closes to the enemy (which I wont know ofc). Here in this example the DD went right past the cruiser. NO WONDER with 4,4 km spotting on something that is probably between 120-150 meters long.

I've been saying for ages if they are going to do this stupid smoke thing they need to give us relative bearings at least.

19 hours ago, Skeksis said:

Ships now move properly by designed speed and distances, the canal route would take one month off travelling time (early era).

Dev's should decide whether to disable the canal and have Kiel tension limited to the Baltic or enable the canal for direct access to the North Sea, to save one month of travelling (e.g. sending ships to the Mediterranean) and keep tension.

The map can't have it both ways. 

And despite all this talk about the Kiel Canal, we still cannot even transit the Strait of Messina....

10 hours ago, Zombie1914 said:

- Inability to use conquered ports, i think that is campaign must have

Yes, literally why would we bother to take provinces if we cannot use the ports for power projection with our fleet? How is this so hard to code? Before, Country A could use this port. Now, Country B can.

But of course, based on the way this game is being built, when they finally do implement port takeovers, I fully expect to see multiple nations trying to use the same port, including enemies, and the total tonnage will be like 250,000+ tons....

Ships are too much top heavy, to the point where it's just not fun to build ships anymore (this is not new, it started with the new citadel mechanics. Every time I fire up the shipyard, I want to close the game. Sorry, I'm a UA:D enthusiast but as it is now, I'm losing the will to play.

48 minutes ago, Littorio said:

I've been saying for ages if they are going to do this stupid smoke thing they need to give us relative bearings at least.

YES. How many times have I been told "Enemy smoke spotted North", I proceed North and the enemy is nowhere to be found! I turn on the AI and my ships turn East, because I had been sailing due North and the enemy was sailing Northeast!

I sure somewhere at the spotter's post there must've been some sort of compass. Provide an accurate bearing for the smoke! Or if you're going to stick with the cardinal directions, at least use the 16 instead of only 4! (E.G. instead of only North -> East, do North -> North-northeast -> Northeast -> East-northeast -> East.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scorpion said:

YES. How many times have I been told "Enemy smoke spotted North", I proceed North and the enemy is nowhere to be found! I turn on the AI and my ships turn East, because I had been sailing due North and the enemy was sailing Northeast!

I sure somewhere at the spotter's post there must've been some sort of compass. Provide an accurate bearing for the smoke! Or if you're going to stick with the cardinal directions, at least use the 16 instead of only 4! (E.G. instead of only North -> East, do North -> North-northeast -> Northeast -> East-northeast -> East.)

There are several things about this game where I imagine the developers could implement a temporary fix that would address the issue 90% of the way and take 1-2 hours to implement. 

I remember in the old admiral missions at high level where RDF would have a green or red target symbol on the ocean itself representing where the enemy ship/ships were. There is nothing as far as i can tell that would break the game if when smoke is *actually* spotted to show a target or a shaded silhouette of ship/ships where these things cannot be targeted by guns. I can't imagine that such a thing couldn't have been done like... 2 years ago. To some extent you can do this when warships that have their cloaking devices still active are firing at you, you can see where the shells are originating from and roughly guess where you need to go. 

I have not seen a single person on this forum defend the current system as fun, reasonable, or historically justified. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, admiralsnackbar said:

There are several things about this game where I imagine the developers could implement a temporary fix that would address the issue 90% of the way and take 1-2 hours to implement. 

I remember in the old admiral missions at high level where RDF would have a green or red target symbol on the ocean itself representing where the enemy ship/ships were. There is nothing as far as i can tell that would break the game if when smoke is *actually* spotted to show a target or a shaded silhouette of ship/ships where these things cannot be targeted by guns. I can't imagine that such a thing couldn't have been done like... 2 years ago. To some extent you can do this when warships that have their cloaking devices still active are firing at you, you can see where the shells are originating from and roughly guess where you need to go. 

I have not seen a single person on this forum defend the current system as fun, reasonable, or historically justified. 

RDF does make a green arrow on the map occasionally telling you the direction of enemies.

My biggest issue is with spotting itself, honestly, when I have a BB with a giant mast unable to spot a CA at 8 or 10km but the enemy has already spotted me and is firing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

HOTFIX II

- Fixed Task Force battles happening all over the place with merged doomstacks, ignoring actual task force zones and distances.
- Reduced effect of events for Naval Funds and GDP.
- Technology progress speed fine tuning.

You can restart Steam to receive the update. We are aware of some bugs that we will try to fix tomorrow. It appears that there is nothing so critical to prevent a full release for all the players very soon. After all, we will be able to provide more fixes after the full release.

Except for the freezing at loading screens, during campaign, and during custom battles. Oh and the extreme CPU usage when customizing ships yea its ready for release. There are a few major issues that still need dealt with before release i feel like.

13 minutes ago, Skeksis said:

pcA29I5.jpg

If you want to be cheeky I'll respond by asking you to find the reviews where people talk about how they enjoy chasing ships that are 6km away and invisible.

These things don't prevent the game from being good on net [i.e. mostly positive] but nobody says "Stealth surface ships chasing them down is part of what i like about this game"

Edited by admiralsnackbar
  • Like 7

I also don't understand why some fix/improvement are not including. Example:

- Torpedo spotted, a yellow icon pop-ups and after ~3s disappeared and you don't know where torps anymore, THAT IS ANNOYING, why we can't have this icon permanent on the torpedo or like 60s? This is literally one line of code! 

- Save / load - why we can't have it? copy all date relating to the campaign to folder "save" and copy back to original localization if someone load it. That is task for one day I think. Why we don't have it? 

-Import / Export ships, maybe not super useful and important, but nice to have.

-Smoke on compass or something like that

-Explaining something or put annotations that this part of game is in progress not implemented yet. 

-30x time enable for player on beta at least or with warning (this option is experimental).

Student for 5$-8$ per hour could do it in one month. (from my perspective) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It still occasionally locks up but it's MUCH better (But it usually is the farther you go in game) will have to start a new campaign to verify if it is better.

A new bug that's popped up is certain of my ships aren't repairing (No matter how many times they visit a port.  Heck one went thru a 10 month refit and came out damaged) the only way to get it repair is to take more damage to it.

1 hour ago, Plazma said:

I also don't understand why some fix/improvement are not including. Example:

- Torpedo spotted, a yellow icon pop-ups and after ~3s disappeared and you don't know where torps anymore, THAT IS ANNOYING, why we can't have this icon permanent on the torpedo or like 60s? [...]

- Save / load - why we can't have it? copy all date relating to the campaign to folder "save" and copy back to original localization if someone load it. [...]

-Import / Export ships, maybe not super useful and important, but nice to have.

-Smoke on compass or something like that

While I don't share Plazma's assessment of how "easy" it would be to implement this, these 4 suggestions are in my personal top of needed Quality Of Life improvements.

If your have a pop-up when the ship detects a torpedo, surely you should have some kind of UI feature tracking the torpedo. Even you (player) lost track of it during the battle, surely someone in the ship would keep a close eye on it, representing the UI feature tagging the torpedo.

And it surely would be nice to be able to play more than 1 campaign simultaneously.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skeksis said:

pcA29I5.jpg

I can't understand for the life of me how you continue to maintain over time that this spotting system (or lack thereof) is a good feature. It would be one thing if this total and significant deviation from historical norms enhanced gameplay and made it more enjoyable. Instead, it fails to do even that. No one wins, neither "arcade"-type players, nor more historically-minded ones.

Frankly, while the battlemap spotting needs to be changed, the bigger issue that would alleviate the lion's share of the most frustrating encounters in the first place is to add an operational level reconnaissance element to the campaign map. Identification and classification of vessels should be made when the encounter is generated...in fact, IT IS!

Look at the battle markers - it tells you the speed, loadout, and characteristics of the ship facing you...but suddenly that knowledge disappears instantly when we go into battle, and we need to find the enemy again and re-ascertain his ship type? No...NOTHING about this current system makes sense at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1