Game-Labs Forum

>>> Beta 1.06 Feedback<<< (FINAL UPDATE 6th Release Candidate)

Please, could you fix the collision mechanics?
For the nth time, one of my damaged battleships automatically transferred into another division (why it does, I do not know, but it happens all the time). During the process of maneuvering into position behind the second division ships, it rammed the sinking wreck of an enemy battleship and received massive damage, enough to sink it.
This happens all the time. The lead ship evades when on "Evade Ships" orders, the following vessels blissfully ram and obstacles.
Mostly, these are torpedo boats, but this time it was really annoying. First the involuntary transfer, then the completely unnecessary loss of an entire, albeit light, battleship.

Old bug, but I will ask, did you working to fix it?

Reproduction:

Press 1 press 1 again, select a new course for ship. 

Fixing:

Press 1 and after a moment 1 again. 

Also I think the France TB hull is worse than Italy or HA hull. I must test it more. I made 2 test with 2 different TB for France. 

On paper only france TB have two adventage:

-parametr: HA  vs France

-turnining circle: 371 vs 343 

-spotting: 2500 vs 1815

The rest HA winning also I must mention that the firing arc for fore gun is much better for the HA, like 340 for HA, when France have like 270. 

Offset: 7,5 vs 22,6

Pitch: 54 vs 54,7

Roll: 70,4 vs 71,2

Engine: 83,8 vs 83,2

Range: 7700 vs 6643

Cost: 615439 vs 629913

Gun accuracy this same/very similar like the rest of statistics. 

Of course this all depends on the who and what TB made, but I try make France TB as good as HA TB without success. 

Please see below battle of TB vs CL, I wonder why my TB have 0% chance on hit from 1 meter. (while I charge on the enemy ship I have 0% accuracy) 

Edited by Plazma

I swear from now on since the AI still runs away slowly turning in campaign im gonna submit a bug report each and every battle, this is getting really old. If the AI isn't interested in fighting then the Battle shouldn't occur, and they should just surrender, and if your unwilling to fix it, then give us the ability to always use 30x so we can at least tolerate this, because its bullshit

Edited by Candle_86
  • Like 7

Ok, RE: building offset bug. Its not even a turn end, its just leaving the builder. If you save a design, do build something else, then come back to the design it will maintain its offset, but if you exit the builder and stay in the same turn it will add in the offset. 

Also you totally wrecked the game with your GDP fixes, now i can win war after war, and wipe out the enemies battleships and crusisers, but next war in 3 years they'vbe got another 20-30 battleships, this is totally unacceptable, rollback whatever buff you gave to them, because this is beyond stupid

10 hours ago, RegamusMaximis said:

Does research that change stats affect the ships weigh or something without refitting?

I can build a ship and have 0 offset, come back to actually do a refit and all of a sudden it's 70% off aft weigh wise

Yes. After researching different items their weight will change. For example a Mark 2 turret will have a different weight from a Mark 3.  When you select refit it will automatically apply the latest version of whatever you have equipped. This is affected by everything you research from armor quality and engine weight to your turret and superstructure weight.

Editing just to clarify. It won't change your weight until you click the refit button. The second you click refit it updates everything with the new weight values. 

Edited by M3rky1

16 minutes ago, Candle_86 said:

Also you totally wrecked the game with your GDP fixes, now i can win war after war, and wipe out the enemies battleships and crusisers, but next war in 3 years they'vbe got another 20-30 battleships, this is totally unacceptable, rollback whatever buff you gave to them, because this is beyond stupid

It seems impossible just based on building costs alone. Have you ever tried building more than 1 battle ship at a time? It's expensive and it takes like 2 years min. Are you sure they aren't already being built before or maybe they are bringing old ones out of mothballs? It could be that since you killed all of their ships they have zero maintenance costs so they can now just go crazy with building now. 

20 minutes ago, M3rky1 said:

It seems impossible just based on building costs alone. Have you ever tried building more than 1 battle ship at a time? It's expensive and it takes like 2 years min. Are you sure they aren't already being built before or maybe they are bringing old ones out of mothballs? It could be that since you killed all of their ships they have zero maintenance costs so they can now just go crazy with building now. 

Possibly, but i had both blockaded and denied peace until it was forced on me, their economies where trashed, their admirals had been replaced, and now, they outnumber me 3-1 ship wise, but Italy collapsed, and France has yet to build new ships still putting around with their 4 remaining crusiers, and 2 torpedo boats. AT this point im just quitting because its not a workable scenerio.

As for building multiple at once, yea I've done that, I got my economy to where i can lay down 30 Dreadnoughts at once if i want to in peace time and still make money, it was 1919 when i quit, and my navy's funds where a little over 12 billion, without cheating mind you. But I just did a battle with 14 of my BB's agasint them, and lost 12 of them, because i got ambushed by 40 Battleships. 

If your curious how, i set crew training down to like 10%, cranked trade to 200% and set research to max as well. IT started off at a positive of like 2 million, but within 10 years i was making 30-40mil, after nearly 20 years in peace i was doing 329 million a turn

Edited by Candle_86

*UPDATE 22* (1/7/2022)
- Fixed problems with weight offset/Pitch/Roll values in campaign having differences from the UI. Your saved designs will become modified as a result. UI may still have some differences but the important thing is that the values will be correct in combat.
- Fixed problems which could cause AI Task Forces to not move out from ports and head aggressively to player.
- Fixed problems with campaign events which did not allocate GDP bonuses as they should.
- Some further Technology progress balance.
- Tension reduction for nations at good relations reduced so that wars can be triggered more easily, if large fleets mobilize at sea.
- Campaign AI personalities will invest more in transport capacity.
- Fine tuning of AI auto-design.

PLEASE RESTART STEAM TO DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE (Saves are not reset - We have to fix a few more things so the full release has to be postponed. This version should be well playable so more players are invited to try it out before the release)

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

*UPDATE 22* (1/7/2022)
- Fixed problems with weight offset/Pitch/Roll values in campaign having differences from the UI. Your saved designs will become modified as a result. UI may still have some differences but the important thing is that the values will be correct in combat.
- Fixed problems which could cause AI Task Forces to not move out from ports and head aggressively to player.
- Fixed problems with campaign events which did not allocate GDP bonuses as they should.
- Some further Technology progress balance.
- Tension reduction for nations at good relations reduced so that wars can be triggered more easily, if large fleets mobilize at sea.
- Campaign AI personalities will invest more in transport capacity.
- Fine tuning of AI auto-design.

PLEASE RESTART STEAM TO DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE (Saves are not reset - We have to fix a few more things so the full release has to be postponed. This version should be well playable so more players are invited to try it out before the release)

as part of the full release are you going to reopen the save files. I was giving some thought to this, and its easy to do, tons of games do this for achivements you just do it for submit a bug. Instead of having the JSON encrypted, have a hash saved to an encrpyted JSON on closeing the game or leaving the campaign, if when relaunched the hash doesn't match the saved ecnrypted hash the game still plays but the report a bug feature is disabled, I'd say this would work great in the non beta builds, can you implement this feature, so you guys arn't flooded with bad bug reports, but those of us who want to deal with any bugs in the live version can simply choose to deal with them without the ability to submit said bug?

It would also likely lower occurances of bug reports from people using cheat engine as I'm sure thats a massive uptick since you encrypted the JSON

Edited by Candle_86
  • Like 3

yea change didn't do anything, got the new verison, i had no fleet built new game playing as germany, I built zero ships, and by 1891 france and me where at war anyway, what the actual hell, this artifical nonsense is stupid

Edited by Candle_86

The entire taskforce is returning to port after battle with just minor damage on any one ship. Repairing at sea and only sending damage ships home worked previously. This broke a few updates back.

Also posted previously was a suggestion that damaged ships should sail home, not teleport!  

Edited by Skeksis
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

How are why are the campaign values and UI values different?  Shouldn't they both be drawing from the exact same source, the ship's own designed stats?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kjg000 said:

So I  doubt you only sank 3 ships in 60 years! That really would have been a nasty game!

So another thing to be fixed. Not the highest priority, but still needs to be fixed.

They only had like 7-8 ships in total and those three were the only ones they ever let out of their ports to fight me...

@Nick Thomadis When can we expect ships to only return to their designated ports and not be send at random to any of our ports? As Germany this is very annoying in general. Especially so since Hmaburg is still a Baltic port and the Nordostseekanal is not working as a transit route either.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ZorinW said:

They only had like 7-8 ships in total and those three were the only ones they ever let out of their ports to fight me...

I think the campaign will be significantly improved if the Devs stop trying to force equal tonnage engagements and allow Task Forces to be positioned strategically and actually have meaning. What exactly are those green circles for, at the moment they are just decorative. 

I've had ships abandon their station blockading the French mainland ports in the western Mediterranean (as far west as I could place them), passing several of my other TFs, positioned specifically to blockade the A-H ports,  to engage an A-H fleet, made-up of ships from all 3 blocked A-H ports. Therefore ignoring the blockade and my closest TFs as well as lifting the blockade on France. 

At the moment there is no point in placing TFs thoughtfully or trying to exploit choke points, as the game simply ignores them. It also  combines TF seemingly on a whim whenever the mood strikes it, even if they have different missions, and sometimes simply because they happened to end the turn near each other. 

However, I think this would be a priority for 1.07

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, kjg000 said:

I think the campaign will be significantly improved if the Devs stop trying to force equal tonnage engagements and allow Task Forces to be positioned strategically and actually have meaning. What exactly are those green circles for, at the moment they are just decorative. 

I've had ships abandon their station blockading the French mainland ports in the western Mediterranean (as far west as I could place them), passing several of my other TFs, positioned specifically to blockade the A-H ports,  to engage an A-H fleet, made-up of ships from all 3 blocked A-H ports. Therefore ignoring the blockade and my closest TFs as well as lifting the blockade on France. 

At the moment there is no point in placing TFs thoughtfully or trying to exploit choke points, as the game simply ignores them. It also  combines TF seemingly on a whim whenever the mood strikes it, even if they have different missions, and sometimes simply because they happened to end the turn near each other. 

However, I think this would be a priority for 1.07

yea, it used to matter in an earlier patch, task forces could get stopped and not able to pass, dunno why they disabled that.

When accepting events, if spending over the amount of naval funds (reserves), the amount of money is not removed from the naval funds budget. However, other effects (i.e. unrest, prestige, alliance) from the event are effective.

EDIT:

-If you acquire ships during a peacedeal the flag of the (captured) ship is still of the country from whom you received the ship.

-After signing peace, you should not be able to get involved in another war against the same nation very soon. Now, relations detoriate very fast so that war is quickly trigger again.

Edited by Tycondero

In the "pocket battleship" scenario there is still the extremely annoying "invisible enemy" situation where my two modern destroyers and two modern cruisers with RDF and best possible towers cannot see the enemy at less than 6 km away, while he's happily peppering me with shells and torpedo salvoes. Around 5 km I can finally see him with my surviving boats but of course can't hit anything.

EDIT: The Enemy BC AI is also infuriating as it keeps running away (to keep the distance presumably) despite the explicit description in the scenario and despite its being supposed to protect the transports. In the latest attempt I got rid of 3 of his destroyers early on, then finally located the transports and slaughtered them easily as the BCs preferred to simply turn tail and speed away at a ridiculous speed. So, of course I can't win the scenario since I can never catch them, they simply run away.

EDIT 2: No, I won after all. Just sinking the transports is enough. Very poorly made scenario though, sheer frustration and no strategy. Might as well have rolled dice.

Edited by imp44791

The stability and no crashing is such a welcome change. Surprising how much more enjoyable the game is when every end turn or built ship isn't a crash risk.

Only thing I'd like to see when this goes live, is the option to speed up time no matter what. If I get my ships torpedo'd or sunk cause at x30 I'm too slow, that should be an option I have anyways. 

If your ship is even 1 knot slower, and they get away especially in the early era's with poor accuracy, unless you give up and instantly turn your engines off and turn around, you can be stuck at x5 speed for so long chasing nothing, waiting for the end battle to appear

I imagine that's a really easy change, and I can't be the only person who would enjoy that 

Edit: tldr, Keep the auto slow down, but allow us to speed it back up again

Edited by RegamusMaximis
  • Like 3

Some very quick weight issue feedback here.
While this issue has been the subject of detailed discussion since the opening of 1.06 beta and has improved quite a bit, there's still a bit of work to be done with it.
Pitch and roll seem to be working as intended, but longitudinal offset continues to be an issue. I believe this remaining issue to be caused by the location of secondary weapons.
E.G.
SMS Bayern as of update 22:
ZgPu0Re.png
SMS Bayern with the forward most 5.9 casemate guns removed:
qd8eGXc.png
Now, it's fair to argue that removing ~180t of weight off the front would have that sort of effect on a 34,000t BB, but I'm still not convinced this is working as intended because of what happens when we do the same sort of thing with Yamato:
OkBZV8Y.png
When we remove 2 of the rear 40mm mounts and this is what we get:
gaXjNbE.png
We only removed 14 tons, and the ship's stability has increased by a significant margin.
I'm not an engineer, but I'm not sure this is how it works. On the real Yamato design, this section of the ship was utilized for aircraft facilities, with those aircraft being stored under the deck, next to the barbette for X turret, meaning that even more weight was present on this part of the ship IRL. Yet, this didn't have a massive impact on the ship's overall stability, if anything, it seemed to balance out the weight of A turret and Yamato's rather long bow.

TL:DR, secondary guns need to have less influence on the weight offset of the ship. If this change is implemented, then it might prove the final change we need to resolve the weight issue that has plagued us for the past few weeks.

• Like 2

from now, it is hard to make tension between good relation country.

update 22 ,Italian, 1890.

I don't want to fight French (because he always died) but Austro-Hungarian. so I order my entire fleet which 10 BB &4 CL go to Adriatic Sea.

then after 12 turns, we don't make any tension, I know update 22 increase the difficulty about make tension.

I can even image AH's admiral say: "see! Italian take their little fleet there to play sand again."

the random event is rarely to let me reduce relation to AH,too. (most time it is about french.)

maybe we should take active to make event? so far the player always has been passive side. (we can't decide what country we face in event)